Looking for a Let's Play Underground Partner

Theoreticallyy's Avatar Theoreticallyy6/15/12 5:18 pm
1 emeralds 106 2
6/15/2012 5:27 pm
Theoreticallyy's Avatar Theoreticallyy
A Hypocritical Rant on Let's Plays. Looking for a Partner.

Hello, Theoretical Here.
Okay, just look over there for one second, I'm waiting.
------------------------->

Did you see all of the different threads labeled: "Need a partner," "Building Team: STILL RECRUITING!!!" or simply, "Need a MC partner." The majority of these are people posting an application for a Lets Play to be answered in under a minute by some random person. All they no about these people is probably their in game name, whether they can host a server or not, and there age. It is just unprofessional, childish, and the videos these people are producing--even if they get to producing--are practically watched by no one. Who wants to watch a bunch of kids attempt to put on a decent show? Not me. It is ridiculous. If you are on of these people posting these threads--you have to get a little more series and selective with your applications--you need information.

The other thing is, everybody does Lets Plays. They are like a wildfire in a thick woodland--every single tree is burned. And who is going to pick one tree out of thousands and watch it burn? Who is going to watch someone try to do what everybody else is trying to do? Not me. Not you. Has anybody noticed that all the popular Minecraft you-tubers are actually all doing Lets Plays, but with a twist? Antvenom's Hunt for the Golden Apple series is basically a Let's Play, but the main objective is hunting golden apples. What about Far Lands or Bust? That is a Lets Play, but with a twist--to go to the far-lands. In order to be popular, present a twist. Now I want to make a Lets Play too, it is interesting and fun-filled, that is why everyone does it. So if you are interested read on.

For a long while I have wanted to make an interesting, factual, and mildly hilarious Let's Play. However, I have yet to find someone with the imagination and discipline to cope with my demanding requirements. The person I have outlined in my head is cooperative, hardworking, available, and committed. If you are none of these I highly suggest not applying. Secondly, I like to see devolution, if you are applying as the partner please draft a simple paragraph explaining why you would think people would want to watch you. If we are going to be watched by even a handful of people we need to be taken seriously. Who's going to watch some kids fool around in Minecraft cracking profanity jokes? Exactly. It is quite possible nobody here will fill these requirements--so I shall search sometime elsewhere.

If I do find somebody who fits this demanding array of characteristics we will be doing Minecraft-pg5's Underground Survival Map. Find the post by searching it up. The post is called: "Underground Survival 1.1 Never See the Sunlight Again," or something like that. If you are applying post two facts about the post by Minecraft-pg5--there I repeated is name again--so I know you understand what is going on.

Finally the application. These requirements are all mandatory.
You will be judged on spelling and grammar. One application per person. 2-3 posts on this thread per person.

APPLICATION

Name

IGN

Do you have any prior experience on handling Lets Plays? Have you ever done one/a related subject too it? If so, right a couple sentences explaining about your specific experience.

What is your favorite quote? Why? Don't ask why I am asking this--I have my reasons. And write at least TWO sentences explaining why this quote is your favorite.

What are you most skilled in? Choices: Mining, Farming, Building, Exploring, Overall Knowledge of Minecraft. Choose one skill please.

What is your favorite tool in Minecraft? Mine for example is: the "Fishing Rod." One tool per application please.

How long have you played Minecraft?

Do you have any recording software? If so, what? And for what purposes did you get/obtain this software?

Do you have a decent microphone? Is your voice clear?

Are you Male or Female?

Do you have Skype? Yes or No? One word answer please.

Are you funny or interesting? Pick one of these two characteristics. One word answer please.

How available are you? Examples: Weekends only, or Everyday at 6.

Can you host a server?

Write a paragraph about "Why you would think someone would want to watch you:"

Look at Minecraft-pg5's Underground Survival Project, and write two sentences about the project in general:

Additional Information about you: (Optional)

Thank you for filling this application.
Other requirements: You must have at least one project, and one blog on Planet Minecraft.

Additional Information, Logistics: If I liked your application you will receive a PM. We will be communicating through PMs, tell I think skype is necessary.
Theoreticallyy
Level 13 : Journeyman Blacksmith