I want to review your channel

Crafter130's Avatar Crafter1302/12/13 7:04 am
2/22/2013 3:41 pm
StandageGaming's Avatar StandageGaming
Hey guys I'm a partner and I thought I could give a review to people's channels who need advice. I've been in the game for half a year, and I became a director for PhazerTV in 2 months. Last month I signed a two year contract with RPM network and ever since have been devoting my time to growing my channel and helping others get to the same level or hopefully higher. Even if you are partnered please leave your channel because I may still be able to help. I will do it similarly to the way SoupCanGaming did his reviews, I will review one video, then the whole channel.
My rubric is as follows:

Video
-Commentary
-Audio
-Visual
-Unique/Idea of video
-Description

Channel
-Background
-Channel Layout
-Thumbnails

Thanks guys. I am doing this asking for nothing but maybe some exposure for my own channel. If I review your channel, it'd be much appreciated if you subscribed to me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGentlemenTV.

Thanks guys!
Crafter130
Level 6 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/22/2013 3:30 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Xeptron
Hay. You can check out my channel ) I'd love if you could review this one !

http://www.youtube.com/YaskGaming

Thank You )
02/22/2013 1:44 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
Zaredd
Hey man, i cant think on what to ugrade my channel with so ill give you a shot,

http://www.youtube.com/zaredddezigns

i could possibly get you a fair bit of exposure seeing as i run 2 networks.
02/22/2013 1:24 pm
ramblinghaggis
hey, would you look at mine when you get a chance? Any opinions welcome

https://www.youtube.com/user/ramblingha ... ature=mhee
02/22/2013 1:23 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Ranger
+Brindeelow
+Brindeelowsounds like a fun idea, could you have a look at me, i put in a lot of time into my videos and wish a could have a bit more feedback!! http://www.youtube.com/user/brindeelow

what did you think of mine?
02/15/2013 5:34 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Artist
FroggToggz
I am relativity new so I don't expect to score that high on areas like the background, avatar, etc. But I have spent some money on a good gaming rig, audio equipment, and a screen recorder. I am contemplating getting a Blue Yeti mic or not so audio feedback will be appreciated! Aside from that I interested in what I score!

http://www.youtube.com/user/FroggToggz/featured
02/15/2013 5:07 pm
FKJbro
Crafter130
Hey guys please check out my videos, i have 4 current series which are: Let's play, Feed the beast, toy story, and a capture the monument game. Please Subscribe!
Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/FlyKidJack

Video I chose: Feed The Beast | Episode 2 | Volcano House?

Audio Quality- 10/10
PERFECT

Video Quality- 10/10
Perfect no lag, very fluent, great job!

Commentary- 9/10
Very good commentary, I found myself laughing pretty hard a t some points, very impressed!

Description- 2/10
Dude put some stuff in the description about the video. Description, behind title, is the second most important thing that helps people find your video when they search on youtube or google.

Background- 9/10
Very cool. It's one of the best non-partnered backgrounds I've seen in a while!

Again I don't really like the look of a minecraft skin head as an avatar, but yours is alright because it is kinda on a blue backing. I would get something a little more creative, but I guess it's fine.

Thumbnails- 10/10
SICK

OVERALL- 9/10
Lengthen descriptions with more detail, and change avatar. Besides that, amazing channel!!!!!

Thanks man! I do a lot of tagging though?
02/14/2013 7:18 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Dea5
I don't think i'm even close? I started putting a lot of work in it on my latest episode so please have mercy because i just started and my latest episode has the new stuff i added in my video's ( http://www.youtube.com/user/WingBingOO )

PS:
1) Saving to get myself a new headset!
2) I can't upload in HD because where i come from (Private) there is no such thing as downloading and playing minecraft at the same time (You get the picture)
Approx [Downloading Speed]: 113 kb/s

-Thanks
-WingBingOO
02/14/2013 7:01 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Ranger
+Brindeelow
sounds like a fun idea, could you have a look at me, i put in a lot of time into my videos and wish a could have a bit more feedback!! www.youtube.com/user/brindeelow
02/14/2013 5:50 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
finalclaw
Thanks, and where could I find someone to make an avatar for me?(also searching for intros...)
02/14/2013 6:30 pm
Crafter130
Hit this guy up on skype he does backgrounds (not sure about intros...)

Blackhawkgfx

He designed this one:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGentlemenTV
02/14/2013 5:49 pm
Crafter130
Hey guys please check out my videos, i have 4 current series which are: Let's play, Feed the beast, toy story, and a capture the monument game. Please Subscribe!

Video I chose: Feed The Beast | Episode 2 | Volcano House?

Audio Quality- 10/10
PERFECT

Video Quality- 10/10
Perfect no lag, very fluent, great job!

Commentary- 9/10
Very good commentary, I found myself laughing pretty hard a t some points, very impressed!

Description- 2/10
Dude put some stuff in the description about the video. Description, behind title, is the second most important thing that helps people find your video when they search on youtube or google.

Background- 9/10
Very cool. It's one of the best non-partnered backgrounds I've seen in a while!

Again I don't really like the look of a minecraft skin head as an avatar, but yours is alright because it is kinda on a blue backing. I would get something a little more creative, but I guess it's fine.

Thumbnails- 10/10
SICK

OVERALL- 9/10
Lengthen descriptions with more detail, and change avatar. Besides that, amazing channel!!!!!
02/14/2013 5:19 pm
Crafter130
GUYS SO SORRY IM GETTING ON THE REVIEWS NOW I'VE BEEN SO BUSY!!!
02/12/2013 7:46 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Dragon
MineSpectral
02/12/2013 7:11 pm
ExquisiteLIGHT
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheExquisit ... ature=mhee
I'm down. Checked out your videos btw. Subbed.
02/12/2013 7:07 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
taylormarek
I'd be happy to hear some feedback from you if you have free time.

YouTube channel is: http://youtube.com/mcConspirators

I went ahead and subscribed to your channel. Thanks!
02/12/2013 7:06 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
schnikes
I would really appreciate a review
http://www.youtube.com/schnikesbro
02/12/2013 6:28 pm
Level 20 : Expert Artist
KilledBy_Alex
02/12/2013 6:15 pm
Level 24 : Expert Pokemon
krazyfrogable
02/14/2013 6:39 pm
Crafter130
Video I chose: Skyblock W/ Evan: Episode 3

Audio Quality- 5/10
You're audio was ok, but your friend was so quiet I heard like three things he said. Also, his voice was really glitchy...

Video Quality- 8/10
Very fuzzy. It's ok though. Just a bit clearer would fix it the problem.

Commentary- 3/10
Remember you are making a video for a reason. It seemed almost like you were playing with a friend and somebody accidentally turned the recorder on. Remember when you start that you have an audience listen to you. Also, acnowledge the audience at the beginning, it's just wierd if you don't...

Description- 4/10
Give some info about the video in the description. It's just a random generic description, they should change according to video, or at least series!

Background- 1/10
Thats not even your background dude...

Again I don't really like the look of a minecraft guy as an avatar. Look for something to replace it, even an easy self-made logo...

Thumbnails- 7/10
Ok. They aren't bad, keep doing those for now. They look fine!

OVERALL- 3/10
This channel needs a lot of work. Please take what I said into consideration. If you do, you will see a lot of success in the future!
02/12/2013 6:10 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Architect
Ian The Oreo
Crafter130
I'll be first!
I play various games on my channel, I'm on my tablet, so of you want to see me channel click on the link in my signature c:
Thanks.

Video I chose:
Team Fortress: Multiply a Weapon's Stats by 10 - Part 2

Audio Quality
- 9/10
Audio was very good on the video for commentary. Your voice stayed on a generally level sound and was very clear. The game play however sometimes was too loud for the commentary itself, try to adjust audio levels to make sure that your audience can hear you over the game.

Video Quality- 10/10
Great video quality. Not much else to be said besides the fact that I can tell you are invested in getting good equipment for your channel.

Commentary- 8/10
Very good commentary but sometimes seemed like you weren't really aware there was an audience. You seemed to be more invested in the conversation you had with the other person. You did very well though!

Description
-3/10
Very weak description. Besides the title, the description is the most important part of the video to attract viewers in the search engine. Bulk it up with some stuff that just says like "Playing team fortress online on this server... watch me do this" anything like that which would involve things people would search for!

Background
- 9/10
Love the idea of mixing Team fortress into the background with your name. My only critique, is maybe to add some more to the name. It is slightly bland, but tht may have been the colors you were going for with IanTheOREO.

Once again love the avatar it looks great. The font is very bland though, it makes the avatar look like a quick job, if you make it something cooler for a font it can help your image a lot.

Thumbnails- 10/10
Keep doing it!

OVERALL- 8/10
Your only real problem lies in staying on task with a commentary. Your audio, video, and everything else is fine, but you seem to get off track. I find it funny most of the time, but it can leave an audience disinterested. Finally, work on lengthening the description and using good tags! Other than that, I like the channel!

Thanks! It's nice to see more people on this forum giving back to the community :3
02/12/2013 6:08 pm
FKJbro
[yt]oqU3x8vmA[/yt]
02/12/2013 6:05 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
finalclaw
Hmmm, could you please review my channel:
I started not long ago, but I'm trying to make videos weekly, rate on what you think is good and bad, and please, be honest, if it sucks, say so, thanks for helping
https://youtube.com/TheRuinedKing
Finalclaw out
02/14/2013 5:42 pm
Crafter130
Video I chose: Zombie Apocalypse(with BLINDBAT99) part 2(read the description)

Audio Quality- 9/10
Game audio and voice audio had good levels, it was very clear, which is all that matters really to me as a viewer of an MC video.

Video Quality- 8/10
Very good quality, a couple spots were glitchy/laggy but besides that you got it good!

Commentary- 9/10
I loved how you guys had some good banter in a co-op game. Commentary was almost perfect, keep doing it!

Description-7/10
Very brief description. Say a few things in the description that will happen later in the video. It gives people a reason to continue watching throughout so they can find the part that sounds funny!

Background- N/A

Kind of random :/. If you want to grow bigger, you need to create a brand. If that means paying 10 bucks for a background and avatar cmbo so be it. It doesnt even need to be that much. Just please get something. SO many funny people have given up because their channels wont grow because they can't brand it. Take my advice, make a more good looking channel...

Thumbnails- N/A

OVERALL- 5/10
I have to say the actual videos were very impressive and I enjoyed the one I watched. The channel itself though is well...bland. I'm not trying to be mean either, I'm just trying to point out a key flaw. Fix that, and you can expect a rapid view increase!
02/12/2013 11:08 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
MineJack
Hey thought this would be good and would help

http://www.youtube.com/user/WolfmanJosh115

We are getting new and better PC's and better mic's in the near future so we can play a very wide variety of games.

Also don't rate the thumbnails before Tekkit Episode 1 because they are not that good

Thanks so much for your time
02/14/2013 5:31 pm
Crafter130
Video I chose: Portal 2 | Co-op - Part 4 | Jumpscares :/

Audio Quality- 9/10
Game audio and voice audio had good levels, neither ever really overpowered the other.

Video Quality- 10/10
Great video quality. I can see you use some good equipment!

Commentary- 7/10
It was good commentary, it's just that with a game like portal 2 you can't really do a lot with commentary. I think your main problem lied only in the game, not the way you commentate...

Description-5/10
Very brief description. Say a few things in the description that will happen later in the video. It gives people a reason to continue watching throughout so they can find the part that sounds funny!

Background- 5/10
Pretty good background. You may need something better once your channel really gets bigger. But for now the one you have is great!

I'm sorry but the whole minecraft skin avatar is getting old. Everybody uses it and it just gets to be very unoriginal. I'm sure you can think of something better, even get some cool picture online. You have great thumbnails, idk why you have that as an avatar.

Thumbnails- 10/10
Keep doing it! VERY COOL!!!!

OVERALL- 6/10
I'll be honest the videos were pretty good, but if people see your channel, they aren't going to think it's any different. You need some uniqueness, please tell me if you want my designer he is very good and very cheap. To see my background just click the link at the beginning of the thread. Anyway, if you can improve the look of your channel, and keep doing videos like minecraft, you'll be up to an 8/10 in a week! None of theis was meant to be hate, I honestly am trying to help...
02/14/2013 6:02 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
MineJack
I know this is meant to be an honest opinion and I respect that. Your advice was good and Ive taken all of it on board. Thanks!

With the background I feel that the lack of a youtube banner (the extra space at the top of the channel) is preventing me from creating a good youtube background :/
02/12/2013 7:29 am
Crafter130
I'll be first!
I play various games on my channel, I'm on my tablet, so of you want to see me channel click on the link in my signature c:
Thanks.

Video I chose:
Team Fortress: Multiply a Weapon's Stats by 10 - Part 2

Audio Quality
- 9/10
Audio was very good on the video for commentary. Your voice stayed on a generally level sound and was very clear. The game play however sometimes was too loud for the commentary itself, try to adjust audio levels to make sure that your audience can hear you over the game.

Video Quality- 10/10
Great video quality. Not much else to be said besides the fact that I can tell you are invested in getting good equipment for your channel.

Commentary- 8/10
Very good commentary but sometimes seemed like you weren't really aware there was an audience. You seemed to be more invested in the conversation you had with the other person. You did very well though!

Description
-3/10
Very weak description. Besides the title, the description is the most important part of the video to attract viewers in the search engine. Bulk it up with some stuff that just says like "Playing team fortress online on this server... watch me do this" anything like that which would involve things people would search for!

Background
- 9/10
Love the idea of mixing Team fortress into the background with your name. My only critique, is maybe to add some more to the name. It is slightly bland, but tht may have been the colors you were going for with IanTheOREO.

Once again love the avatar it looks great. The font is very bland though, it makes the avatar look like a quick job, if you make it something cooler for a font it can help your image a lot.

Thumbnails- 10/10
Keep doing it!

OVERALL- 8/10
Your only real problem lies in staying on task with a commentary. Your audio, video, and everything else is fine, but you seem to get off track. I find it funny most of the time, but it can leave an audience disinterested. Finally, work on lengthening the description and using good tags! Other than that, I like the channel!
02/12/2013 7:08 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Architect
Ian The Oreo
I'll be first!

I play various games on my channel, I'm on my tablet, so of you want to see my channel click on the link in my signature c:

Also you're doing a random video from my channel like SoupCanGaming did, don't choose anything earlier then "How Do I MvM?"

Thanks!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome