A Tale of Guilds [OOC]

The_Nerdiness's Avatar The_Nerdiness3/18/13 12:54 am
3/24/2013 7:48 pm
The_Nerdiness's Avatar The_Nerdiness
Backstory

''Ellis''
A reasonably large country, constantly being attacked by rival countries and terrorist groups. Ellis does not sound an ideal place to live or visit, yet each year it's population gets bigger and bigger. ''Why is this?'' You might ask. Ellis is home to some of the most famous and successful Alchemists and inventors, this gains it many visitors. Alchemists are people from clans who have studied alchemy long enough to take an element, alchemists have the ability to control the element they have studied, to an extent. Although the alchemists are entertaining, the main attraction of Ellis are the Guilds. Guilds are a place for young alchemists to join together and take on jobs. This keeps most of the crime rate down and monster attacks at a minimum.

Certain guilds take on jobs that include assassinations, murder, summoning or forbidden alchemy.
These guilds are usually isolated and hard to find, but usually contain powerful members with much alchemic knowledge. They are known as, ''Dead Guilds''.

The alchemists that live in Ellis come from all around, Ice alchemists of Gallan to the west, Stone alchemists from Tosen in the south. Ellis has some of the best and most unique alchemists you could imagine. Gennon is a country far in the north-west, during the last war it was taken over by a destructive Dead Guild that has been a pain for Ellis a neutral country, for many years. They constantly harass the population of Ellis with threats of war and destruction. The name of this guild is ''ArchAngel''.

[Basically, your job in this RP is to join a guild and take on jobs, Fighting monsters, Attacking Dead Guilds and other unique quests.]

App:

Appearance:
Personality:
Element:
Backstory:
Weakness [You know because everyone has one e.g: Afraid of spiders]:
Anything else:

Major Problems At The Current Time:
Click to reveal
The government has been troubled by Arch Angel over the past few months. This has cost Ellis money power and dignity.

The thermal pits in Tosen are being disturbed, sending mass amounts of alchemic energy to the surface. This has been causing animals to rapidly grow and change.
Creating Monsters.

Ellician alchemists are becoming more and more enraged at the fact that Ellis has not decided to fight back toward Arch Angel. They have resulted in making rebel groups. This has been putting Ellis in a dangerous position. If these groups cause any major events, Ellis could be sent into war.

Elements:

Fire
Click to reveal
Fire: Fire alchemists are from Tosen. They can create fire even with the smallest spark. They can control fire as long as there is a source for it to burn.
Fire alchemists can often burn themselves by accident and often use up their source without realizing.

Water
Click to reveal
Water: Water alchemists are from Ellis but have also been seen training in the west. If there is a nearby water source a water alchemist may bend water to it's will. If there is enough, a water alchemist may condense the water vapor in the air.
Water alchemists dislike hot areas due to the lack of moisture in the air.

Ice
Click to reveal
Ice: Ice alchemists are from Gallan. They can cause water to evaporate which allows them to freeze it into whatever shape they desire, due to ice being smooth they can will it onto their bodies as a make-shift shield or weapon. Ice alchemists put their bodies through large amounts of pain and training, often isolating themselves.

Stone
Click to reveal
Stone: Stone alchemists are from Tosen. They can will stone and move it but cannot will it into any shape other than a pillar or chunk. Stone alchemists often damage their bodies controlling heavy amounts if stone.

Iron
Click to reveal
Iron: Iron alchemists are from Tosen. They can will Iron into whatever shape they desire. Iron is extremely hard to control so only small amounts can be controlled at one time. Iron alchemists can at most create a sword shield or other weapon.

Flora
Click to reveal
Flora: Floral alchemists are from Ellis. They cannot control an element but after years of study they have the ability to communicate with plants. If the plant chooses to co-operate it will do as its master asks.
Some plants may be stubborn and refuse to do as a Floral alchemist asks.
A Floral alchemist can summon minerals and nutrients in the soil to a direct location, causing plants to grow larger.

Electricity
Click to reveal
Electricity: Electricity alchemists are from Gallan. They can control electricity and often conduct it in bad weather. An electricity alchemist may use electricity to move their muscles at high speed, but this can damage their bodies if they are not well trained.

[Note!] All alchemists contain alchemic power, this power may drain after a while of transmuting an element.

There are certain forbidden alchemy which will be mentioned later on in the RP.

Common Inventions/Gadgets

Communice:
Click to reveal
A small sphere inserted into the users ear. It allows communication to other people using the same frequency.

Swift Journal:
Click to reveal
A journal that allows the user to project his thoughts onto the paper like sheets. Mostly used to take down alchemic notes or to write diaries.

Prosthetic limbs/Organs
Click to reveal
Certain body parts can be replaced with metal contraptions that are made to do the same function. This is especially useful for Iron alchemists due to the lack of iron/metals in their surroundings

Power Gauge:
Click to reveal
An IV that allows people to see the amount of alchemic power stored in their bodies and how they are using at a certain time.

Pistols:
Click to reveal
The everyday pistol, you know what they are.

Air Ships:
Click to reveal
A recent creation, allowing people to drift through the skies like they were the very ocean.

Limiter:
Click to reveal
A type of prison tool used to limit a persons alchemic power so they can not transmute. These can also be used to drain power so it can be used for other appliances.

Compression gems:
Click to reveal
Small gems that usually contain water. They are most commonly used by Ice and Water alchemists. Due to how expensive they are, they are not often bought.

Rules

No God-Modding
No Bunnying
No controlling other people's characters
No Gary/Mary Sue characters
No creating your element out of nothing
Romance is allowed.... I guess.....
Try and keep profanity to a minimum
OOC Text goes in brackets ((Like This))
Backstory must be at least 2 paragraphs
Include ''I read the rules blah, blah, blah'' in anything else so I know you read the rules.
The_Nerdiness
Level 19 : Journeyman Network