A last Stand for Justice [IC]

Deth_Glitch's Avatar Deth_Glitch4/25/14 7:27 pm
5/8/2014 7:55 pm
cd_orange's Avatar cd_orange
This is the 'A Last Stand for Justice' In-Character Thread, Should you wish to join please apply here

Below here is the IC. You must be accepted.

The King and the Duke left the palace and walked out onto the high Balcony far above the Town Square, still talking amongst themselves. Finally the Duke broke off and walked up to the edge of the Balcony and Began to speak, as loud as though shouting but clear as any man. "Great peoples of the Kingdom of the Red Dragon and its allies! A few days ago we came here to tell you we were considering surrendering to the mighty beast that is Kyralia. Circumstances have changed! We will stand. All of our allies have either been defeated or lost their lands. Those that can still fight are here, on this small Island nation, ready and willing to fight with us for a greater tomorrow! There are no other nations but we shall not forget the words that we were told as children. Fight To The Last! We are the Knights of the Red Dragon and we are alone, in a last Stand for Justice, but while alone in territory we are not alone in either Spirit or force! We will give our all as will every one of our allies. You haven given much to the cause, but sadly not enough. Today we make preparations to be a Kingdom under Siege! FIGHT TO THE LAST!." he shouted to the masses gathering below as he spoke.
Deth_Glitch
Level 35 : Artisan Turtle

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/08/2014 7:55 pm
Level 28 : Expert Skinner
cd_orange
((Sorry for my long absence, was busy as well))

Walter heard the gun shot. Public execution? Having noticed Damon motioning him forward, Walter calmly walked to the side of Damon and looked down the balcony to see the circle around the dead man. "Was he a panic monger? If he was I am surprised you didn't silence him earlier. Panic is the last thing we want around here, especially with the enemy at our doorstep."
05/08/2014 7:28 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect
Thebubbaman2800
James fiddled with the Farrowmere insignia on his uniform. It'd been a month since he'd been drafted and it still took some getting used to. His ship had been retrofitted for combat and given a speed boost. James had been watching the speech from a nearby pub and heard the gun shot from inside. James left money on the counter and stepped out into the streets, heading towards the crowd. He nudged his way in, the crowd parting to his captain's military uniform and saw the body. "Aw, hell..." James walked over and checked his pulse. Dead. James saw a Marshal with his badge out. "I take it you dispensed of this man. A shot in the air would've sufficed, we're all afflicted by the war." James sighed and saw the guardsmen walking over through the crowd. James whistled. "Part! Let em through!"
04/28/2014 10:59 am
Deth_Glitch
Having heard a gunshot he looked over to the square below. Damon saw a quickly expanding circle, in the middle a dead man and to one end someone was walking casually away, at the other a man stood. With a nod to one of the guards who were following Damon and the king, yet keeping their distance, one of them walked over. "Take a group of men down to see whats going on, send those two men up here and get someone to clean up that body. I don't want my streets filled with the dead, it does not do for the mens morale." he said briskly before noticing a man in the shadow archway and nodding to him to motion him over. ((I don't know if you wanted me to know him))
04/27/2014 6:21 pm
cd_orange
"Admiral Hayes" spoke the Guards as Walter walked past them. While he has been stationed for 5 months in the Kingdom of the Red Dragon he still finds himself lost in the sprawling city. He walked past a few of Rezelian sailors, strangely there was a large space between them and the local inhabitants. Even though they are allies, the Rezelians still act like outsiders which is probably a matter of pride since they were formerly a global superpower. Many including Walter himself lament the fall of the Rezelian Federation and hope for its return. It also reminds Walter how the birth rates among Rezelians have fallen due to influx of Rezelian refugees joining the Air Fleet causing many Rezelian civilian sectors to suffer. Many of his officers speculate that within 2 or 3 years the entire Rezelian population will be in the military in some shape or form. But that was none of his immediate concern, he had a report to deliver. He overheard some passing civilians that there was a speech just a moment ago at town square. Knowing this, Walter immediately asked directions for the balcony over looking the square. After receiving the directions he immediately fast walked to the location and soon noticed the Duke dismissing a messenger. Walter waited in the archway for the Duke to move away from sight of the crowd. As he waited, Walter straightened his uniform.
04/27/2014 5:21 pm
Level 28 : Expert Scribe
Cool_Time22
Arthur looked down at the coin and saw - "Heads. I guess I'm okay with this. I best be on my way, then." He stood and started to walk off, whistling a tune his sister made up. He couldn't remember how they had disappeared, but the sight of a black coat still fills him with rage. Perhaps that's why he was fine with the black-coated thief getting shot. Perhaps.
04/27/2014 4:34 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
DarkMarshal
Charles watched as the man flipped a coin. He saw it fall into a nearby grate and heard the man sigh. Charles cracked a grin, he thought for a moment before reaching into his pocket and grabbing a coin; flipping it so it pinged on the floor a small distance in front of the man. He stood there with his hands on his hips, still smiling.
04/27/2014 3:34 pm
Cool_Time22
As Arthur put the gun into his jacket he eyed the man suspiciously. "Still," he said, kneeling down to the body. "Did you have to shoot him? It seems like a waste of bullets, surely a hanging would do." He flipped a coin, deciding whether or not to walk away. Arthur often did this when feeling indecisive - flipping a coin made life so much easier. The coin fell into a nearby grate and was lost. Arthur sighed and turned away.
04/27/2014 2:08 pm
DarkMarshal
Charles walked up to the body, nudging it with his foot. "Calm down everyone, he was stealing a purse" he said, grabbing the purse from the mans cold, dead fingers and handing to the old woman he'd stolen it from. "Marshall Hermantino" he said holding up his badge. He spotted a man with a gun. "Hey stop waving that around would you" he said calmly.
04/27/2014 12:29 pm
Cool_Time22
Arthur whipped his head around to the direction the shot came from. He had no idea where it was or why but he was going to find out. Running past confused and curious people, he finally came to a huge crowd with a thief dead on the ground, blood staining the floor. "What happened here?" Arthur asked the shocked crowd, looking around for anyone with a gun. He noticed several people, which only made this harder. He took out his own revolver and pointed it into the air. "Well?"
04/27/2014 11:06 am
DarkMarshal
The crowd started chanting which made Charles uneasy. It would make easy targets for pickpockets and thieves. He scanned the crowd looking for suspicious people. He saw one. A man he had already put in jail before, who had been caught for stealing. He observed as he walked along the back of the crowd, seemingly sizing up who to steal from. He fixed his gaze on a rather elderly woman. Charles was already ahead of him. As the man pulled out the ladies purse and started running Charles aimed. A shot rang out, forcing the whole crowd to turn silent, and making everyone spin round to now look at the dead thief on the floor. Charles span his revolver around and slid it into his holster.
04/27/2014 7:37 am
Deth_Glitch
Damon turned away from the gathering masses and to one of the squires following the pair "Go to the my manor and ask my personal messenger to fetch the other allied leaders that have retreated here, tell him to say that we need to plan our next move, together." he said calmly before returning to the masses who where beginning to chant "TO THE LAST!" over and over, with a nodding smile he watched as one of the allied messengers approached "Message from the Crew of the Valkyrie Sah!, it reads: we were attacked just off the coast, as we came back from a scouting mission, we saw them gathering a large attack force inland, but raids and strikes on the coast don't appear to be letting up any!" "Damnit to hell, let those Kyrilian bastards rot there to!" he muttered in response "Ok, thank you for this information, I need to get plans on order. Dismissed!"
04/26/2014 5:52 am
DarkMarshal
Charles was doing his daily check around the streets when in the distance he heard a faint voice. He'd rarely heard it but knew it was most likely the sound of the king or duke making some kind of speech. It seemed as if everyone was going to see as the streets were nearly empty; everyone was walking in the direction of the voice. Charles decided to do the same. Everyone in the same place at the same time could spark trouble he thought. He reached the crowd about half way through the speech, wondering what it was all about. By the end though, he had came to the conclusion that they were going to war.
04/25/2014 8:18 pm
cd_orange
The Instigator floated into the harbor towing behind it a damaged Kryalian Frigate. As it moved to dock, its forward cannon fired two blanks into the air. It was Rezelian tradition to fire two blanks into the air after a victory. The more shots fired, the more great the victory. It was quick engagement, a small Krylian convoy guarded by two frigates. The spoils of the convoy were transferred to the damaged frigate, an even greater prize than the convoy itself. The Instigator and its prize docked in the area where the R.R.A.F. 51st Battlegroup "Alexandre" was located, the Instigator's mighty engines screeched to a whisper.

"Docking is complete Admiral Hayes. Port Engineers are already enroute to secure and salvage the Krylian Frigate sir," The bridge signalman reported.

"Excellent. Tell the men they can rest, We'll start repairs and rearmament tomorrow morning at 1000 hours." Hayes responded as he turned towards the door.

"Everyone can go on shore leave but Crew Contingent C, First Officer Nelson your in command.

"Yes Admiral. Alright, Jennings I want to start repairing the reinforced windows first. Also get Ensign Gregor's blood off the console over there. We don't want anything to spread. Clean up the broken glass while you are at it."

It took about 30 minutes for Hayes to get off the ship, most of the time was spent inspecting other sectors of the ship, especially the sectors which took damage from the recent engagement. He checked his watch, "Looks like its time for me to make my report to the Duke." Hayes was the only Rezelian admiral currently at port, the two others took their own battlegroups off into enemy territory, performing raids or surgical strikes. They only return for repairs and rearmament. Hayes was assigned to stay behind and protect the Kingdom of the Red Dragon.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome