A Rift of Expectations [OOC Thread]

Deth_Glitch's Avatar Deth_Glitch12/14/13 11:01 am
1 emeralds 1.9k 74
7/26/2014 3:19 pm
Deth_Glitch's Avatar Deth_Glitch
A Rift of Expectations
(OOC, Applications and Discussions)

Welcome, this is an RP with a Twist. It is not about the characters but about the nations they lead. It is not like the usual adventure and you will not often be in 'direct' action. In this RP you will be the leader of a Nation or Faction in the Steam Punk world of Thiroxia and its up to you whether you lead your nations to war or peace. The Question is can you lead a new nation to victory in the uncertain times, new powers are emerging as the old super powers of the past collapse.

Backstory (Got a tad carried away... )
Click to reveal
Let me take you back 80 years. In this time, 1243, the old Kingdom of Ventirica is finding it difficult to stop the riots and rebellions that are arising though out their lands, their slow advance across the world forgotten as their armies are recalled to quell the uneasy population. The great Emperor stands atop his high walls looking over banks of smoke as the city below him is overtaken with rebellion. One by one the great cities and forts of the Kingdom fall to various rebellions and Army begin, what is now known as, the long retreat. They march to their Emperors aid as the forces stationed in the capital retreat to the outer palace, keeping the Emperor safe but leaving the city unprotected. They hold it for some months as yet more cities are lost. Up in the emperors high chambers the war council mutters and murmurs, outrage hidden by fear. Messenger birds flowing in and out in a near constant stream. All exits blocked and all the supplies they have are being rationed, even the Emperor is facing hunger problems. The City is soon besieged by the returning Army, as the rebels attend to the new threat the Emperors loyalists take opportunity to push the rebels out of the inner city. The Emperor sees this all, and face still wet from tears, jumps from his high tower.

The old Kingdom of Ventirica stands no more and the Rebels occupy the city as the Emperors forces leave to roam the land, leaderless. Many of the Prominent Factions that fled the various cities and towns either return to help regain order and to pledge to the numerous lords that have claimed them, whilst others stay in the countryside to form their own kingdoms and to start new nations. The old city becomes a slum as the new rebels find out that the great hoards of gold they had heard of where nowhere to be found and the they money they needed was not around. The old Council who surrendered was exiled, joining another Faction and, no doubt, helping another of the various pockets that rose in the chaos. Some of the Powerful Guilds found themselves moving all their branches to one city and, yet again, forming more kingdoms. All the while the Kingdoms that had remained as yet unoccupied and free from the Old Kingdom where beginning to rise and take the land that was now owned by no more then rabble and where joining in council to discus their actions to these new nations. Many voted for them to be crushed, should a new power arise. The new kingdoms found themselves facing a powerful enemy and many of the smaller towns and cities found themselves joining with larger ones, thus creating the powers that the kingdoms of the west and east had hoped to avoid. As airships roared overhead and many nations found themselves facing equal foes, many of the nations declared peace whilst others continued their campaign's against the upstart kingdoms.

Yes, time has passed since the collapse and the playing field is, once again largely balanced, but it is still fresh in the minds of many of the people and nations of Thiroxia, none more so then that of the Dwarves and Isidious, many of whom still remember the days from their own past. But now, with the collapse of the Powerful old Dwarvern Kingdom, a mere 5 years before this day, there are new nations. These new nations, not all Dwarvern and not all as happy to leave their surface dwelling friends alone as the old kingdom was.

Technology and Magic
Military
This is a land where airships dominate the sky with their great cannons and their ability to cover rough terrain, the sea is dominated with massive battleships, some the size of villages, covered in cannons and favored for their speed and ability to survive long periods of time without docking. The land, however, is a different story. Until recently the best that could be managed was crawlers mounted with soldiers using bows and one-handers without shields because anything else was too heavy but, with the refinement of wheels and improved steam engines, more and more land-crawlers and Battle-carts are being made, using light cannons and arrow (and lead-shot) stopping armaments. Favored for the sole purpose that they can roll up to the gates of land locked enemy cities while being able to take more damage then an airship.
When it comes to battle only a few armies are using muskets and basic guns on a large scale, and then only those of powerful dwarves or dwavern allies.

Non-Military
Towns and cities fill with smoke as the great powerful factory's pump out their goods, that is in most places. In some, basic windfarms manage to power large areas, especially in hillier locations and in others hydropower is being harnessed to turn powerful wheels and get the cogs of efficiency moving along.
With the launch of the Great city of Aurora, many other town sized Airships where launched, namely taking the nomadic tribes of the land into the sky and focing sky based communitys to find alternatives to coal, they invented windpower for one.

Races of Thiroxia
Working on it, but think fantasy races with a SteamPunk Twist, though some have different names so please ask still. AKA. More to come.
Click to reveal
Human
Human are innovators, their greed drives them to invent and discover. While not always as smart as the other races they will often take their inventions and turn them into something new, something worse and something better.
Average Age:65
Height: 5'10"
IQ: 100

Dwarf
Dwarves, their greed for gold drives them on, they seek to uncover all the riches of mother earth and hoard them for themselves. They are mechanical wizards, first to invent the gun and the brain boxes behind the airship they workout how to make it work and then make it.
Average Age: 105
Height: 4'5"
IQ: 130

Elf
Elves used to run the world, they are physically stronger then other races but they are few in number. They have average intellect but live longer allowing them to soak up more knowledge over their lives. Their love of tradition stops them from pushing on to take the world back for their love of bows and nature holds them back.
Average Age:975
Height: 6'4"
IQ: 120

Illundari
Illundaris are weak in strength and few in number, they make up for this with their superior intellect and affinity with magic. Their under water cities further separate them from the other races, with most routes to these cities requiring travel through dwavern holds. Their skin is dark blue and they appear similar to elves although they have webbed feet and hands.
Average Age:365
Height: 6'
IQ: 250

Orc
Orcs were the first to take to the skies as their nomadic nature fitted so well with the idea of airships, they often travel in mobile 'Tribes' of airships all tied together with rope-bridges leading between them. They are intellectually dumber then other races but mature quickly and are extremely strong.
Average Age:45
Height: 6'
IQ: 60

Map of Thiroxia.

(Click for a bigger view, Place names and prominent landmarks as well as borders to come)
Key:
That Black and White bar reprasents 10 Hours Traveling time (If that seems fair to everyone) Via Airship
Black bordered by white:The old Borders of Ventirica
White bordered by black:The old Borders of the Dwarvern Kingdom
Red bordered by Black: Los Furrum
Blue bordered by Red: Kingdom of the Fire Dragon
Yellow bordered by Red: Greater Oceania
Green bordered by Green: Eyllis
Too many borders, look at apps for the other ones, sorry, I just don't have time.
Please remember placed within Ventirica and the Dwavern Kingdom that are not claimed will either be filled with budding kingdoms or unowned bandit land, outside those very little is not occupied by some kingdom, no matter how small/weak they may be. Feel free to ask me to AI a nearby nations leaders if you want me to

Now. If you want to join this RP you are saying you have read, and agree to, the following rules.
[1] No godmodding!
[2] No story derailing/hijacking
[3] No upgrading unless you make sure it's okay from an acceptor or thread maker (and it isn't something like Derp finds a shining sword left on the ground picks it up and looks at it's inscription which in ancient tongue says Excalibur).
[4] No teleporting! Think of distance okay like if a kidnapping is happening in a forest and you’re in a city and you somehow manage to rush to their aid!
[5] You can make up your own race but please give a description of what they are like with a full set of information such as name of kingdom or Faction, or perhaps even guild if they swing that way.
[6] No Mary/Gary Sues! they really ruin things
[7] Keep conflict realistic, try not to attack everyone you meet.
[8] Make sure your romances do not go beyond what you might see in a PG-13 film.
[9] Acceptors ruling is final if your app is denied no complaining
[10] Try not to post one liners in roleplay.
[11] Do your best when it comes to your application.
[12] Feel free to make as many characters as you like, an application for each of course.
[13] To confirm that you've read the rules delete everything in brackets.

Application:
[code][size=110][b][u]Leader.[/u][/b][/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Appearance: [/b](Pictures are welcomed but detailed descriptions allowed)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Backstory:[/b](Unlike most my RP's I will accept as little as a paragraph)

[size=110][u][b]Nation.[/b][/u]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b](use my map if you can, otherwise describe its location. Feel free to add pictures of any major cities or locations if you wish)
[b]Government:[/b](Monarchy, Republic, etc.)
[b]Impression:[/b](How the nation is viewed by others)
[b]Foreign Policy:[/b](What are its long term aims)
[b]Formation:[/b]( was your nation formed, from its earliest known history to today.)
[b]Economy:[/b](How does it make most of its money, does it trade fish or raid its neighbors?)
[b]Military:[/b](How is its military divided up, is it mainly archers with some foot soldiers to keep the enemy off of them or does it rely on its airships?)
[/code]

Hmm... Thank you. If you have made it thus far have a happy lifemas and I hope to accept you guiz soon!

If you have been accepted head over to [url=www.planetminecraft.com/forums/rift-expectations-t404402.html]HERE[/url] to begin or, if you are waiting, read up on 'recent events'
Deth_Glitch
Level 35 : Artisan Turtle

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/26/2014 3:19 pm
Deth_Glitch
Accepted
07/25/2014 10:40 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Wizard
the gravity block
Alright got that cleared up and edited my App
07/25/2014 9:05 pm
Deth_Glitch
So your not a leader or you dont have a nation or what?
(Tribes, barbarians, landless armies count as 'nations' just edit the app where nessisary.)
You are the leader, but you describe the nation you lead, I hope that clear things up?
07/25/2014 4:21 pm
Deth_Glitch
You didn't do the nation part of the app?
07/25/2014 4:35 pm
the gravity block
Oh right lemme edit it
*Edit* Am I not a leader? I dont have a nation?
07/24/2014 10:40 pm
the gravity block
Leader.
Name: Vidrok Mogrin
Appearance: (Pictures are welcomed but detailed descriptions allowed)
pictures too big so ill put it here: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/ ... 5u4p4i.jpg
Race: Orc
Personality: Despite being an orc, Vidrok is wiser than most orcs. Even though he is old of age he is an extremely good leader and will sometimes even join in battle with his warriors
Backstory:(Unlike most my RP's I will accept as little as a paragraph) Vidrok grew up working in a orcish weapon shop on a flying city, modifying weapons to make them more powerful. One day his city was attacked by a dwarven clan and his shop was blown up with him in it. He woke up to his entire village destroyed and everyone in it killed. He made it out without his left leg and his left arm being impaired. He dragged himself to a nearby orcish village and built himself a wheelchair-like contraption with an arm mechanism to help his arm. After finishing his wheelchair he entered the military to work his way up to being a leader and get vengeance on that dwarven leader.

size=110]Nation.
Name: Uris (pronounced "Yuris")
Location:(use my map if you can, otherwise describe its location. Feel free to add pictures of any major cities or locations if you wish) (Light blue area)

Government:(Monarchy, Republic, etc.): Small clans in certain areas but it is all controlled by Vidrok
Impression:(How the nation is viewed by others) Fearsome but not aggressive to all but the dwarves(A lot of tension on the borders and dwarves are not liked by the nation). Also fairly wealthy according to other nations
Foreign Policy:(What are its long term aims) Its main goal is to be one of the strongest nations in all of Ventirica
Formation:( was your nation formed, from its earliest known history to today.) Uris started out as a small group of clans who found that when working together they were very powerfull. They joined forces and created a small form of government almost like a dictatorship. The clans set out to conquer more land and through doing so, gathered more allies. They then decided to form a nation of their own sending out settlers to important areas in their kingdom. The settlers established Malagum, a port-city for trading of goods, Eron, a military stronghold to be able to send troops anywhere at any time, and Acton, the main capital of Uris.
Economy:(How does it make most of its money, does it trade fish or raid its neighbors?) Uris makes most of its money on trading their weapons and some fishing.
Military:(How is its military divided up, is it mainly archers with some foot soldiers to keep the enemy off of them or does it rely on its airships?) Uris's military is known for its extremely strong warships and fearsome foot soldiers.
07/12/2014 6:18 pm
Deth_Glitch
No? Ok then.
07/09/2014 7:29 pm
Deth_Glitch
We need more partygoers...
06/18/2014 6:08 pm
Level 28 : Expert Skinner
cd_orange
Welcome to the party! =)
06/18/2014 12:50 pm
Deth_Glitch
1. Your accepted, but since the app it very breif and short I will be hoping to see good things in the RP
2. I would advise getting a separate PMC account, they are free so I can see why not
3. Welcome
06/16/2014 7:33 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
midnightsky
She told me that's her last application attempt. I can't convince her anymore, guys. You're the only deciders now.
~Macy
06/16/2014 5:49 pm
midnightsky
Last try of mine, if it's not accepted I'm moving on.
Leader.
Name:Wuki(pronounced "Wookee")i & Verix Havzyrn(pronounced "Havesirn")
Appearance: Wuki:
Click to reveal

Verix:
Click to reveal

Race:Kobolds
Personality:Wuki: Careful, he always plans ahead of time. He's generally friendly and caring.
Verix: She is extremely loyal and honest, she'll never lie or back-stab anyone, no matter how beneficial
Backstory:
Wuki: Wuki grew up in Tunnelworm, befriending several other Kobolds, two most notable are Kuchik Tallbane and Verix Sioul. Kuchik was exiled, which lead Wuki on his quest to find him again. Nobody quite know what happened when he was out, but he returned with his childhood friend, and shortly became the Chieftain of Tunnelworm. Verix and Wuki shortly became more than just friends, leading to her pregnancy. Wuki and Verix are expecting Verix to lay 3 eggs in about 2 weeks.
Verix: Verix was not like the other female Kobolds, she showed extreme proficiency, determination, and enjoyment at hunting and fighting. When Wuki returned, she got a little too happy to see him, leading to her pregnancy. Wuki and Verix are expecting Verix to lay 3 eggs in about 2 weeks.
[b]Name:[/b]Likji
[b]Location:[/b]The continent West of the Kingdom of the Fire Dragon
[b]Government:[/b]Republic
[b]Impression:[/b]Strange, industrialized, yet powerful republic.
[b]Foreign Policy:[/b]"We look not at the past, not the future, but the present. What we want in the present, what we need in the present. The future is a thing of the past."
[b]Formation:[/b]Likji was founded over a conflict a long time ago, known as one of the first kingdoms to be formed. It's history is long and complicated. In the modern days, times have changed, the once enslaving kingdom became a freedom making republic, all though the reasons why are classified heavily.
[b]Economy:[/b]Mining, Factories, and Agriculture are the main money making juices of the country.
[b]Military:[/b]See: Modern U.S. Military Ranks with Steampunk technology.
06/15/2014 9:45 pm
midnightsky
Surprised she has some support. Last time she applied they said no and told her to go..--insert very unsettling things here-- I'm not going to apply because I suck at and don't like RPing.
~Macy
06/15/2014 7:38 pm
cd_orange
I see much potential. Keep going!
06/15/2014 7:07 pm
midnightsky
midnightsky
Gah, I give up trying to apply.

Pjust apply as Kobolds. They're pretty cool![/quote]
She hasn't been accepted yet, technically. So she's given up.
~Macy[/quote]
Hey Macy please ask her to try again. I had to try atleast 5-7 times before finally getting into my first RP and look at me now I'm an adequate RP:er by now! She has got a lot of potential (probably more than I had) but she needs the experience that comes through these first few apps and posts. So please, if she's still interested and if you see this post, get her to try again and fix some of the parts that Deth complained about. If she does this I believe that she can be a capable RP:er.[/quote]
So many quotes!
New thing: If by the end it says: "~Macy," it's me. If it doesn't, it's Lily, the person who applied
06/15/2014 6:04 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
ClayDoc
midnightsky
Kirito Swordsman
midnightsky

Pjust apply as Kobolds. They're pretty cool!

~Macy

Hey Macy please ask her to try again. I had to try atleast 5-7 times before finally getting into my first RP and look at me now I'm an adequate RP:er by now! She has got a lot of potential (probably more than I had) but she needs the experience that comes through these first few apps and posts. So please, if she's still interested and if you see this post, get her to try again and fix some of the parts that Deth complained about. If she does this I believe that she can be a capable RP:er.
06/15/2014 5:33 pm
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
midnightsky
Kirito Swordsman
midnightsky

~Macy

You could just make a few tweaks to them. It's a really good idea to have kobolds run a civilized nation.
06/15/2014 5:29 pm
midnightsky
Kirito Swordsman
midnightsky
Deth_GlitchThe main Issue I have with the Dragon one is that the dragon part of it could be a bit Over Powered, which can be very had to control and keep balanced (If you can balance it, then i could work) but as a veteran I will say it can be incredibly hard to do so, I would advise keeping the kobold's but perhaps add some of the lore and stuff from the other app.

~Macy
06/15/2014 4:27 pm
The Silver Paladin
midnightsky
Deth_GlitchThe main Issue I have with the Dragon one is that the dragon part of it could be a bit Over Powered, which can be very had to control and keep balanced (If you can balance it, then i could work) but as a veteran I will say it can be incredibly hard to do so, I would advise keeping the kobold's but perhaps add some of the lore and stuff from the other app.

06/15/2014 3:59 pm
Deth_Glitch
Midnight, I really liked your original application.
06/15/2014 3:45 pm
midnightsky

06/15/2014 2:02 pm
Deth_Glitch
Its up to you.
06/15/2014 1:27 pm
The Silver Paladin
Anyway, I'm gonna RP now, Should I be in someone else's throne room paying respects, or in my own?
06/15/2014 1:25 pm
The Silver Paladin
The Airforce is mainly like the RAF in the Battle of Britain, mainly for defense. Meridia has a weak army, but a stronger airforce.
06/15/2014 1:19 pm
Deth_Glitch
Probably, I mean they are dragons.
06/15/2014 1:14 pm
The Silver Paladin
Would it be OP if I changed the Air force to Dragons with Airships as Bombers?
06/15/2014 12:46 pm
Deth_Glitch
The main Issue I have with the Dragon one is that the dragon part of it could be a bit Over Powered, which can be very had to control and keep balanced (If you can balance it, then i could work) but as a veteran I will say it can be incredibly hard to do so, I would advise keeping the kobold's but perhaps add some of the lore and stuff from the other app. Kirito, your now accepted.
06/14/2014 10:37 pm
The Silver Paladin
Backstory cont:Backstory: Born to a Paladin Father and the queen, he was raised in the holy Abbey his whole life. He showed great Smarts and strength. As he got older, he gained higher ranks due to his skill, until he got to the Rank of Legate. He was in his father's shadow for three years, until he was 18 When his Father was killed in The battle of Aragnay Bridge (Same battle where he gained the name "Ignes Miles" after getting lit on fire and surviving.) He took his father's armor, and took over his position as leader of the order. They were able to save Sermashis's Lady Cecelia from Meridian forces. The Princess fell in love with the Paladin while she was in Teseranian hands, and even after the war was over, she remained with him just to marry him. Currently, He is in search of a new land that he can be a holy light to...

Formation cont:Formation: A man named Tes, along with his group of Paladins founded Tesera and named it after their god. After Tes died, Other nations attacked Tesera, but the Paladin's always overtook them. Making an Empire that just grew and grew, until it grew to be a prospering nation. It was friendly with nearby mations.Then an evil king named Eramis took over and started kidnapping Royals from other nations, he held them for ransom, then killed them. Five years later, his son overthrew him In a Coup De état, The son stopped this practice, although Tesera still gets money from it today. About a century later, The king known as King Regulus came to power. He started the Paladin order as a ruling force, and abolished the old Senate. The land of Meridia kept growing stronger and Stronger, and showed an interest in Sermashis, a nearby nation known for Agriculture, women, and wine. When Meridia took over Sermashis, The king of Tesera, Claudius, was killed. The Paladin Order took over. The war raged for three more years, until Their leader was killed. His son took over. He is now in his 6th year of reign. They now search for more lands to help, or to join their empire.

Location: The Continent on the Very right edge of the map. That kind of looks like Africa. Along with Sermashis and Meridia to the south. It will be the Largest nation on that continent.
06/14/2014 10:35 pm
Deth_Glitch
I don't see why not?
06/14/2014 10:36 pm
midnightsky
Can you pick one of my too apps you like better?
Up to you
06/14/2014 7:10 pm
midnightsky
Deth_GlitchAlso Midnight, good app, could you be more specific on the location just so I can add you to the map easier and if you could explain a little bit more about how the nation came about, as that will help other nations RP with you much better since they will often have knowledge of how most kingdoms were formed, even if only a basic understanding.

I have another idea for Likji. It's a much more...sadistic version.
Leader.
Name:Zylinivi Skupio Zyroth
Appearance:
Click to reveal

Race:Dragon
Personality:Sadistic, Cold, and Brutal
Backstory:Not much is known about Zylinivi, except that he has an extreme hatred for Humans, Elves, and Dwarves, the three races that put an end to his family. It drove him insane, into the ruthless dictator he is today.
[b]Government:[/b]Think 1984's government.
[b]Impression:[/b]Powerful, a nation not to be messed with, bloodthirsty.
[b]Foreign Policy:[/b]"I don't know, probably world domination? New World Order? Probably that."
[b]Formation:[/b]Likji started out as a small kingdom, then slowly grew and grew into the Likjian Empire. They feared the Dragon race, most notably their current leader, who quickly took over the empire, putting himself on top, and now it is a Dictatorship without morale. Dragons are now the only race with many freedoms in the country.
[b]Economy:[/b]Slave Trading is the main money maker of the country, and mining helps along as well.
[b]Military:[/b]The military is consisted of elite soldiers and the occasional Dragon.
06/14/2014 5:37 pm
The Silver Paladin
Leader.
Name: Romulus "Ignes Miles" Aquilus AKA Romulus the black
Appearance: alright, my picture is my Profile pic, but with Black armor with a red cape, and a Red cross stretching all over.
Race: half- Elf (If available, otherwise, Human)
Personality: Brave, Smart, strong, but is flawed. He is ADHD, and he carries
Backstory: Born to a Paladin Father and the queen, he was raised in the holy Abbey his whole life. When his Father was killed in The battle of Aragnay Bridge (Same battle where he gained the name "Ignes Miles" after getting lit on fire and surviving.) He took his father's armor, and took over his position as leader of the order.

[b]Name:[/b] Tesera
[b]Location:[/b] can it be on that Africa looking Island to the far right? Alomg with its neighbors Sermashis and Meridia? But it's the largest nation?
[b]Government:[/b] Theocracy? Military Rule maybe? possibly an Empire?
[b]Impression:[/b] It is seen as a strong independent nation. Admired by Sermashis, Feared by Meridia, it is a fairly unknown nation, although it is fairly large.
[b]Foreign Policy:[/b] To protect those who need it, to destroy oppression, and to be the light of Humanity.
[b]Formation:[/b] A man named Tes, along with his group of Paladins founded Tesera and named it after their god. Tesera grew and grew, until it grew to be a prospering nation. Then an evil king named Eramis took over and started kidnapping Royals from other nations. When Meridia took over Sermashis, The king was killed. The Paladin Order took over. The war raged for three years, until Their leader was killed. His son took over. They now search for more lands to help, or to join their empire.
[b]Economy:[/b] it Raises dragons to sell as pets to Neighboring kingdoms, Forges armor, (Former, but still getting money from it.) Kidnapping royals and holding them for ransom.
[b]Military:[/b] it is mostly Roman ranks, and the centurions carry rifles, and wear a sort of HAZMAT suit thing. The army has swords and a flintlock for emergencies. It has Heavy artillery consisting of Ballista's, Catapults, and Cannons. Their armor is made of Dragonscales. They have Airships, but mainly for defense.

((Sorry, it's so short and horrible. It's ok if I'm not accepted))
06/14/2014 10:00 pm
Deth_Glitch
Good, but could you expand on backstory, formation and be more specific on locations.
06/14/2014 10:10 pm
The Silver Paladin
can I PM you that stuff?
06/14/2014 2:00 pm
Deth_Glitch
We do Kirito
Also Midnight, good app, could you be more specific on the location just so I can add you to the map easier and if you could explain a little bit more about how the nation came about, as that will help other nations RP with you much better since they will often have knowledge of how most kingdoms were formed, even if only a basic understanding.
06/14/2014 12:05 pm
The Silver Paladin
Do you guys still accept new people? I've been looking for a good fantasy RP.
06/13/2014 11:08 pm
midnightsky
Leader.
Name:Wuki(pronounced "Wookee")i & Verix Havzyrn(pronounced "Havesirn")
Appearance: Wuki:
Click to reveal

Verix:
Click to reveal

Race:Kobolds
Personality:Wuki: Careful, he always plans ahead of time. He's generally friendly and caring.
Verix: She is extremely loyal and honest, she'll never lie or back-stab anyone, no matter how beneficial
Backstory:
Wuki: Wuki grew up in Tunnelworm, befriending several other Kobolds, two most notable are Kuchik Tallbane and Verix Sioul. Kuchik was exiled, which lead Wuki on his quest to find him again. Nobody quite know what happened when he was out, but he returned with his childhood friend, and shortly became the Chieftain of Tunnelworm. Verix and Wuki shortly became more than just friends, leading to her pregnancy. Wuki and Verix are expecting Verix to lay 3 eggs in about 2 weeks.
Verix: Verix was not like the other female Kobolds, she showed extreme proficiency, determination, and enjoyment at hunting and fighting. When Wuki returned, she got a little too happy to see him, leading to her pregnancy. Wuki and Verix are expecting Verix to lay 3 eggs in about 2 weeks.
[b]Government:[/b]Republic
[b]Impression:[/b]Strange, industrialized, yet powerful republic.
[b]Foreign Policy:[/b]"We look not at the past, not the future, but the present. What we want in the present, what we need in the present. The future is a thing of the past."
[b]Formation:[/b]Likji was founded over a conflict a long time ago, and it's history past that is hidden deep within the country. All you need to know is it became a Republic in recent years.
[b]Economy:[/b]Mining, Factories, and Agriculture are the main money making juices of the country.
[b]Military:[/b]See: Modern U.S. Military Ranks with Steampunk technology.
06/11/2014 6:55 pm
cd_orange
No, fight for the territory. Oceania will have an easier time conquering two weakened nations. =P
06/11/2014 6:31 pm
Deth_Glitch
Ok, then accepted!
06/11/2014 6:15 pm
Skm2013
Open borders with all nations was what I was thinking. As long as you don't start attacking us, we'll gladly let you through.
Once you do, bad things might happen. But it won't come to that.
06/11/2014 5:17 pm
Deth_Glitch
Well once I know what SKM thinks of those options I can accept him!
06/11/2014 5:13 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect
Thebubbaman2800
Open borders perhaps? Or Eastern Trade Organization, like a NATO between us. Or we just waste valuable time with a war.
06/11/2014 5:06 pm
Deth_Glitch
It works but its small, I can see where it is though So I shall get to work adding both of you to the map. However You might need see about that border, I mean... if neither of you mind you COULD fight it out.. WAR style. I need bubba to tell me his thoughts.
06/11/2014 4:54 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect
Thebubbaman2800
Uhhhhhhhhhh. Los Furrum might have a problem with you owning the massive bay right next to it's major military and trade ports. But, you know. GM decides.
06/11/2014 4:50 pm
Skm2013
Leader.
Name:High Arbiter Quentin Lennias
Appearance: He has wispy, short brown hair that blows in the ocean wind. He usually wears a white formal shirt, a blue and gold vest, and a brown jacket. When he is not at official functions ( sometimes even when he is,) his shirt is untucked and his vest is open. He wears the silver glove of his father on his left hand. He often wears a pair of airship pilot's goggles around his neck, and will put them on occasionally, which looks rather silly on him. Beneath his hair are two pointed ears, like most elves.
Race: Like most people of the Bay, he is part Elf, part Human, with some other races in the background. Nobody really keeps track anymore.
Personality: Lennias is very laid-back, but friendly and cheerful. He dislikes meeting with leaders of other nations, but will do so if he feels it is needed. Beneath his detached, relaxed exterior lies an honorable, brave man who will do anything to protect his country.
Backstory: Quentin Lennias was born on the Five Isles, near the great fortress. He enjoyed watching airships fly by as a child, and as he grew his fascination did not diminish. When he was 16, he set sail for Stonefall, where he began working for an airship building company. After an accident which left him weak for a year, he began to read about politics. By the time he was released from the hospital, he had decided to become a politician. In six years, he won the High Arbiter election. He currently resides in the Arbiter's Home in center of the Drifting City. He is married to Allari Lennias, who he met while living in Stonefall.

Nation.
Name: Union of the Bay
Government: Democracy. Two representatives from each province are elected to the Senate, at the Drifting City. One High Arbiter, elected by people of every province is also present to settle any major disputes between Senators. However, the government does not often interfere with the lives of the common people.
Impression: A peaceful, relaxed nation is the general impression, which would not be that far from the truth. Yet this relaxation sometimes crosses into disinterest in the affairs of the "Walkers." Most of the land based nations tend to ignore it because of this.
Foreign Policy: As stated above, they don't like international politics and keep to themselves. However, the port city of Stonefall is a crossroads for many people, and has a bustling port for both airships and ships of the sea.
Formation: The Drifting City was created about 150 years ago, and grew with time. Eventually, it became too large, and a second city was founded 97 years ago. When the Kingdom of Ventirica fell, its island stronghold fell into ruin. When a small city drifted by, the citizens decided to live there. The city grew larger, until the Five Isles are now almost entirely urban.
When a group of rebels attacked the Five Isles, they called for the aid of the other people of the bay. With this assistance, they drove back the rebels. Afterwards, the cities decided to band together into the Union of the Bay. That was 42 years ago.
Economy: The Union operates shipping services across the world, for a price. They are also skilled builders, and create airships for other nations. Also of importance is the port city of Stonefall, where trade between nations brings wealth. Many floating cities offer opportunities for tourists.
Military: Each province is responsible for its own military. In times of need, they can come together and operate as one, under the command of the Fleet Admiral. The military has many ships, both air and sea. Due to a relatively small population, the number of soldiers is not high, but they are all experienced and strong. Due to their disinterest in foreign matters, the military's main purpose is to stop pirates and raiders from entering the Bay.
Notes: The Union of the Bay, due to its unusual location, has a relatively small population. In addition to the three cities already discussed, many smaller floating towns drift in the Bay. Along the coast are small towns that are part of the Union. Most floating towns are very small with about 1,400 residents. For comparison, the Drifting City has about 10,200 residents, the Five Isles have about 200,000, and Stonefall has about 220,000.

(Does the picture of the location work?)
06/11/2014 4:32 pm
Deth_Glitch
Welcome, accepted.
06/11/2014 4:13 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
ClayDoc
Leader.
Name: Nathaniel Seldor II
Appearance: Nathaniel is a pretty young king at only 26 years of age but he aims to be taken seriously and because of this he often wears a gold embroided suit, a tie and of course his crown as is mandatory for a king of Seldora.
Race: Human
Personality: Nathaniel always tries his best not to be looked on as childish in order to earn respect for his nation but from time to time his childish nature shines through. He can sometimes be quite narcissistic and believes himself to be among the greatest humanity has to offer, he tries not to show this however as he knows it isn't a widely accepted trait.
Backstory:
Click to reveal
The story of Nathaniel Seldor isn't the great heroic story one might expect. Nathaniel the Second was the first born child of Gorthus Seldor the Fourth, Gorthus in turn was the first born child of Nathaniel the First who was the founder and first king of the Kingdom of Seldora. Because of this lineage Nathaniel the Second was trained from birth to be the new king of Seldora after his father Gorthus. He undertook military studies and learnt how to handle himself in a diplomatic situation. He was however never meant to inherit his father's throne until the age of 30, so when his father suddenly died of some illness he must have gotten on one of his many expeditions to the islands surrounding Seldora, it left the 24 years old Nathaniel with the crown before he was deemed mature enough to carry it's weight. Nathaniel however surprised everybody by making a public speech where he gave control over infrastructual matters to a democratically chosen parlament on the condition that he and all kings and queens of Seldora after him will be granted a seat on it. The people accepted and from that day onwards the Kingdom of Seldora was a parlamentaristic monarchy.

Nation.
Name: The Kingdom of Seldora
Impression: It is viewed a militaristic state and is feared by it's neighbours, however some bigger nations also start to recognise the possible threat of Seldora and may act to either secure alliances or simply attack before they grow to strong.
Foreign Policy: The Kingdom of Seldora aims to reunite all crown loyalists under one banner so that the great empire that once were a dominating force in these lands can rise to power once more.
Formation: The Kingdom of Seldora was formed by Nathaniel Seldor the First of his name in the year 1246. The Seldor family were the vassals of the great Emperor before the collapse and therefore had the lands and the troops necessary to claim their own chunk of their beloved Emperor's old lands before the filthy rebels could do the same. Afterwards Nathaniel the First made his old castle Blue Rock Castle (Later renamed Blue Rock City) into the new nation's capital. The Seldorian military soon became a force to fear for it's neighbours as their elite troops the berserkers claimed town after town for the crown. They even captured some dwarven territory which provided them with the silvermines their treasury needed after the long wars.
Economy: The Kingdom of Seldora makes most of it's money from the old dwarven silvermines they captured. The parlament is however doing it's best to industrialize the nation more since the mines are getting close to drying out.
Military: The Seldorian army mainly consists of musket armed militia but they are often protected by the elite berserkers. These berserkers are given the heaviest weaponry and the heaviest armours. The berserkers are powerhouses and go through heavy training every day for atleast 2 years before being allowed to go into service, anybody that can't take it is given a musket and sent to the front. Because of the intensity of a berserker's training, only about 200 are trained every year. The ones that make it through are worth it though and the ones that don't are just better militia because of it. Besides their berserkers the Seldorians also have a high science budget aimed at developing new weapons. Two prototypes are the MK1 Ölkar Carbines, capable of shooting several bullets before reloading which are hoped to used at the frontlines at the end of autumn, and the MK1 Mjölnire Landships who even though they aren't fully tested yet show promise and can start being deployed at small scale in the near future. The Mjölnires are planned to be deployed at a much larger scale in about 2 or 3 years depending on the resources available.
06/10/2014 10:39 am
Skm2013
I'm working on an app right now. It will probably get posted this afternoon or evening.
06/10/2014 8:18 am
Deth_Glitch
Bump
06/07/2014 9:49 am
Deth_Glitch
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome