Self made lore for regular Minecraftborder_color

Hexen16's Avatar Hexen161/22/22 5:07 am history
1/22/2022 5:25 am
FishAnarchy's Avatar FishAnarchy
Taking basic mobs from Minecraft and trying to piece together a mythology so that it gives story behind the mobs some substance besides just being something that just wanders around, what have you come up with?

Me personally, as I've been building this little out for the way town in my world I've come up with,

"Witches at one time were more prominent. In the earliest of history they traveled abound openly practicing their mystic arts unchallenged. As their craft grew in popularity, which many believe branched off from village alchemists, things began to change. The witches began to grow arrogant and shall we say, wicked."

Witch shrines have been studied and speculation implies The Nether and The End were discovered by them first. Whether they did or did not, their obsession with both led them to become more aggressive. As their threat grew so did concern.

Villages were not the only ones who felt the impact of witches and their wicked way. The grey outlaws (illagers) known for their own crimes too were facing interference by them as well. Witches were getting in the way. The competition needed to be eliminated. The hunt was on.

Witches for a long time were hated by everyone. While no war or alliances were declared against them, no one wanted their kind around. Through the ages their criminal power diminished which led them to abandon what they had gained.

As a result it is hard to spot one these days. They live in secret and away from society. They'll rob travelers caught off guard or be the their in the night that robs your goods. They'll sell their services as hitmen for the right price to anyone. Even to those who once hunted them.

I have some other developing ideas but it is being created as I'm creating my town. So in the mean time, what have you got for your world?
Hexen16
Level 11 : Journeyman Farmer