Deadfrost Online (2D MMO) *UPDATED 1/9/17*

Colonellooo's Avatar Colonellooo7/27/14 1:50 am
1 emeralds 47.8k 665
4/5/2017 4:53 pm
AdamStormCloak's Avatar AdamStormCloak

- A F2P MMO by Reload Studios -

Hey everyone! I thought I would post this here because i'm trying to get some hype about my game before it's actual beta release (hopefully sometime this December). I plan on making a Kickstarter or Indiegogo to help fund this project too!

Latest Update - 1/9/17
Click to reveal
Hey everyone, back again with another update! In this update I've expanded the world even more. Now all I have to do is finish the royal city in the top right, the deadfrost zone in the middle, and re-do the mountain on the left.

After completing the world's exterior I'll begin working on some of the game's quests. Along with this I'll also make some interiors for houses and such. Dungeon interiors will come later when all the combat items are created and balanced.

Anyway, here's a screenshot!

That's it for now but expect some more updates very soon!
More on the official site!

Screenshots
Click to reveal
Lirithstane (Near full size map)

The Team
Click to reveal
Me: Mapping, Items, NPCs, story, etc.

Release Date/Where can I get it?
Click to reveal
Currently I am hoping to have a beta out by mid to late spring and a full game launch around early to mid summer. These are just estimates also, not official release times.

Forum signature
Everyone who supports this project please add this to your forum signature! This amazing logo was created by Aekor!
[url=http://deadfrostonline.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/M5lmuCG.png[/img][/url]
It looks like this:

Official website and forum!

This is the official website/forum for Deadfrost Online. Later on in it's development beta releases will be available for download here!
http://deadfrostonline.com/index.html
Colonellooo
Level 15 : Journeyman Wolf

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/05/2017 4:53 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Farmer
AdamStormCloak
Did the forums die?
01/14/2017 6:51 pm
Colonellooo
Bump!
01/11/2017 12:07 am
Colonellooo
Hey everyone, back again with another update! In this update I've expanded the world even more. Now all I have to do is finish the royal city in the top right, the deadfrost zone in the middle, and re-do the mountain on the left.

After completing the world's exterior I'll begin working on some of the game's quests. Along with this I'll also make some interiors for houses and such. Dungeon interiors will come later when all the combat items are created and balanced.

Anyway, here's a screenshot!

01/07/2017 8:01 pm
Colonellooo
Hey everyone, I'm back again with some more updates! I didn't have a whole bunch of time this week to get work done but I did what I could.

First off, I spent time making the Deadfrost zone looks less square-ish and I think it looks way better now. I also spent a bit of time filling in some more empty spaces on the map. I'd like to start on the Royal City soon but plan on getting some more textures commissioned before I do so.

Secondly, I had a few items commissioned last week and plan on commissioning more in the near future. Anyway in this picture the commissioned item are the player's hair, the boats, and the bench.

That's it for now but expect some more updates very soon!
01/07/2017 8:20 pm
Level 29 : Expert Blacksmith
striker107
Nice update, and I look forward to the next one.
01/08/2017 9:46 pm
Colonellooo
Thank you!
01/08/2017 9:50 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
What's gonna be in the next update? Also, check your pm's.
01/09/2017 8:53 pm
Colonellooo
Probably just more map expansion. I plan on starting on some quests in the next week or so though.
01/07/2017 3:52 pm
Colonellooo
The new update is up on the site! It'll be posted here later.
01/03/2017 8:23 am
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher
Azrath
Maybe you answered this somewhere in between those 55 pages of replies but what you use for making a game?
01/04/2017 1:21 am
Colonellooo
I used to use Eclipse Origins but recently switched over to an engine called Intersect.
01/02/2017 9:55 pm
Colonellooo
Bump!
01/01/2017 10:01 pm
Konrad
What are the new areas?
01/02/2017 3:45 am
Colonellooo
I've completed the town on the bottom left, Oceranear. More progress has been made adding forests to the game. Lastly the mountain in the top left is mostly done.
01/01/2017 9:57 pm
Colonellooo
Like the title of this post says I'd like to wish you all a Happy New Year!

Also here's a picture showing more progress has been made on the world map.

01/01/2017 6:51 pm
Colonellooo
Bump!
12/27/2016 10:07 pm
Konrad
Nice job sticking on this project for 2 years. I wouldn't be able to find the motivation to continue for 2 years.
12/27/2016 10:08 pm
Colonellooo
Thank you! Yeah it can be pretty difficult sometimes to find it. It's crazy to think it's already been that long.
12/27/2016 10:13 pm
Konrad
Almost 3 years.
12/27/2016 10:50 pm
Colonellooo
Yeah it's getting pretty close.
12/27/2016 10:04 pm
Colonellooo
Hey everyone, back again with another update.

First off, I've spent a lot of the past few days just expanding the size of the world. I'd say the exterior of the world I'd like to launch for Beta is roughly 30-40% finished. After I complete the exterior of the world I'll begin working on considering where to place training areas and skilling locations.

Secondly, I plan on commissioning an artist in the near future to make some more sprites for the world such as hair, clothes, waterfalls, etc.

Lastly, I'm hoping to finish about 70% of the exterior before the New Year begins but we'll see how that goes. Anyway here's a quick screenshot of the progress I've made so far.

12/25/2016 6:08 am
Level 1 : New Network
TabPixels_
I remember seeing this a couple years back, I'm glad you're still going!
12/25/2016 2:27 pm
Colonellooo
Thank you! I've taken a few breaks but never quit.
12/25/2016 2:55 am
Colonellooo
Bump!
12/24/2016 12:51 am
Colonellooo
Sorry for such a long time without updates but I'm feeling motivated once again to start posting!

First off, more things have been trasfered over to the new engine. A whole bunch of items and every sprite has been moved.

Secondly, the entire first town (Lirithstane) is complete exterior wise. I still need to add NPCs, insides of buildings, etc. Quests and skilling areas will come later. Quests still need to be added to the engine officially and once the code is open sourced I'll add a skilling system myself.

Lastly, there's not really too much else to say. Thanks for viewing and Merry Christmas!

09/25/2016 2:58 pm
Colonellooo
Bump!
09/18/2016 9:30 pm
Colonellooo
Made lots of progress so far today. Will be showing some screenshots next weekend!
09/18/2016 1:03 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Mage
dazalius
I'll be keeping my eye on this
09/18/2016 2:25 pm
Colonellooo
Glad to hear that!
09/18/2016 5:43 am
Level 29 : Expert Blacksmith
striker107
Great job on sticking to it for two years, and it's better late than never.
09/17/2016 11:03 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Cake
Jrcarp
Feels so weird to think that this was started 2 years ago, glad you stuck with it.
09/18/2016 12:24 pm
Colonellooo
Thank you! Yeah it does feel weird haha. Doesn't feel nearly that long.

striker107Great job on sticking to it for two years, and it's better late than never.

Thank you! Also I agree much better to have it later than to never have it at all.
09/17/2016 10:34 pm
Colonellooo
Hello everyone, I am finally able to happily announce that the new engine is finally in Alpha and will be used for Deadfrost! This is extremely exciting for me and motivates me to make sure this game gets launched! It's been over two years now since I announced Deadfrost and so far nobody has been able to play. This will all change as I can quickly rebuild the current world in the new engine and get caught up in a matter of days. Anyway I imagine you have some questions so I'll answer some in this thread and feel free to ask about anything I don't cover!

So what's the game plan now?
The current plan is to rebuild Deadfrost in the new engine. I don't have an estimated time frame on how long this will take though. Now in the past I tried to build the entire free to play world before launching a Deadfrost beta. Instead this time I will launch Deadfrost in Alpha form. This means the game will not have much content at the start but will gain more and more every day. You'll get to see the game grow and change while playing it.

Will there be any resets?
Hopefully, no. The only time I would ever reset the game is if there is some kind of bug that damages player data, a bug is abused that gives players advantages they shouldn't have or something similar occurs.

When Is It Launching?
It's too early to say. I'm really bad with release dates. If I was good with them then Deadfrost would have come out nearly a year and a half ago. For those who want a rough estimation, I'm hoping it can be launched before January 1,2017.

Will It Cost Anything?
The game will be entirely free through all of Alpha. When the game hits beta this is when members areas will become a thing. Members areas will most likely not be accessible in beta unless there is a serious demand for it. Membership will be fairly cheap (I'm hoping somewhere around $2-4 monthly) assuming there is a demand for the members content in beta.
08/08/2016 4:47 pm
Level 48 : Master Nerd
that2guy
What language is this programmed in? Sorry if someone asked before.
07/27/2016 5:26 pm
Colonellooo
Hi everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates really the entire summer. To be completely honest I was just kind of burned out. After working on a game for close to two years it can be difficult to continue on with it. Anyway I'm feeling motivated again and have started work on it yet again. So first here's a few updates to catch everyone up.

Soundtrack:
The game's soundtrack is currently going to be using royalty free music. I can assure you that you haven't heard most of it so don't worry about the game sounding similar to any other ones. I had considered doing an IndieGoGo to help raise funds for original music but seeing as how most of the community has left I see no point.

Graphics:
The graphics for the most part are nearly done. All it will really cost me now is probably about $100 to get 10 hair sprites, a female base sprite, 2 bosses, 5 monsters, and various other small things. I currently don't have the money for this but I'm waiting until closer to launch to get these done.

Quests:
The engine has a pretty basic quest system. This is the main reason I have yet to implement any quests. I'm currently looking in to using this system's more advanced features to achieve something I'm okay launching beta with. Later down the line I'd like to have a more advanced one implemented.

Maps:
The maps are for the most part nearly done. During the beta only the free to play section of the world will be available. The beta will probably last anywhere from 3 to 6 months while I fix things and work on implementing members content.

Programming:
Currently the game doesn't have any programmers. Not to worry though because I recently picked up a copy of Visual Basic 6 on eBay. Using this I can now implement my own code. I don't plan on learning VB6 past it's basics because I'll only really need it for transferring code from the old engine I used about a year ago as well as making simple edits to the game.

How close until launch?:
This is honestly something I'm not going to estimate. Every time I've been wrong. My first estimate was that a beta would be out a year and a half ago. Anyway I'm just going to show you the numbers. So far about 60% of the maps needed for a beta are done. Graphics and sprites about 70%, weapons and armor 100% (these still need to be tested and balanced), Quests 10%, Bosses 0%, Deadfrost zones 20%. As you can see it's getting close but there's still a decent amount of work to be done.

Anyway that's all for now but expect an update in the near future.
05/21/2016 6:50 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Mage
ssproad
Bump
05/19/2016 4:07 pm
Colonellooo
Bump!
05/18/2016 5:40 am
that2guy
What sort of quests / story will be in this?
Will you be able to combat other players?
Is there going to be a currency (like gold coins) so you can buy things?
If the above is true, can there be an auction house (like WoW)?
05/18/2016 3:58 pm
Colonellooo
For quests there will be a few different types of quests. First there's story based quests. These will focus mainly on the story and lore of the game. Second there's medium sized quests that will loosely be based on lore but something anyone can enjoy. Last there's short quests which are mainly just for a fun with a few smaller rewards, compared to larger quests, at the end.

Yes you will definitely be able to fight other players. You can fight either in a safe area and lose nothing but whatever you chose to bet on the fight or in a dangerous area where you lose anything in your inventory or on your character when you die.

Yes there will be a form of currency

As for an auction house there are plans for adding one in the future. As for alpha and beta the main way to buy and sell items will be either through shops or directly from other players. A section of the forums will be devoted to buying and selling items to help players who need to find something.
05/18/2016 5:48 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Mage
ssproad
2. pictures from colonel show traders/merchants so probably Yes.
05/17/2016 6:03 pm
Colonellooo
Bump!
05/15/2016 5:09 pm
Colonellooo
Hi everyone, I really put in a lot of work in this week hoping to get as much as possible done. Chances are there probably won't be an update next week seeing as how finals are approaching very quickly. Anyway, let's get right in to it! This update contains pretty much all map/world content.

The Forests
Currently the forests don't serve much of a purpose besides being pretty scenery to look at. Anyway later the forests will contain things such as quests and monsters to grind on before heading in to a Deadfrost zone. Quite a few of them will also have resources to obtain and various small villages. For most of alpha these small villages will be abandoned but based on community ideas and feedback they will be transformed in to lively mini towns full of short things to do!

The Battle Ampitheatre
This location is an excellent place to meet up players who wish to fight in a safe environment. You can choose between friendly or betting battles. In a friendly battle no items are lost when you die, only your pride. In a betting battle any gold you bet before the battle will be given to whoever wins!

Oceranaer
This is a town that is completely on the ocean. Currently it's main purpose it find low to mid level fishing spots as well as being a cool area to socialize and relax with other players. This later will also be further expanded to be up to twice it's size based on community feedback.

Deadfrost Entrances
The last picture displays an entrance to the first Deadfrost zone. This one is a little more chaotic than most will be but it clearly marks the entrance. The main way to know, no matter where you are, is the dead, snow covered trees as well as a small layer of snow.

Pictures!
Click to reveal

05/15/2016 2:22 pm
Konrad
What engine is the game using? Also, proxies should work because it hides your home ip address by giving you a different ip address until you turn off the proxy.
05/15/2016 2:40 pm
Colonellooo
A highly modified version of Eclipse Origins.
05/15/2016 3:07 pm
Konrad
Okay.
05/15/2016 4:12 am
Colonellooo
The newest update to Deadfrost Online has been posted to the forums! Check it out there or wait a few hours to see it here.
05/13/2016 1:42 am
that2guy
Please make this for Linux as well!

Also, can you run this with a proxy? I'd really like to play it!
05/14/2016 1:41 pm
Colonellooo
Sadly the software doesn't support linux but I'm hoping when we get to a full release we can move to a different engine that does. As for alpha and beta it'll sadly only be Windows only. Also you should be able to play it with a proxy. I haven't personally tried it but you shouldn't have any issues with it as far as I know.
05/15/2016 4:45 am
that2guy
So it should work with windows xp? I've got a couple old laptops lying around that I could use.
05/15/2016 2:15 pm
Colonellooo
It will most definitely work with XP. The game isn't very demanding either so old laptops should handle it just fine.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome