$500 Budget Gaming PC Build

ClarityUnleashed's Avatar ClarityUnleashed5/29/14 4:30 am
6/10/2014 3:45 pm
DrStrad's Avatar DrStrad
Hello,

Well, today I checked something and bought some things, and I now would like a new Gaming PC. I would like the PC to be sturdy, and built for gaming.

What is this computer going to be used for?
Gaming, I will be playing DayZ, Minecraft, TF2, Titanfall, most of the new games.

What is your budget?
$500 ONLY. I will only go $50 over budget. Also, I live in Australia, So AUSTRALIAN CURRENCY.

Where do you live? If in the US, do you have a nearby Microcenter?
Perth, Australia. No Microcenter.
What is included in the budget?
Os, Keyboard, Another Screen (I have one already, but would like another, just for doing stuff while I play games), and a Mouse

Will you be overclocking?
Maybe, but not very likely. VERY Unlikely.

Will you be reusing any parts?
No, The only parts I will re-use is the Keyboard, Mouse and Screen(s).

What OS do you want?
Windows 7/8/8.1, you choose. Preferably the cheapest but best performance, I like Windows 8/8.1, but 7 is fine.

Any specific case preferences?
I would like the colour scheme to be Green and Black.

Any other special features that you want in the build?
Large Hard-Drive and WiFi capabilities.
ClarityUnleashed
Level 5 : Apprentice Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

fitnessfun
06/10/2014 12:27 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
If you have a $500 dollar budget you can still get an amazing pc. I'd suggest getting a FX 8320. I found a great site that has the best builds for each price range http://www.toptengamer.com/build-gaming-pc/. It's very helpful.
DrStrad
06/10/2014 3:45 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
That is in USD, NOT AUS.
Seghas
05/30/2014 9:29 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Network
Do you really NEED a new monitor?
Killertoad
05/29/2014 4:08 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
monte carino
57r4d
monte carinoYou aren't willing to reuse parts from your current computer? Like the DVD drive and hard drive.. possibly even the case. Would you use linux? (it is free OS) There are also ways to re-use your OS if it is windows OEM..

I am sure there is a way to build a decent computer from $500

There are a lot of parts that don't effect performance very much that you should re-use..

With this budget.. you should definitely consider reusing parts.

I built my pc on a budget of $500 a year and a half ago and I am still playing most games on high settings.

Could you provide a list of things you already have? (on your current computer)

Are you talking about USD? Because in Australia prices are much higher, even more than due to inflation.

1 Aus currency = .93 USD and I updated my post.. I actually used around $370 USD..
Please tell me what parts/OS you currently have

A decent pc without reusing parts will not be possible. You will be reusing stuff

While that may be true, a GPU is 1/3rd to a half more than here in the US.
crazyeagle
05/29/2014 2:51 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Bunny
COOPERx223xSince I'm assuming you got this from /r/buildapcforme (since this is their exact format for submitting a request), what did they suggest?

It is very similar, but this is the format that we suggested here on pmc pmc-computer-building-general-information-thread-t387346.html
COOPERx223x
05/29/2014 2:22 pm
Level 40 : Master Mountaineer
Since I'm assuming you got this from /r/buildapcforme (since this is their exact format for submitting a request), what did they suggest?

I'm about to build my own PC pretty soon, and from what I've been looking at you might want to consider saving up to around $800 for anything really decent, especially if part of that budget is going towards peripherals like the M&KB and a new screen.
crazyeagle
05/29/2014 1:18 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Bunny
@Op You would be better off saving up more. Looking at your expectations, I think you would be disappointed in anything you can get for this price.

Can you not plan games on your "video editing PC" for some reason? It looks like it has pretty good specs.

You guys cant just look at the exchange rate. Australian prices are alot higher than in the US.
monte carino
05/29/2014 12:43 pm
Level 40 : Master Taco
57r4d
monte carinoYou aren't willing to reuse parts from your current computer? Like the DVD drive and hard drive.. possibly even the case. Would you use linux? (it is free OS) There are also ways to re-use your OS if it is windows OEM..

There are a lot of parts that don't effect performance very much that you should re-use..

I built my pc on a budget of $500 a year and a half ago and I am still playing most games on high settings.

Are you talking about USD? Because in Australia prices are much higher, even more than due to inflation.

1 Aus currency = .93 USD and I updated my post.. I actually used around $370 USD..
Please tell me what parts/OS you currently have

A decent pc without reusing parts will not be possible. You will be reusing stuff
Iamquiet
05/29/2014 12:38 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
My $300 asus comp. ran WoW, DayZ, Minecraft, Tomb Raider, Skyrim, Terraria, etc, on max settings. I'm not lyin'
DrStrad
05/29/2014 12:32 pm

monte carino
05/29/2014 12:18 pm
Level 40 : Master Taco
You aren't willing to reuse parts from your current computer? Like the DVD drive and hard drive.. possibly even the case. Would you use linux? (it is free OS) There are also ways to re-use your OS if it is windows OEM..

I built my pc on a budget of $370 a year and a half ago and I am still playing most games on high settings. It was so cheap because of black Friday/cyber Monday sales and I reused many parts. For example, I can play planetside 2 on medium settings with hundreds of players around me (:
If there are no players.. max settings @ 60fps (V-sync)

DrStrad
05/29/2014 11:19 am
It's going to be impossible to get proper performance out of $500 AUS. It would barely play games from 2 generations ago with low settings, nevermind a prebuilt.
xmx1024
05/29/2014 12:48 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
I built one for ~$500. Runs things great.
Radeon 7770
i3 2130
Gigabyte H61m-DS2
WD Blue 350gb
500GB Thermaltake powersupply (generic not sure)
Get whatever ram fits your budget and what you want to do.
Antec Three Hundred Two case
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome