Advantages to Building a custom computer?

COOOCOOO123's Avatar COOOCOOO1237/13/14 7:53 pm
1 emeralds 242 6
7/13/2014 8:11 pm
Killertoad's Avatar Killertoad
Hey guys, I have seen a lot of activity about people's own computer builds. What I want to know is:

1. Why would someone want to build their own computer? Is there advantages that a prebuilt mac or windows or something doesn't have?

2. What skills are needed to build your own? Can someone who doesn't 100% know what they are doing make their own?

3.Is it worth the time? How custom can you go? Can you get two completely different brands, and mesh them together to make a super epic computer combo?

Thanks guys!
COOOCOOO123
Level 8 : Apprentice Ranger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Navbarry
07/13/2014 8:06 pm
Level 42 : Master Blob
Guys just go here: pmc-computer-building-general-information-thread-t387346.html . If he actually wants answers he can just look there. Honestly, I think he is just trying to create a viral thread.
Killertoad
07/13/2014 8:11 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
This is true. He can just look there, but it's always nice to answer questions :b
Killertoad
07/13/2014 8:05 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Good points.

Building a computer is better than buying a pre-built for many reasons, it's fun, it's not that hard, and you get exactly what you want in your computer.

If you want a gaming computer, and only have 500 dollars? Well, you can't buy a good "gaming" computer for 500 dollars. But you can sure build a really good one for 500 dollars.
MomoMomiji
07/13/2014 8:00 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Architect
1: You get exactly the parts you want, instead of being forced to adjust or retrofit another model.

2. No skills are truly needed, but having a general understanding of what's going on and why you're doing things is much better than just following a guide.

3. Computer brands are usually made up of similar parts, not some magic components that are put together. For instance, all Macs and higher end computers have an Intel processor (usually); you would just be picking out specific parts from the market, not merging together computers.

Unless you truly want a specific computer to handle a specific task, I wouldn't bother with the upfront cost in money (high end components will cost possibly as much as a standalone computer), and a lack of a warranty if something goes wrong (Electro-Static Discharge for instance).
Afootpluto
07/13/2014 7:56 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Ninja
1. The advantage is it is cheaper and more powerful than pre-builts

2. It is very easy to build the PC and there is a lot of tutorials on youtube that can help u out.

3. Yes it is worth ur time. Yes u can mix brands. You can be as custom as u want.
Navbarry
07/13/2014 7:55 pm
Level 42 : Master Blob
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome