Best way to upgrade your laptop?

Lpswheat's Avatar Lpswheat1/1/15 3:55 pm
1 emeralds 211 2
1/1/2015 6:06 pm
Lpswheat's Avatar Lpswheat
Recently I removed a lot of dust from my old crappy laptop, and added some arctic silver thermal paste for a fun little project (as I already have a monster gaming PC ), it runs ten degrees Celsius cooler while playing games like minecraft, and runs around 15+FPS more (around 60FPS now). So what else can I do?
Lpswheat
Level 31 : Artisan Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/01/2015 4:44 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
MCatwar
you could always overclock your laptop now that the cooling is optimal for that system. but that is kinda dangerous especially for a a laptop. and most laptops dont usually come with the ability to overclock. you could also upgrade your RAM, and install an ssd. SSDs dont improve your frame rates for games, they just make loading a lot easier.
01/01/2015 6:06 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Modder
Lpswheat
I already got another GB of ram, even though I have 64 bit for windows, and obviously the processor, last time I checked I can only can have 4GB (the mobo on the laptop restricts it), an ssd wouldn't be a problem at all because i have 2 ssd's lying around the house, I could buy a better cpu for the socket as it is not soldered on the motherboard (I could get an i7-3612QM even, but what's the point in that )
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome