Custom Laptop Help

Matt9945's Avatar Matt99457/8/13 7:49 pm
1 emeralds 147 3
7/8/2013 9:24 pm
Matt9945's Avatar Matt9945
Hey, it's Matt! I am programming a custom built laptop I mostly play MineCraft and watch YouTube Videos on it. What would be the best specs to run YouTube videos and MineCraft? Or any video games in general :/

Thanks for your help
-Matt
Matt9945
Level 19 : Journeyman Narwhal

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/08/2013 8:01 pm
Level 47 : Master Lad
Doggle
I suggest looking for something higher end than just Minecraft. If you want to move to proper gaming, like playing a lot of diverse games (like CoD, Battlefield, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, etc.) then you can't with a machine that, at its best can run minecraft at 60fps. I suggest looking at something in the range of intel i5 and nvidia 600 cards. Never get intergrated graphics, it is not worth your time, nor your money.

If you want to get an amd computer then you'd wanna be looking at a3000 upwards for gpu you wanna be looking into a raedeon 7000 series as they are high quality. Not sure about many amd cards because I have been looking into Nvidia recently.

Also I highly suggest checking out a desktop if you don't plan on moving around. For less, or maybe a bit more, you can buy a machine or build your own (It doesn't really matter, but its cooler building it yourself) you will get a much more powerful machine and it will be a lot easier to upgrade if you want better cards and upgrades because you realise it is not powerful enough in a few years.

Also, make sure your cpu has overclocking abilities (For intel it would have a k at the end and amd would have oc I think) so if you ever need to rev up the power you can. Remember to look around before purchasing anything and take my advice, look up the parts to make sure they are quality and make sure it is designed for the future, so if you get into gaming, you don't have to go out and spend a few thousand on a new pc.
07/08/2013 9:24 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Narwhal
Matt9945
Thx, you helped a lot. You helped me wayyy more than the guy above you
07/08/2013 7:52 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Ranger
jkdouglas
What are you asking?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com