Good Gaming Headsets?

xPotatoFrys's Avatar xPotatoFrys2/11/15 8:43 pm
2/21/2015 5:57 am
Spawki's Avatar Spawki
Herro there! I'm starting my YouTube channel soon and I'm looking for some good headsets to use whilst recording, talking to friends, etc.

Anyways, I'm looking for one that's under 150 dollars. Please tell me if you find any lower price ones with good specs! Thank you, Viex (xPotatoFrys).
xPotatoFrys
Level 31 : Artisan Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Spawki
02/21/2015 5:57 am
Level 21 : Expert Taco
If you want a headset go for sennheiser...they're really good...however I highly suggest getting a pair of headphones and a mic...the quality is much better. (I did the wrong thing and got a headset...then later on I also got a mic...I like the quality of the sennheiser Game One though...but I could've saved money just getting a pair of headphones and a mic...don't make the same mistake)
xPotatoFrys
02/15/2015 12:25 pm
Bump
DrStrad
02/13/2015 12:03 am
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
If you must buy a headset, go for the HyperX Cloud. If you want to get the best sound, comfort, build quality, and experience for your money, go for a pair of headphones and a mic separately (HD 558 and Modmic).

All of these headsets marketed as "gaming" are just not as good. The best headphones for gaming are ones that have an open back which allows you to hear footsteps, small sounds, and detail like nothing else
TheGamerMo
02/12/2015 8:22 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
I use the Logitech G930!

Pretty good but charging them is a pain when you get the wire between the mouse and then you start jumping all over the place until you get it under your arm XD
xPotatoFrys
02/12/2015 8:30 pm
I'll check it out. (Also, I love your profile picture. The Leo Valdez by Viria is my favorite Leo! :3)
Lufuu
02/12/2015 8:15 pm
Level 21 : Expert Toast
i personally use Logitec G230's
I love them
Exoh
02/12/2015 8:02 pm
Level 27 : Expert Sweetheart
Maybe try Astrogaming? I use the A50's but I think they have some headsets under or around 150$
xPotatoFrys
02/12/2015 7:56 pm
Bump!

**Changed Title to only 'Good Gaming Headets'** Please now post gaming headsets that are good for gaming under $150 dollars please!
Technoman1130
02/12/2015 5:42 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Pokemon
Sorry for off-topic response
Technoman1130
02/12/2015 5:38 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Pokemon
I had a pretty good wireless set of headphones, (Forgot the company name) but it only laster for about a week. Want to know why? Because I stepped on it. >_<
GamerAuthority
02/12/2015 4:42 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Modder
57r4d
GamerAuthority
-Woody-"Good" "Wireless" and "Headset" are three words that will never go together, especially for under $100.

Wireless headphones always have a staticy sound in them, regardless of how good they are.

I'd have to disagree. I have the Astro A50's and they work flawlessly.

That's not the point, wireless always has inferior sound quality to something hundreds of dollars less, especially in gaming headsets. If you're trying to look for something wireless under $150, you might as well give up.

I know but he says wireless always have a staticy sound it them no matter how good they are. I do however agree that you are out of luck if you're looking for wireless headsets under $150.

ItIzLiamSince this is kind-of on topic, what is the difference between wired or wireless headsets anyway?

There's not that big of a difference. They both function the same and the sound quality for both don't have much of a difference either. Nowadays some wireless headsets are actually faster than wired headsets. And most wireless headsets come with a wire to connect/charge them making them both wired and wireless.
ItIzLiam
02/12/2015 3:46 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Artist
Since this is kind-of on topic, what is the difference between wired or wireless headsets anyway?
DrStrad
02/12/2015 4:45 pm
Wired use the DAC and amplifier from the device you plug them into. Wireless pairs have a base which transfers either the 1s and 0s to the headphones, where it is converted into analog by the DAC on the headphones and amplified by the amp on the headphones OR the base sends the analog signal to the amp on the headphones (I don't know which). In any case, the components on the wireless pair are almost always inferior to the devices you use with wired. In order to send that signal from the base to the headphones, the sound/music has to be compressed which lowers the quality considerably. Not to mention charging, batteries, and more chance for interference, I would never buy one.
DrStrad
02/12/2015 3:37 pm
GamerAuthority
-Woody-"Good" "Wireless" and "Headset" are three words that will never go together, especially for under $100.

Wireless headphones always have a staticy sound in them, regardless of how good they are.

That's not the point, wireless always has inferior sound quality to something hundreds of dollars less, especially in gaming headsets. If you're trying to look for something wireless under $150, you might as well give up.
GamerAuthority
02/12/2015 1:33 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Modder

fartcrafter
02/12/2015 2:10 am
Level 22 : Expert Cowboy
If you can spend a little over the buget you can get an awesome pair of head phones.
====> turtle beach earforce z300---$180
or for a little less and of coarse less quality go for the turtle beach earforce px22's $79
cat6376
02/12/2015 12:54 am
Level 20 : Expert Artist
turtle beach m3 or something like that that's what I use
fartcrafter
02/12/2015 2:11 am
Level 22 : Expert Cowboy
they don't have a mic thou
DrStrad
02/11/2015 10:40 pm
The reason I tell people not to buy wireless especially is because in order for the signal to be transferred to the headphones, it has to be compressed which ruins the music/voices/games sounds.

OP, you can go for a pair of HD 558s when the price drops down again, and a modmic.
McJackson3180
02/11/2015 10:35 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Ladybug
good wireless headset hahahaha, but in seriousness pretty much what woody told you.
xPotatoFrys
02/12/2015 7:58 am
Turtle Beach works absolutely fine...
DrStrad
02/12/2015 12:12 pm
Sure they work fine, but there are many better products and I would never buy turtle beach.
Woodilicious
02/11/2015 9:19 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
"Good" "Wireless" and "Headset" are three words that will never go together, especially for under $100.

You can, however, get a pretty good pair of headphones and a mic (both wired) for that budget.

If you can even find a wireless headset for under $100, it'll sound like a $2 pair of headphones from walmart. To get the best for your money, you'll want a wired pair of headphones and a dedicated mic, instead of them built together. When companies build them together and sell the for a "bargain", it's an excuse for the company to put a cheap mic with a decent pair of headphones (or vice versa), and market them at a much higher price than what they're worth.

I'm not an audiophile, so I can't recommend anything, but there's a lot of audiophiles here who can help you.
xPotatoFrys
02/11/2015 9:32 pm
My limit is actually 150, better change that.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome