Guid to building/buying the ultimate gaming/editing pc

Filip96's Avatar Filip961/2/15 6:13 pm
1/2/2015 8:40 pm
-Baron's Avatar -Baron
ok i hope someone sticky this cuse i want to clear all this out first off think about what you will be doing on this pc (minecraft, gaming, editing(Yes minecraft is not gaming as it uses other parts more then for example call of duty)) now think about your budget(hope you got atleast 300) and click the spoiler thats appropriate below
Minecraft Budget: below 500
Click to reveal
Minecraft uses CPU and Ram I recommend something around a 4 core 3.2+ ghz cpu, 8gb ram, and around a $150 graphics card, and a 120gb ssd

Minecraft Budget: above 500
Click to reveal
Minecraft uses CPU and Ram I recommend smoething around a 4-6 core 3.5+ ghz cpu, 12-16gb ram, and around a $200 gpu(my favorite: EVGA gtx750 ti FTW), and a 240gb ssd

Editing Budget: below 500
Click to reveal
Editing uses cores and gpu I recommend 6-8 core 3.2+ ghz cpu, 8-12gb ram, and around a $150 graphics card, also a 120gb ssd for a scratch pad

Editing Budget: above 500
Click to reveal
Editing uses cores and gpu i recommend 8-12 core 3.7+ ghz cpu, 16-32gb ram, and a $250 gpu aslo a 240gb ssd as a scratchpad

General Gaming Budget: below 500
Click to reveal
Gaming uses gpu i recommend a 4 core 3.2+ ghz cpu, 8gb ram, and a $200 gpu, also a 120 gb ssd

General Gaming Budget: above 500
Click to reveal
Gaming uses gpu i recommend a 4-6core 3.5+ ghz cpu, 12-16gb ram, and a $300 gpu, also a 240gb ssd

General PC
Click to reveal
I recommend a 2-4 core 3.2+ ghz cpu, 4-8gb ram, a $50 gpu, and a 64gb ssd boot drive

Basic setup
basicly the ssd is for the OS and programs(such as premier pro, photoshop, minecraft, and any programs that take a bit of time to load) and for minecraft worlds, dont forget to also get a normal harddrive these days i recommend a terabyte as its cheap unless you plan storing a TON of files(by that i mean about 4 million raw pictures) and if you prefer you can buy 2 gpus (for price combined to be recommended) you can sli/crossfire them but i dont recommend that, also make sure you prosseser and mother board have the same socket and the mother board has atleast 2 sata ports(unless you want a disc drive then 3) and atleast 1 pci express slot for the gpu, dont really recommend a disc drive because no one really uses them anymore but there only about 10-20 dollars so if you want you can have one and when buying ram try to get as many sticks as your mother board can handel as it speeds up the ram, also make sure your motherboard supports the amount of ram you put in (if you only use up to 16gb most motherboards should support that) and if your using more then 4gb ram make sure you get a 64 bit cpu and operating system, and if you want you can use a dedicated cpu cooler, and finally make sure your motherboard, drives, gpu, and cpu cooler all fit into your case!
Filip96
Level 30 : Artisan Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

-Baron
01/02/2015 8:40 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Guard
Randomness3333
01/02/2015 7:05 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Please leave and then come back once you educate your self. You recommendations are bad and information is incorrect. Here are some good places to learn.
pmc-computer-building-general-information-thread-t387346.html
http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/beginnersguide
http://www.tomshardware.com/
http://www.anandtech.com/
epicanthony76
01/02/2015 6:55 pm
Level 49 : Master Wizard
nonono.
First, you don't need 16gb of ram unless your playing Bf4 on one monitor, COD: AW on the other, and live streaming both while hosting a server with 10GB of ram for it. Other wise 8GB would be good.
Filip96
01/02/2015 7:08 pm
exactly thats why i said 8-16 because some people have money and some people multitask(big pointer to me)
SoulSlicer123
01/02/2015 7:10 pm
Level 1 : New Network
So you live stream BF4 Cod and host servers at the exact same time. Please delete this thread.

You can learn here
forgot about you
01/02/2015 6:57 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
More like playing bf4 and dayz at the same time while streaming and hosting a 7gb server and having 20 tabs open on Internet explorer
SoulSlicer123
01/02/2015 7:01 pm
More Like playing BF4 COD AW DayZ live streming all of them on seprate monitors, and also having 60 IE tabs open and live streaming each one with a 10gb ram server.
forgot about you
01/02/2015 7:04 pm
lol
SoulSlicer123
01/02/2015 6:51 pm
Just report and move on.
Creeper7111
01/02/2015 6:56 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
I don't think you can report someone e for not being educated in computers.
Creeper7111
01/02/2015 6:50 pm
filipkinjan
Creeper7111No, just no. All of your supposed "budget" builds would be way too expensive with an OS and all of the component's added together. And for Minecraft you wont even know 8 gigs, much less 16. That's way too overkill and is a waste of money. I could point out everything wrong with this, but I won't.

Also, you spelt the title wrote.

EDIT:
NamechangeYou don't need an SSD in any budget below $700-800.

Second of all... Minecraft uses one core, not 2 or 4...

And minecraft doesn't even use that much ram... 1gb is more than enough. And also, it uses a little more CPU power than GPU power, it depends on the situation.

The clock speed of a CPU isn't that important in gaming either. Nor do ALL games use more GPU power... Most use equal or more GPU power, or some games even use more CPU power.

You also don't need more than 8gb unless you are doing extreme editing or rendering. 8gb is more than enough for the average gamer.

Trust me, I'm only here to help you. I'll also throw this info in:

Say you have an AMD FX Cpu with 6-8 cores, and a pentium with 2 cores. In minecraft the pentium will do much better. Not to mention the chunk rendering matters mostly on the GPU and the hard drive, and little CPU.

Thanks, cya

thats why us awesome people use linux as an OS because its BETTER then windows and FREE

Gaming and editing on Windows is much, much, MUCH more practical because almost all software or games are made and optimized for Windows. And just because you use Linux does not make you better than everyone else who uses Windows.
SoulSlicer123
01/02/2015 6:50 pm

All your builds suck, My old pc used a pentium and a gtx 660 and I got 300fps with shaders and 256x256 resource pack.
Filip96
01/02/2015 6:46 pm
Creeper7111No, just no. All of your supposed "budget" builds would be way too expensive with an OS and all of the component's added together. And for Minecraft you wont even know 8 gigs, much less 16. That's way too overkill and is a waste of money. I could point out everything wrong with this, but I won't.

EDIT:

And minecraft doesn't even use that much ram... 1gb is more than enough. And also, it uses a little more CPU power than GPU power, it depends on the situation.

The clock speed of a CPU isn't that important in gaming either. Nor do ALL games use more GPU power... Most use equal or more GPU power, or some games even use more CPU power.

You also don't need more than 8gb unless you are doing extreme editing or rendering. 8gb is more than enough for the average gamer.

Say you have an AMD FX Cpu with 6-8 cores, and a pentium with 2 cores. In minecraft the pentium will do much better. Not to mention the chunk rendering matters mostly on the GPU and the hard drive, and little CPU.

Thanks, cya

thats why us awesome people use linux as an OS because its BETTER then windows and FREE
Creeper7111
01/02/2015 6:45 pm
No, just no. All of your supposed "budget" builds would be way too expensive with an OS and all of the component's added together. And for Minecraft you wont even know 8 gigs, much less 16. That's way too overkill and is a waste of money. I could point out everything wrong with this, but I won't.

EDIT:

Thanks, cya

Basically what I said, except elaborated more
forgot about you
01/02/2015 6:40 pm
You don't need an SSD in any budget below $700-800.

Thanks, cya
Filip96
01/02/2015 6:46 pm
minecraft uses up to 4 core just look it up will you! and it dosent use that much gpu unless you use shaders or a really high quiality texture pack (like 720x720)
forgot about you
01/02/2015 6:51 pm
It's 4 cores? Then how do people with 1 and 2 core processors play (pentiums and celeron)? And there are no 720x texture packs. And minecraft uses more GPU than you think. I've played with HD 4600 graphics and a GTX 970. There was about a 120 FPS difference playing vanilla minecraft.
Filip96
01/02/2015 6:32 pm
all done
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome