Processor questions

eviltictac's Avatar eviltictac4/28/13 4:49 pm
1 emeralds 284 5
5/1/2013 7:43 pm
belzabethiblish's Avatar belzabethiblish
Okay so I am starting to get some parts together to build a PC (My first) and I have heard mixed things about processors. The processor I am looking at buying is a Intel Core i7-3770 for $290, and I wanted to know if this would be a good processor for recording and rendering videos as well as playing games like Battlefield and other demanding games (Planetside 2, Bioshock: Infinite, ect) I also want to know if there are other options for processors that would perform well. I do not plan on buying a graphics card right away either so the processor would handle all of the graphical stuff.

Thanks.
eviltictac
Level 10 : Journeyman Archer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/01/2013 7:43 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Dragon
belzabethiblish
eviltictacOkay so I am starting to get some parts together to build a PC (My first) and I have heard mixed things about processors. The processor I am looking at buying is a Intel Core i7-3770 for $290, and I wanted to know if this would be a good processor for recording and rendering videos as well as playing games like Battlefield and other demanding games (Planetside 2, Bioshock: Infinite, ect) I also want to know if there are other options for processors that would perform well. I do not plan on buying a graphics card right away either so the processor would handle all of the graphical stuff.

Thanks.

Also the new processor generation is on its way this year so I would wait for that to happen since soon enough games will become more demanding after the new processors come out. Especially now that Microsoft may announce the new xbox on May 21st.
04/30/2013 2:04 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Chub1997
The i7 3770 is a great processor for gaming, recording and rendering videos via editing software. The only issue is that the integrated chip on that CPU will not play games like Battlefield 3 or Planetside 2 e.t.c. Although I can see that you want to buy the parts bit by bit so you can get the best components as you go, you will probably be disappointed when playing games without a GPU straight away.

If you really can't fork out the money now to buy a relatively good GPU then you may want to think about going for an i5 instead as you can then use the extra money for a pretty good graphics card. At the end of the day gaming will not take a great performance hit from going down from an i7 to an i5, however rendering video on the CPU will be slower.
04/29/2013 2:26 pm
Level 41 : Master Dragon
soliderproductions
I use that processor, it's worth the money. But the processor isn't a good overclock processor. It will of cource be enough to record those games, but it all depends on the GPU you want to buy. Amd or NVIDIA? If NVIDIA I would recommend these cards:
- GTX 660ti
-GTX 670 (depends on the budget)
Between GTX 650-680 series
For amd I would go for:
- 7970 series

I could help you set up a computer, but it had been nice for uss that want to help you to know how much money you want to use on the computer. If any spelling fails I'm sorry, but I'm writing on my phone.
04/28/2013 4:55 pm
Level 27 : Expert Modder
Puddleduck97
The CPU is good, but to record those games, you just won'y be able to do it on integrated graphics. I recommend the GTX 660ti if you are on a budget graphics wise.
04/28/2013 4:57 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Archer
eviltictac
Thanks a bunch, as I said I'm kind of new to the physical side of computers (Building them and whatnot) so all the help I can get is appreciated.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome