Should I Get An Nvidia Shield?

elfin8er's Avatar elfin8er10/19/14 4:59 pm
1 emeralds 194 6
10/19/2014 6:53 pm
elfin8er's Avatar elfin8er
I've been keeping a slight watch on the new Nvidia Shield tablet since it came out. Do you guys think it's worth getting? I don't have a Geforce graphics card, so is not being able to stream PC games a deal breaker? That's what I was looking most forward to. Also, I'm not sure if my internet would be good enough to stream to Twitch (I could always stream somewhere with public WiFi ). Are there many console games available for the shield? Is it something worth getting if I can't stream PC games, and may not be able to stream?
elfin8er
Level 17 : Journeyman Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Killertoad
10/19/2014 5:58 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Plus, other than streaming you can't play any games other than whats out on android right now. (That's what it runs off of)

And honestly I wouldn't trade for a new GPU unless you go for the newest ones. Not worth the hassle, nor the money to invest in an older GPU. (that is, unless you find an amazing deal, like 50 bucks for a 770.)
elfin8er
10/19/2014 6:53 pm
It seems like my best option is to just wait and see what the future holds. If we're lucky, we'll see console games start to come to the Android platform as more high-end gaming tablets are released.
elfin8er
10/19/2014 5:17 pm
Good points. Thanks for the input!
DrStrad
10/19/2014 5:01 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
IMO, it's more of a gimmick than anything else. The game streaming is nice, but it doesn't compare to the experience of just sitting in front of your computer. Since you won't really be using it for what the creators intended, I would spend my money on something else.
elfin8er
10/19/2014 5:04 pm
Yea. I wish now that I would have gone with a Geforce GPU rather than my AMD R9 270. I was also thinking that I could possibly trade my current GPU for a Geforce GPU (I've only had my GPU for about a month). Then I could also possible sell my iPad Mini, and have to pay only around 100 bucks for the new tablet. Thoughts?
DrStrad
10/19/2014 5:11 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
I wouldn't go through that much trouble. When will you be using a tablet for game streaming outside your house? I would always be sitting at my computer if I wanted to game, and if you take game streaming away from that tablet, the price goes down massively.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome