Something's Wrong

AfrodElephant's Avatar AfrodElephant5/21/13 9:48 am
1 emeralds 212 5
5/21/2013 1:25 pm
mommaCarole's Avatar mommaCarole
Something happened with my laptop, and I don't know what, so I thought I'd ask here.

When I start my laptop, it takes around 15 minutes to start. When it actually starts, the circle near the mouse (the circle that pops up when something's loading) comes up and it doesn't go away. I can't right-click on anything, that just makes everything non-responsive. If I out the mouse on the task bar (the bar at the bottom) the mouse turns into the circle that pops up when something isn't working properly.

I'm going to bring my laptop into Click if no one can help me. I just thought I'd ask here first.

My laptop's a Toshiba and has Windows Vista.

(I'm using Safe Mode and I hate it because I can't play any games)
AfrodElephant
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

mommaCarole
05/21/2013 1:25 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
hint for Toshibas that act this way: unplug your laptop, make sure it's off, flip it over and open the small case on the back that holds the RAM chips. Take them out (if there are two) and switch the slots they are in, making sure you reseat them firmly. If there's only one, switch the slot it is in. Try again.

9/10 times I've had to fix issues with a Toshiba, it's because the RAM has jiggled loose. The other 1 time it was an overheating issue.
Dlljs
05/21/2013 12:22 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Nerd
Take a picture!

Keep calm and carry on!

Dlljs.
GrizzlyAmish
05/21/2013 10:42 am
Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
How long have you had it?
If it's under Warranty (although if it had Vista for this long, I doubt it) then it'd be a money saver if you sent it back.
I recommend installing Malwarebytes/Spybot:S&D (or both) and running some scans.
However, since this is Vista that we're talking about, a patch could have messed something up (do they even patch Vista anymore?).

Last case resort, use the System Restore.

I wish I had my hands on it so I could mess with it.
AfrodElephant
05/21/2013 12:20 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Well, I got it for Christmas, but my birthday's coming up, so I'm going to try to save up for a desktop PC, like an Alienware or Razor.
Monkeyy
05/21/2013 10:01 am
Level 41 : Master Robot
My mom had the same comp and it fried like a year after getting it. I suggest thinking about getting a newer computer.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome