Spilt a very minimal amount of soda on my laptop?

Descripted's Avatar Descripted12/14/14 3:09 pm
1 emeralds 258 5
12/14/2014 3:47 pm
10Andrew's Avatar 10Andrew
Here's the sort of useless story : Me and my friend were sitting playing a game, I guess I made a joke that he thought was so funny he spit out his soda all over the keyboard. As I stated, it was a small amount because it was only little dots of soda since he spat it. It's been a little less than 24 hours and it still seems to be working. Being honest, I never felt the need to turn it off immediately and take out the battery. I did maybe two hours later. Here I am, typing this on the same computer though.
I know I should have kept it off for at least 48 hours but I got too impatient because I was a little scared. As said earlier though, it's working.

tl;dr, friend spat soda on my laptop after i made a joke

Should I be worried?
Descripted
Level 28 : Expert Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/14/2014 3:47 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
If the laptop is still working then everything should be fine

Just make sure to wipe the area that it was spilled on because soda (or fizzy drink if you live in the UK like me) gets very sticky and feels horrible
12/14/2014 3:39 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme
VeryMadCrafter
If nothing happened immediately, you shouldn`t worry.
12/14/2014 3:23 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
If your keyboard is still working, it should be fine. The only thing I'd be worried about is your keys getting sticky. That can be remedied by taking off your keys and gently cleaning underneath with some rubbing alcohol and q-tips and/or taking a damp cloth/household cleaning wipe to the tops of your keys.
12/14/2014 3:25 pm
Level 28 : Expert Network
Descripted
Thanks! Alot, I mean. He also got my other laptop cringe but it got only about two drops on it, but since that one is my personal i'm going to wait another day to turn it on since i'm so negative. thanks.
12/14/2014 3:17 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Artist
Qaphics
You shouldn't be worrying. The keyboard is still working so should be good Unlike my friend who spilt hot chocolate into his keyboard, and had to pour it out by tilting it xD Long story short, it no longer works
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome