What graphics card would you suggest to buy?

Plienas26's Avatar Plienas2612/30/12 5:39 pm
1 emeralds 346 4
1/3/2013 2:40 pm
Zemor's Avatar Zemor
Hello forumites! I bought a desktop PC back at 2009, and even now it can smoothly run games like crysis 2 or gta 4, but new games such as Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2 or Shogun 2 require some special restrictions to run smoothly. I can still simply get smooth gameplay by lowering my resolution or changing the aspect ratio to 4:3, but it won't last for a long time. One day, my computer will lag at lowest graphics. So, I am posting this here because I'm pretty sure there are some wise hardware pals who can help me with choosing the right graphics card.

GPU is the thing I'd like to upgrade in my PC, even if it's not the best one. the problem is, some people tend to say that you can't just attach an ULTRA high power GPU to a crappy PC, because the cooling won't handle it and the other parts too. I need help from people who might know what GPU is the best for this particular PC, and that it won't require to buy additional parts to keep it up, because I just want to upgrade my GPU, not the whole pc. So here's my specs:

Proccessor: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz E8400
Current graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 9600GT 1200 MB of video memory
Operating system: Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
RAM: 2 GB
Monitor: 22 inches (usually run in 1650x1050)

I would like a graphics card that would allow my PC to continue it's work and at least run crysis 3 and gta 5.

Plienas
Plienas26
Level 25 : Expert Dragonborn