Do YOU mine Bitcoin/DogeCoin/___Coin?

cakeface's Avatar cakeface9/8/14 1:27 pm
1 emeralds 1.2k 30
9/9/2014 5:58 pm
Randomness3333's Avatar Randomness3333
The title says it all.
Do you mine any virtual currency?

Personally, I mine DogeCoin and currently have around 4 of them!
cakeface
Level 38 : Artisan Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/09/2014 5:58 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Randomness3333
some1epic123
Randomness3333No since I don't have an ASIC for them. You'd probably be better off mining an alt coin if you want to make a decent amount.

Finally someone who has at least done some research before posting things as fact. Hopefully everyone can learn from and discuss this, but rather than saying things like "Mining is useless because laptops don't make a profit", post facts and help people with things that you've researched.

/post. I don't often post on this forum anymore, but as this is a subject that I know a lot about, I thought I'd contribute to the thread and help people out. Hopefully this can get back on topic and we can avoid people simply stating how mining is useless.

Yeah, I agree with you. I've been following cryptocurrencies on and off since around when Litecoin went huge. They I really began to pay attention to Dogecoin when it was around two or three weeks old. Sadly, I only had my old computer then so I couldn't really mine. I could easily have mined around 10+ hours a day if I had my current gpu, a 7870ghz, back then which would have gotten me quite a few DOGE.
09/09/2014 5:27 pm
Level 41 : Master Toast
Xyifer12
some1epic123
Xyifer12It's about illegally installing RATs or silent miners on people's computers
to either CPU or GPU mine over all of your "slaves", so you should take that to Google instead of PlanetMinecraft.

Cool, thanks for the info.
(doing anything that can result in jail time is idiotic if you value the limited time you have to be alive, no way im gonna do this)
09/09/2014 12:18 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Princess
SpongyBacon
I've been mining for about 3 months and I have around 3 Bitcoins, only made about $20 profit though, because the electricity bills are huge.
09/09/2014 12:03 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
some1epic123
SemaphorismI personally think they're a waste of computing power, plus it will ware out your computer faster.

Unless mining an ASIC resistant coin, you would not GPU mine, and even then it would be done with a separate rig built specifically for that purpose. Please don't call something pointless or a "waste of time" if you know nothing about it.

I know quite a bit about bit-coins, I still think the same thing.
09/09/2014 11:00 am
Level 23 : Expert Modder
some1epic123
Xyifer12You just commented that it is something i need to know, ha.
Seriously, please explain.

It's about illegally installing RATs or silent miners on people's computers
to either CPU or GPU mine over all of your "slaves", so you should take that to Google instead of PlanetMinecraft.

@OP Also, they are Cryptocurrencies, not "virtual currencies". Cryptos and altcoins
are based on a set of decentralized software, and are in no way related to Club Penguin cash.
09/09/2014 3:09 am
Xyifer12
Goku_LSSJ
Xyifer12
Goku_LSSJbot-net scheme

What do you mean?

nothing you don't need too know

You just commented that it is something i need to know, ha.
Seriously, please explain.
09/09/2014 12:09 am
Level 39 : Artisan Unicorn
coltonj96
How does one start with bitcoins?
09/09/2014 12:11 am
some1epic123
Either directly buy them or trade mined altcoins to invest. Unless you have millions of dollars to blow on a warehouse for SHA256 ASICs, mining Bitcoins directly is pointless.

@OP I didn't add this to my other post since you had not yet edited your title,
but as with Dogecoin, you really shouldn't be mining Bitcoins. Even lazy skids mining at multipools would make a better profit than that.

Dogecoins have never been really profitable compared to other coins (if you actually did your research/invested wisely), and now they have tanked even more.
After tanking in price, they had a block halving, which makes it even more worthless to mine. Not sure why altcoins still use POW and block halvings to give their pointless coins some sort of "value", lol.

SemaphorismI personally think they're a waste of computing power, plus it will ware out your computer faster.

Unless mining an ASIC resistant coin, you would not GPU mine, and even then it would be done with a separate rig built specifically for that purpose. Please don't call something pointless or a "waste of time" if you know nothing about it.

TeamCraft-RobbieSo technically, you could buy a 500 dollar laptop, pay someone to run this program on a McDonnell's WiFi, and keep it going until you make a profit?

You have to actually invest and do your research. Mining some "popular" coin like Bitcoin or Dogecoin with a laptop just because people who know nothing on the topic told you to is not going to yield any sort of ROI.

FoxyI swear someone needs to make NyanNickels to go along with the DogeCoin thing

There is already a useless coin for that.

SkiooBecause one bit coin is $521CAD...

You aren't going to solve any Bitcoin blocks without investing millions of bucks, so the value of one coin doesn't really matter when deciding whether or not to mine it.

DruxeI might get an awesome laptop in high school to mine bitcoin. Dogecoin, waste of time.

I'd love to see where you heard this. Again, do your research if you want a good investment.

Bitcoins aren't more profitable to mine simply because they are more valuable, but rather more difficult to mine and less profitable because of how many huge companies and users do mine them. With the Bitcoin difficulty where it is, you're much better off either buying them directly or investing in Scrypt ASICs and doing your research to find a good altcoin.

funny bunnyI will eventually

I can help you a lot with anything related to Crpytocurrencies, so feel free to drop me a PM whenever you'd like some help.

Randomness3333No since I don't have an ASIC for them. You'd probably be better off mining an alt coin if you want to make a decent amount.

Finally someone who has at least done some research before posting things as fact. Hopefully everyone can learn from and discuss this, but rather than saying things like "Mining is useless because laptops don't make a profit", post facts and help people with things that you've researched.

/post. I don't often post on this forum anymore, but as this is a subject that I know a lot about, I thought I'd contribute to the thread and help people out. Hopefully this can get back on topic and we can avoid people simply stating how mining is useless.
09/09/2014 12:06 am
some1epic123
No, Dogecoin was a simple joke and has since fallen. You aren't going to make any sort of profit from a coin like that, especially with your computer/GPU. Personally, I mine Scrypt Altcoins such as Omnicoin (the official cryptocurrency of HackForums). I use Scrypt ASICs that I have purchased and run a Raspberry Pi. Once I've received my Bitcoins, I usually invest those wisely for additional profit.

I consider myself a Cryptocurrency expert, as I have been investing in, researching, and mining the most innovative and profitable altcoins for a long while. I am also active in Cryptocurrency related communities and have much more Cryptocurrency knowledge than just mining, so if you need any advice, feel free to drop me a PM and I would be happy to help.

Inb4 some skid tells me that HackForums is some evil skidware website
that I shouldn't be supporting, when in reality, it has a very nice community and is barely based on hacking.
09/08/2014 11:57 pm
Level 20 : Expert Zombie
Goku_LSSJ
Xyifer12
Goku_LSSJbot-net scheme

What do you mean?

nothing you don't need too know
09/08/2014 10:41 pm
Xyifer12
Goku_LSSJbot-net scheme

What do you mean?
09/08/2014 10:38 pm
Level 20 : Expert Zombie
Goku_LSSJ
Honestly the only way to do this profitably more then getting an actual job (Which teens nowa days seem to be afraid of) is to do some illegal bot-net scheme please nobody do this its stupid and will get you 30 years
09/08/2014 10:34 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
I will eventually
09/08/2014 10:29 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Cake
Druxe
I might get an awesome laptop in high school to mine bitcoin. Dogecoin, waste of time.
09/08/2014 10:01 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
WTFshady
1 USD is about 10k Dogecoins.

Such amount. Wow.
09/08/2014 9:54 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
ChaosExpert
I mine dogecoin all the time. Just for the hell of it.
09/08/2014 9:52 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Skioo
Because one bit coin is $521CAD...
09/08/2014 4:02 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
I swear someone needs to make NyanNickels to go along with the DogeCoin thing
09/08/2014 3:11 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
TeamCraft-Robbie
So technically, you could buy a 500 dollar laptop, pay someone to run this program on a McDonnell's WiFi, and keep it going until you make a profit?
09/08/2014 4:00 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
DrStrad
You'd probably die before you made actual money.
09/08/2014 10:35 pm
funny bunny
Pfft death is for losers.
09/08/2014 4:10 pm
WTFshady
This. 1 USD is about 10k Dogecoins.
09/08/2014 4:17 pm
TeamCraft-Robbie
Lmao, whats the point than XD Why would anybody destroy a computer for that
09/08/2014 3:10 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
Circuit Craft
I have around 11,000 Dogecoin, 0.001 bitcoin.
09/08/2014 3:03 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
Nathat23
I don't mine for bitcoin, but I do online tasks for them
09/08/2014 3:00 pm
TeamCraft-Robbie
How does one go about 'mining' one of these currencies?
09/08/2014 3:04 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Princess
Faxwy
Look up BitCoin mining or whatever and get started. Basically 'mining' is the program makes your computer solve complex algorithms and you get rewarded when you get a result.
09/08/2014 2:55 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Randomness3333
No since I don't have an ASIC for them. You'd probably be better off mining an alt coin if you want to make a decent amount.
09/08/2014 1:29 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
I personally think they're a waste of computing power, plus it will ware out your computer faster.
09/08/2014 3:07 pm
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
Dabeasty
This, and the electric bills.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome