Book Writing [Cancelled]

LordTyranid's Avatar LordTyranid11/13/14 10:36 am
11/16/2014 12:45 am
MissWriter's Avatar MissWriter
Hello everyone, I am doing an update on this writing project. Firstly I have been given advice to write it myself as there are copy write issues surrounding the book if I incorporate other peoples work. I will still work on this book and I thank you for those who were going to help out but I will still work on the book. I will post a few pages of the book as a sort of teaser and also to get advice from other people. Thank you for the advice MissWriter and thank you to those people who were going to help me out.

Cheers

~LordTyranid
LordTyranid
Level 6 : Apprentice Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

LordTyranid
11/16/2014 12:43 am
Hello MissWriter, I appreciate your advice. I agree to what you wrote there and I thank you for telling me and I will work on this book myself to avoid copy write issues. To get feedback though, I will post only a short amount of the book like the first two pages as I want to improve this book. Again thank you for your advice and I will update the post about what I've decided.

Cheers

~LordTyranid
MissWriter
11/16/2014 12:45 am
Level 25 : Expert Scribe
Cheers to you, too! Good luck.
MissWriter
11/15/2014 11:03 pm
Level 25 : Expert Scribe
LordTyranidHello, I am currently writing a book and I have decided that I will two people who are interested; to create a character for the book (There will be two characters needed). If anyone wants to get involved and create a character, message me or write a comment saying so and things will go on from there.

~LordTyranid

Pardon, "I will two people" is a grammatical mistake. You will need two people ... to do what, sorry?
Help write it? Give ideas? Feedback?

I cannot remember who said it, but he was entirely correct when he said, "You need two people to write a book like you need three people to make a baby."

Issues of copyright claims come up whenever you invite others to contribute to your work. It's truly a dangerous thing to do. There are authors who battle copyright claims from people who STOLE the content from them and they lose, even though they created the content.

If you are just looking for character names or setting or minor details, Google is great for that. There's tons of baby name generators or writer prompts and so forth.

If you want to improve your work, then feel free to share it and ask for feedback that you may or may not have to listen to, but perhaps asking for strangers to help you write something might cause some problems. A lot of people have varied writing styles that don't work well together.

But I wish you the best, regardless. Novel writing is not easy.
Jedi
11/15/2014 10:56 pm
Level 29 : Expert Artist
I honestly think that's not a good way to write a book.

I write spontaneously, I start typing with very little in my head. It writes itself.
xPotatoFrys
11/15/2014 10:57 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Explorer
You have a good point, sir.
LordTyranid
11/15/2014 10:49 pm
If anyone wants to help out then you can choose to either work on the main characters best friend (Who is a guy) and an old merchant. The book is set in 2257 as the main character is 17 years old and was born in 2240. I will post something which can help create the character and if anyone wants any more information on something else then feel free to message me.

Character Chart
Character’s full name:
Reason or meaning of name:
Character’s nickname:
Reason for nickname:
Birth date:

Physical appearance
Weight:
Height:
Body build:
Shape of face:
Eye colour:
Glasses or contacts:
Skin tone:
Distinguishing marks:
Predominant features:
Hair colour:
Type of hair:
Hairstyle:
Voice:
Overall attractiveness:
Physical disabilities:
Usual fashion of dress:
Favourite outfit:
Jewellery or accessories:

Personality
Good personality traits:
Bad personality traits:
Mood character is most often in:
Sense of humour:
Character’s greatest joy in life:
Character’s greatest fear:
Why?
What single event would most throw this character’s life into complete turmoil?
Character is most at ease when:
Most ill at ease when:
Enraged when:
Depressed or sad when:
Priorities:
Life philosophy:
If granted one wish, it would be:
xPotatoFrys
11/15/2014 12:52 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Explorer
I'll help...Though, may I have the plot of the story and details to get started?
TheAnimeWhovian
11/15/2014 12:48 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Aw, you only need two people XP I can give you extra ideas if you ever get stuck though
LordTyranid
11/15/2014 12:44 pm
I'd love for you to help out Chriz_FKC, I will private message you through some information on planet minnecraft
LordTyranid
11/13/2014 10:56 am
Ok, I will pm you the details CreeperSoul23
Chriz_KFC
11/14/2014 7:51 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
can i halp? my skype is KFCChriz
CreeperSoul23
11/13/2014 10:54 am
Level 38 : Artisan Creeper
I can help.