CERN Broke Physics

IronToastBot's Avatar IronToastBot9/23/11 3:12 am
1 emeralds 412 9
9/23/2011 6:42 pm
Cipher_Punk's Avatar Cipher_Punk
In case you use the internet for the sole purpose of minecraft and other unmentionables, you might not have heard that CERN DESTROYED YOUR CONCEPT OF REALITY (unless you're like me, and predicted this in the shower yesterday).
I suggest we start work on that time machine to say hi to Albert Einstein.
Meanwhile, I will be in the lab, making fizzy pop and nitrogen cooled ice cream.
IronToastBot
Level 56 : Grandmaster Sailor

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/23/2011 6:42 pm
Level 80 : Elite Grump
Cipher_Punk
creeperCarole(I'm still waiting for my teleporter.)

They're working on it. In layman's terms, they're working on transferring data via the 4th dimension. Latest I heard was a reliable binary data transfer range of about 15 miles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_teleportation
09/23/2011 7:34 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
I'm more of the opinion that the universe has ALWAYS been here, and it expands and contracts sort of like a heartbeat. Just (to our limited lifespans) very, very slowly.

However, objects moving faster than the speed of light? pffft, we always new THAT was going to happen. All of us sci-fi geeks anyway.

(I'm still waiting for my teleporter.)
09/23/2011 6:35 pm
Level 41 : Master Blockhead
Mr. Blox
Well Miss Carole, assuming the Big Bang theory is true, then your absolutely right about your "heartbeat" idea. Because the logical end will then be a "Big Chrunch" where the entire universe retracts back into the singularity it once came from hence the heartbeat
09/23/2011 6:08 am
Mr. Blox
I do agree with you on the big bang theory brandman. It leaves to many questions unanswered and some of its explanations are simply too far out there...

But for all our combined knowledge, it is at the moment our best explanation on all there is in the universe. One of the big problems is, that there is nothing we can "see" or measure from the time prior to BB, rendering it impossible to say anything remotely true about it.

So for the time being BB is probably the way to go, but that shouldn't mean that we should just rule out any other explanations there is. Our free imagination and couriosity are our best tools in finding out more about all there is in our universe
09/23/2011 5:40 am
Level 32 : Artisan Narwhal
brandman
IronToastBotActually, there are a few scientists who believe that the universe is not surrounded by a vacuum, but something with mass. Perhaps other universes. I will try to find some information about this theory on the internet (you know, the land of truth and honesty).

Fairly interesting iron toast bot. I actually do think that there is a possibility that we are surrounded by something other than a vacuum. I have also heard of that universe theory, and I think its fairly solid idea. Whether it's true or not I'm not too sure. Though I don't believe in the big bang theory Mr Blox, just doesn't seem very logical to me.
09/23/2011 4:21 am
Mr. Blox
IronToastBot
Mr. BloxThe universe as a whole is expanding faster than light can travel in a complete vacuum. This is also on of the prime reasons for why we cannot see all of it. The light emmited from the furthest reaches of our univers will never be visible to us due to distance and the speed of witch the universe is expanding.

Actually, there are a few scientists who believe that the universe is not surrounded by a vacuum, but something with mass. Perhaps other universes. I will try to find some information about this theory on the internet (you know, the land of truth and honesty).

Well this is where it gets really philosofic and theoretical. If there is a "something" that surrounds the universe, then the question runs all the way back to BB (Big Bang) - What was there before that event? By far the most scientist I've spoken to and read about for that matter, agree that there was a big fat NOTHING. Time and space came to exist in the moment of BB.
But I've never really bought that explanation. It conflicts my way of thinking completely that everything should suddenly come to exist out of absolutely nothing.
So as far as I'm concerned, there had to be something meaning there has to be something beyond our know universe today. Be it other dimentions with other qualities or something else entirely.

But for now, I think it would serve us best to seek answers regarding Black Holes and anti matter. Black Holes because many belive that these actually came to exist before the first galaxies, making them among the first bodies to be created in our universe.
Also they probably hold some very interesting properties due to their massive gravitational tug.
Anti matter simply it most certainly makes up as much as 75% pct of our universe. Unwraveling its secrets is bound to give us some crucial answers regarding all of this.
09/23/2011 3:59 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Sailor
IronToastBot
Mr. BloxThe universe as a whole is expanding faster than light can travel in a complete vacuum. This is also on of the prime reasons for why we cannot see all of it. The light emmited from the furthest reaches of our univers will never be visible to us due to distance and the speed of witch the universe is expanding.

Actually, there are a few scientists who believe that the universe is not surrounded by a vacuum, but something with mass. Perhaps other universes. I will try to find some information about this theory on the internet (you know, the land of truth and honesty).
09/23/2011 3:39 am
Mr. Blox
Well that figures Physics and expecially the experiments conducted at CERN is something that really interests me!!
I know that this new discovery holds a BIG if, but in a way I belive that the speed of light was to be broken at some point.

The universe as a whole is expanding faster than light can travel in a complete vacuum. This is also on of the prime reasons for why we cannot see all of it. The light emmited from the furthest reaches of our univers will never be visible to us due to distance and the speed of witch the universe is expanding.

There are much more to said in this discussion, but my limited english makes it difficult to explain my thoughts on this subject in a proper mannor.

But thank you IronToastBot for sharing the news from CERN!
09/23/2011 3:24 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Ranger
Falkerneer
Thats...

nice.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome