Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim?

GraveRunner's Avatar GraveRunner9/25/13 9:54 pm
9/28/2013 8:38 pm
GraveRunner's Avatar GraveRunner
Well, I didn't really see the fun in the game before (Morrowind wasn't that fun) but I've heard people raving about it. Do you guys think it's worth getting Skyrim and the Dragonborn dlc or should I wait (Idk how long) to get Elder Scrolls VI?

Thanks,
~Grave
GraveRunner
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/26/2013 3:43 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Anxiety Opossum
funny, I just got legendary edition the other day. I am enjoying the game alot, and the dlc definitely makes the game more fun.
09/26/2013 3:29 pm
GraveRunner
Wow.... Tough decision....

Soy, you said the legendary edition has the games and all the dlcs? Only for $60?

Is this for the xbox though?
09/26/2013 3:44 pm
Anxiety Opossum
yes, it is
09/26/2013 6:41 pm
Anxiety Opossum
oh, and legendary edition also has mounted combat
09/28/2013 8:38 pm
GraveRunner
Mounted combat as in killing on horses and dragons? Sweet.
09/26/2013 11:22 pm
Level 47 : Master Lad
Doggle
Mounted combat was added into vanilla Skyrim in an update when it came out I believe.

Also I paid $45 for Legendary Edition, but it was on pc, I could understand maybe $55, but not $60, I guess Gamestop really does love its profits compared to other retailers.
09/26/2013 3:45 pm
GraveRunner
Thanks for all the help guys, I've decided that I'll get Skyrim Legendary Edition!
09/26/2013 3:27 pm
Level 22 : Expert Unicorn
brawley12
Dragonborn would be a #1 priority, new map and all. But if you want the new vampire and werewolf additions with some pretty frikin magical new weapons then Dawnguard is where you go.
09/26/2013 3:09 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
SoyMonkey
just get the legendary edition comes with the game and all dlc for $60
09/26/2013 3:06 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Scribe
Poshtoffee
Idk.
Iv'e only got HearthFire atm.
I think this is right though:
DragonBorn is probably overall more content allowing you to ride dragons etc.
Also adding a new bit of land to explore! Oooh exiting.
But it adds more spiders to the new land. aaaah scary!!
09/26/2013 3:00 pm
GraveRunner
Thank you guys for your input.
I can only get 1 dlc though, should it be Dawnguard or Dragonborn?
09/26/2013 2:50 am
Level 43 : Master Princess
Buttsauce
I run a heavily modded Skyrim (nearly 200 mods, derp) with Dawnguard and Hearthfire and it is definitely my favourite single-player game. Yep, I like it more than Minecraft-much more than Minecraft, in fact.
The game itself is pretty big, but once you finish all side quests and find yourself with nothing else to do you can easily enhance your experience with dozens upon dozens of various mods. In fact the modding community for Skyrim is so fantastic they produced at least two DLC-sized mods with full voice-acting. Countless overhauls that can completely change your gameplay are also available.

I give Skyrim a big, biased YES.
09/25/2013 10:26 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Engineer
socksmusicalcat
Trust me, Skyrim is a lot more "noob"-friendly. I played Morrowind, and thought it was neat, but I didn't get all into it. Then I got Oblivion, and thought it was pretty good, with a better interface and more streamlining, but it never really sucked me in, like some games do.

Then I got Skyrim.

It incorporates a lot of the good points of the other games, has NPCs that look really great (compared to Morrowind's 10-year-old graphics and Oblivion's somewhat odd-looking characters), removes some of the more questionable design choices, and is an all-around great game. The only thing it sacrifices is a little bit of customization, but when you're first trying to figure out the system, that's not necessarily a bad thing. If you play Skyrim and learn to like it like I did, you might just find that you have more of an appreciation for the others too.

Similar to what Doggle said, I do like having the PC versions, as the modding community is very good. Morrowind Overhaul really gives it a facelift (although it still is a little finicky compared to Skyrim and even Oblivion). If you get Skyrim on PC, get the SKSE (Skyrim Script Extender) and SkyUI, which makes the interfaces a lot more keyboard-friendly.
09/25/2013 10:24 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Taco
Strange_Chemicals
i definitely got my money's worth out of skyrim. it's really great the first time you play it. everything is fresh and exciting and the landscape is great to wander around.

but one thing i will say is that after the 2nd or 3rd time playing the game you definitely get a sense of repetitiveness in the game. all the dungeons and quests are similar and it gets boring after a while.

to counteract this, i highly suggest getting the game on pc. as doggle said, the modding community is great and the game looks 10x better with appropriate mods installed. hopefully your computer can handle it.

skyrim truly is a great game. not bethesda's best, but something definitely taking a look at.

plus, you can probably get a good deal on it because it was released a while ago.
09/25/2013 10:08 pm
Level 47 : Master Lad
Doggle
I highly recommend Bethesda's main series' of Fallout and The Elder Scrolls, if you love the freedom of exploration and doing quests how you want you should get both series' (Fallout: A Tactical RPG, Fallout: Tactics and Fallout:2 a turn based whereas Fallout 3 and New Vegas are more in the style on Skyrim, but in a post apocalyptic America with guns).

I highly suggest getting all the elder Scrolls games on pc because they have a great modding community in Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. You can mod almost anything into the game, my favourite mod so far is probably Moonpath to Elsweyr in which you travel with a khajiit caravan to Elsweyr and you are free to explore and complete many quests there (just like in Skyrim, but in the Province of Elsweyr).

If you didn't particularly like the game of Morrowind or Oblivion, it has changed very little, some things have been advanced whilst other things have become easier. For example armor used to be very complex in Morrowind, now there is very little armor customization in Skyrim. But the way of lockpicking, (and probably smithing, cooking, etc. I never really use it besides in Hearthfire) they are advanced. The graphics are decent, but if you have a power pc you can run some fantastic shaders and enhanced textures (I am personally using ENB shaders (the standard shaders), 2k world textures, improved flora, better textures (for armor, items, weapons and npcs)) which makes the game look absolutely gorgeous, and it doesn't need that much power, I can run all the at about 40-60fps on a 560ti which is relatively weak compared to other gaming cards.

I suggest watching some videos and such on Youtube to see if it is what you fancy, if it is, pick it up, if not, find some other games. It may be you don't like RPGs if that is the case, you like more linear games where you go from point A to point B and maybe visit point C along the way, if so you are like my friend, I hate those sorts of games and love RPGs, but each to his/her own. I suggest watching Youtube to see if you would enjoy it.

Tl;dr Buy it if you enjoyed it, not sure, look up on Youtube, get on pc (mods are amazing) and if you don't like it, see if it is the RPG genre you don't like.

Edit:

I don't suggest waiting if you want the game or like it, Elder Scrolls VI won't be released for another few years, probably 2/3 is my presumption because of The Elder Scrolls Online. I presume Fallout 4 will come out before it, so when that comes out, TESVI would be coming out not too long after that is my presumption, but no one knows, not even Gabe himself.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome