Forgotten gems of the old internet days

Cipher_Punk's Avatar Cipher_Punk3/13/13 11:06 pm
3/18/2013 12:34 am
DasDuriel's Avatar DasDuriel
So I've been on a retro kick recently, going back and finding a whole bunch of things that used to make me laugh until Mountain Dew came out of my nose back when I was 13. Being that I'm in my mid 20's now, that means these videos are older than some of you guys.

So, let's have a nostaliga moment for the old internet, when FLASH was king and "meme" was a word nobody had even made up yet. I know there are a few of you older guys around here. Let's make a thread to show these kids how great the internet really used to be.

Jerry Jackson, Salad Fingers, Gi Joe, Don Hertzfeldt... it's all still floating around somewhere. Find it, and put it here.

I'll start us off with this classic piece. Even now, it stands the test of time.

POTENTIAL SEIZURE WARNING - this movie contains very bright, repetitive, flashing colors at several points during it's approximately 30 minute runtime.

The Demented Cartoon Movie
Cipher_Punk
Retired Moderator
Level 80 : Elite Grump

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/18/2013 12:34 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Pegasus
DasDuriel
[yt]s8MDNFaGfT4[/yt]
03/18/2013 12:24 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
csarks
Cipher_Punk
GrizzlyAmishLets see.. the last fond memory I have about the internet would have to be Fredryk Phox. I couldn't get enough of his videos. This guy started posting on LiveJournal.
I'd consider him to be the first of the funny internet guys, even before YouTube came about.
*WARNING*
If you're going to search for any Fredryk Phox videos, then I'll through you the NSFW/H/WhereverYouAre (mainly due to language)

[yt]IO2KHeMGr9U[/yt]

GIVE ME THE CHILD!

XD BEST VIDEO EVER
03/17/2013 8:09 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Vault-boy
salad fingers.. holy crap i forgot about that, it always creeped the sh*t out of me
03/17/2013 4:03 pm
Cipher_Punk
GrizzlyAmishLets see.. the last fond memory I have about the internet would have to be Fredryk Phox. I couldn't get enough of his videos. This guy started posting on LiveJournal.
I'd consider him to be the first of the funny internet guys, even before YouTube came about.
*WARNING*
If you're going to search for any Fredryk Phox videos, then I'll through you the NSFW/H/WhereverYouAre (mainly due to language)

[yt]IO2KHeMGr9U[/yt]

GIVE ME THE CHILD!
03/16/2013 6:25 pm
Level 40 : Master Musician
Roslina
Another one- Dancing Stage! First time I saw the original was after I'd seen all of the recent-ish ones. I just went, "Woah, old."
I still see the Dancing Stages in arcades. Only ever seen the original once though.

Meh, getting off topic a bit.
03/16/2013 6:19 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Crafter
Night Visions
The evolution of dance or whatever it was, and when Smosh was singing songs. Oh and looking for Gameboy walkthroughs.
03/16/2013 6:14 pm
Level 40 : Master Musician
Roslina
I'm only 14 but I still remember doing stuff you've all mentioned.
I have only 1 memory of playing Super Mario Kart for the SNES, but I remember playing the classic N64 games like Zelda OoT & Super Mario 64.
Also, at primary school, I remember going on Miniclip all the time for just one game. Can't remember what it was called but you had to use the mouse to draw a path of snow for Santa to sledge on, collect all the presents and make it to the end.

Good times.
03/16/2013 6:06 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
-Rusty
I almost shat when I saw "End of Ze World!"

That was actually really funny.

Even though I'm only 14.
03/16/2013 5:49 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer
Zemor
Cipher_Punk
JerodMacDonald
[yt]AgRoM4kf8gI[/yt]

Ahahaha you reminded me of this gem.

[yt]nda_OSWeyn8[/yt]

WHERE DA GOLD AT? I WANT DO GOLD!

Ahahaha, that actually happened not too far from where I live.
03/16/2013 5:43 pm
Cipher_Punk
JerodMacDonald
[yt]AgRoM4kf8gI[/yt]

Ahahaha you reminded me of this gem.

[yt]nda_OSWeyn8[/yt]

WHERE DA GOLD AT? I WANT DO GOLD!
03/14/2013 10:17 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
my first HDD... cost me $800. It was 30Mb.

"Nobody will ever need more than 512k of RAM!"

DOS 2.0

FIDOnet

BBSes. I ran several.

Typing faster than my modem could transmit. The BEEP of my RAM buffers telling me to stop typing.
03/14/2013 1:19 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Miner
Phrozenbit
Hehe, I actually remember Bill Gates saying that ( thought it was 640K though). I had this 8086 for a short while, it had a 5 1/4 inch system floppy, MS-DOS 2.0, came with GWbasic.

*bows*
03/14/2013 10:09 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Miner
Phrozenbit
Old computer stuff:

33k6 dailup modems, 486 DX2 computers with 16 MB RAM, 512 MB harddrive. CRT screens. 10 Mbit 50 ohms coaxial ring network cables which needed to be terminated. The BBS, MS-DOS 6.22, windows 3.11 for workgroups, Qbasic ;P

Old games:

Commander keen, Lemmings, Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D.

Not exactly old flash cartoons, so sorry cipher But I think the above mentioned are some old forgotten internet gems ?
03/14/2013 10:09 am
Level 29 : Expert Scribe
_DioM_
I remember the shriek of our dial-up Internet, when I was about three.

Father forbade me from watching a three minute Lego video, as it'd take all night to load up properly.
03/14/2013 9:57 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Network
NathanLithia
That dialup tone when i was 5 years old
Waking up the parents at night Every time xD

Then when i was like 13 i read something about Turning the Routers Debug sounds off so it wouldn't make the noise
03/14/2013 9:35 am
Level 27 : Expert Architect
JerodMacDonald
Xiao Xiao 3
http://www.killfrog.com/animations-of/34-animations/90-little-susie-experiments-1.html

[yt]AgRoM4kf8gI[/yt]

[yt]s8MDNFaGfT4[/yt]

[yt]olddb8_9ONc[/yt]

Those are all the ones I could think of right now
03/14/2013 8:29 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Modder
duke_Frans
Duke Nukem 3D
Doom 1
My two first games, which I played with my dad when I was 3
I'm not that old :p
Still love dem series of those franchises
03/14/2013 8:00 am
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer
Zemor
GrizzlyAmish
RevolutionalRedStone
Ultimate show down
End Of Ze World !

Unfortunately, my past self was more entertained by flash games more so than flash videos. : /

Describes me as well. Oh well.
03/14/2013 2:27 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
Tunnelsnake101
I remember playing Zelda OOT for the 64. I am so glad that i still have my 64 . Even though I don't play on it, its just the sentimental value of it. When I think back to those days it almost makes me cry.

But again I'm only 15, so I'm not in the generation of the "old internet".
03/14/2013 1:30 am
Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
GrizzlyAmish
RevolutionalRedStone
Ultimate show down
End Of Ze World !

These are the flashes that I remember. End Of Ze World was pure genius.

Unfortunately, my past self was more entertained by flash games more so than flash videos. : /

Scratch that, there was this flash series on newgrounds:
Tomorrow's Nobodies
(Can't remember.. I guess look out for language.. I had violence down first.. I shouldn't be on the computer late..)
((Rewatching it now... I'm trying to get to the middle school mindset to find it funny)
03/14/2013 1:05 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Pirate
RevolutionalRedStone
oooh you want classic flashes ?

Howabout these... ( warning; links contain violence, swearing, racism and other laughable human short comings )

Ultimate show down
BurntFaceMan
End Of Ze World !
or Asian Pride.
03/14/2013 12:16 am
Cipher_Punk
I was really hoping some of you would have some oldschool flash cartoons to nostalgia out on. I have more than a few laying around, but there are some that I just vaguely remember and wish I could recall the names of. I think some are just lost forever, though.

Jerry Jackson cartoons is one of those instant-classics. I could get lost for hours on this website. All of these comics are sheer genius.

Jerry Jackson Cartoons
03/13/2013 11:53 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist
SparkleCreeperz
not much internet but N64 Banjo Kazooie/tooie! and Dk 64 mario party (first) diddy kong racing,probably more XD
03/13/2013 11:44 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Pirate
RevolutionalRedStone
Actually Richard Dawkins coined the term meme in 1976 as 'a unit of cultural inheritance'.

The TCP internet we are familiar with was not developed by the national science foundation until 1982.
03/13/2013 11:39 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
GrizzlyAmish
I miss Myspace more than some people should.
And the really old versions, not the new editions where it turned to crap. I found the games to be fun, and it was really cool with how you could play with the HTML to change your profile the way you wanted it to.

To go back slightly further, probably around 2003, 2004, somewhere, Numa Numa popped up. Holy crap, that was a fun dance to learn. Acted that out a little bit in middle school too.

Speaking of middle school, Miniclip was ALWAYS the place to play some awesome flash games. Oh SNAP, like this one!!
http://www.miniclip.com/games/radical-aces/en/

Lets see.. the last fond memory I have about the internet would have to be Fredryk Phox. I couldn't get enough of his videos. This guy started posting on LiveJournal.
*WARNING*
03/16/2013 5:59 pm
Level 25 : Expert Engineer
jonathanb987
I remember Miniclip when I was little. Everyone was doing it!
03/13/2013 11:34 pm
Level 28 : Expert Nerd
Death_Butter
I adore the old time I really wish I was alive then because rit now I do all those things now
Also powderpuff girls dexters laboratory Ed edd and eddy
03/13/2013 11:28 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash
Myspace. And the SNES.

And the old dial up tone. Can't forget the old dial up tone.
03/13/2013 11:31 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
Quaellen_Wins
Ohh yesssss..... Good god that brings back memories lol
03/13/2013 11:15 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
CreepyKilla
LOOK AT ME!
03/13/2013 11:12 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
Tunnelsnake101
I love G.I. Joe. I had the action figures, the VCR tapes!! Oh good times.
But I can't say I was in that generation being that i am 15.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome