Good MMO RPGs with action combat?

Azrath's Avatar Azrath5/24/16 6:08 am
1 emeralds 1.1k 27
6/10/2016 11:29 am
Azrath's Avatar Azrath
Post your MMO RPGs you know that have action combat, have an EU publisher/server and are not p2w.

Note that I played TERA Rising for 2 years now and got bored of it, tried Blade&Soul too but could not be interested to play it more than a week which I forced my self to.
Azrath
Level 25 : Expert Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Carcharodontosaurus
06/10/2016 6:04 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Fish
I'd say, if you're looking for action combat, where it takes tactical decisions and stuff, it's gotta be Elder Scrolls Online. It has grown into being one of the best MMO's atm to be honest. I played it in BETA, where it had a lot of flaws and bugs. Critics gave it a low/medium score. But as 1 year went by, everything changed. Fx. you no longer have to pay monthly, all the bugs are fixed, there's tons of content and a lot of challenges. It actually got the "Best MMO" award in 2015.

If you're looking for a good tactical MMO, I'd say Elder Scrolls Online is the best choice, ESPECIALLY now that it won't cost you monthly (Unless you choose to).
Auradyme
06/10/2016 5:54 am
Level 29 : Expert Birb
brostermedia
Azrath
AuradymeI played TERA for a week or so, got 1 max level character and now I'm just crafting, good game. (I know you've said you've played it, I just wanted to say something)

Ninja class seems interesting, for some time thou to get me back again but I think I found what I am moving on to I like the game play of Paladins even thou I am not huge fan of MOBAs.

Ah, I played as a High Elf Warrior, there are so many Elin's.
Auradyme
06/10/2016 12:55 am
Level 29 : Expert Birb
I played TERA for a week or so, got 1 mac level character and now I'm just crafting, good game. (I know you've said you've played it, I just wanted to say something)
Azrath
06/10/2016 5:07 am
Ninja class seems interesting, for some time thou to get me back again but I think I found what I am moving on to I like the game play of Paladins even thou I am not huge fan of MOBAs.

Would play Overwatch but oh well as some say, Paladins is poor mans version of Overwatch.
brostermedia
06/10/2016 5:38 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
if you want to play a game like Overwatch i would suggest playing TF2. it takes some time to learn it but it can be lots of fun once you get the hang of it
Azrath
06/10/2016 11:29 am
Been playing it for few years too but got bored. After few years it gets repetitive.

Auradyme
Ah, I played as a High Elf Warrior, there are so many Elin's.

But... but Elins are cute!
brostermedia
06/03/2016 4:53 am
Aion online is pretty good but i dunno if it's p2w
b7e
06/03/2016 1:26 am
Level 23 : Expert System
Tera is honestly one you may want to check out. TERA in general is gorgeous. The environment is extremely detailed and comes with a story behind each area. Stand on top of a mountain and see half of the continent in the distance. Character models are great, but half of them will be covered by some crazy cash shop costume. Each area has a pretty distinct theme and feel that makes them memorable.
End game is basically a gear grind. There are about 4-5 dungeons that drop gear, materials, and designs. Once you have the gear, you run them solely for materials to make the best gear in the game. I've reached a point where I have the gear to run everything and have no interest on getting the top tier equipment. I log in, do some dailies, idle in town, log out. There isn't much to do. PvP endgame is similar, except you are running the same BGs over and over to acquire currency to craft the best PvP gear. Lots of players I have talked to just get to that top tier equipment and then stop playing until another patch adds more end game content. There really isn't much to do after you hit a certain point.

\Despite this, Tera is a pretty rewarding game. It's casual and hardcore player-friendly so yeah.. Choose whatever.
Azrath
06/03/2016 4:21 am
If you would read my post you would have known I been playing TERA for 2 years and got bored of it so that is why I am looking for new one.
b7e
06/10/2016 12:28 am
Level 23 : Expert System
Oh poo. My bad. It seems I am blind.
Azrath
05/31/2016 1:02 pm
Well even thou it is not an MMORPG I got a beta access to a Paladins so I might give it a shot to a whole new genre of games who knows maybe i'll like them?!
runelynx
05/30/2016 5:08 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Architect
black desert online
Azie
05/25/2016 3:13 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Black Desert Online has amazing combat for an MMO. One thing I've found that really hinders action combat in MMOs is that everything on the market doesn't focus on dodging or blocking, but rather resistances and self-sustain either through potions or spells. Black Desert Online's combat is heavily blocks/dodge reliant and both of those things work really, really well in this game.

As far as being Pay to Win, a lot of people would argue that certain aspects of the cash shop are Pay to Win, but the game is perfectly playable and being a contender in end-game content is completely viable without spending hundreds of dollars on extra items. The developer and the publisher of BDO have also been pretty great at listening to the NA/EU community and have changed the game a lot of those regions. I'm told the Korean version was VERY Pay to Win, where there's only one item that exists in BDO that gives any significant advantage over other players and a skilled player will overcome it quite quickly.
Caporal Dxl
05/25/2016 11:54 am
Level 37 : Artisan Ranger
Uhm, Heroes of the Storm perhaps?! Idk, I generally don't play those games, this is one of the few. There's also a fun game called Paladins but it's in Beta. If you're lucky (like me ) you could get a Beta account. It's a combination of MOBA and FPS, so I hope you would like that.
Azrath
05/25/2016 3:02 pm
I hate MOBAs and FPSs even more. I am looking for MMO RPG, something with story and not limited to arena.
Comfy_Dragon
05/25/2016 2:43 am
Level 21 : Expert Dragon
Dont worry abotu Elder Scolls online!
you just pay the game once and its yours!
You can get if for 10 bucks on G2a com or so
and you DONT have to pay monthly
i play it myself and its nice and cool
YTCereal
05/25/2016 2:27 am
Level 22 : Expert Network
Runescape.
Urrnge
05/24/2016 5:02 pm
Level 48 : Master Dragonborn
Yeah, I also recommend Guild Wars 2. It's free to play right now, but if you decide to buy it, it's a one time purchase since there is no monthly fee.

There's also Elder Scrolls Online. I haven't played since the beta was out awhile back, but I had fun with that game. And apparently they fixed a lot of the bugs present during the beta, so it's a lot better now. I think that one doesn't have a monthly fee either. So if you liked Oblivion, Skyrim, Morrowwind, ot whatever, you can check that one out.
Azrath
05/25/2016 2:04 am
I saw Elder Scrolls Online, seems awesome but for someone who does not have any kind of income yet I do not see how could I pay it monthly.

Also I played GW2 but I guess I am just to dumb to get how weapons and skills there work. I equipped one weapon, BOOM many skills, I accidentally equip another one, only one skill?
quitefrank_ly
06/03/2016 6:17 am
Level 29 : Expert Chef
GW2 changed a lot since launch, when you gain a new level for example, you get some information about the content/functionality in the game
brostermedia
05/25/2016 7:40 am
thet actually removed the monthly fee from TES:Online when it released on ps4/xbox one
Karrfis
05/24/2016 4:00 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Birb
(runescape xD)

wait so you want an mmo that doesnt have skill spam?
so firstly we throw away like every f2p mmo
Anxiety Opossum
05/24/2016 3:09 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Bookmarking this. I'll let you know If I find something, BTW
quitefrank_ly
05/24/2016 9:59 am
Level 29 : Expert Chef
Try Guild Wars 2 https://www.guildwars2.com/en/

Best thing is, core game is free to play!
brostermedia
05/24/2016 6:27 am
define "action combat" please
Azrath
05/24/2016 9:39 am
No standing in place and spamming skills, dodging monster attacks.
brostermedia
05/24/2016 2:38 pm
there is elsword but that is a sidescroller mmo rpg, as for skills you mainly attack to get mana to use in a combo, there are 2 characters that generate more mana when standing still and most people who play them in pvp are just hit and run people
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome