Locked Out of Steam

CompositionC4's Avatar CompositionC41/1/16 4:06 pm
1 emeralds 241 8
1/1/2016 8:24 pm
SensorialGlint6's Avatar SensorialGlint6
I recently had my phone die on me completely. I was using Steam Guard, and unfortunately decided to store my Steam Guard code in the notes on my phone (stupid, right?). I am still logged in on my laptop, but on my main PC I have no access to my steam account. Anyone got suggestions for what to do?

Also, I'm pretty bored right now too, anyone suggest me some servers (preferably 100% vanilla or fully modded) via PMing me?
CompositionC4
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

SensorialGlint6
01/01/2016 8:24 pm
Level 45 : Master Crafter
CompositionC4
SensorialGlint6OP here's what to do. Borrow a phone from someone that is able to download Steam Guard, and make sure you also transfer your sim.

Yeah, thanks. I think I'll go this route. However, I got an iPhone (don't worry only osx/ios device I own) so I've got to get the SIM slot unlocked at a phone shop :/

Actually, you might not need the sim depending on where you have your authentication code send; phone or e-mail. As you will need to get the code to prove it's you when logging into the steam guard.
CompositionC4
01/01/2016 7:49 pm
SensorialGlint6OP here's what to do. Borrow a phone from someone that is able to download Steam Guard, and make sure you also transfer your sim.

Yeah, thanks. I think I'll go this route. However, I got an iPhone (don't worry only osx/ios device I own) so I've got to get the SIM slot unlocked at a phone shop :/
Azie
01/01/2016 4:13 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Contact Steam Support. If you have your login information, I'm sure there's something they can do to help you.
SensorialGlint6
01/01/2016 5:38 pm
Don't bother contacting Steam, It's unlikely they will help you. I was locked out for over a week on my steam dev account, without any help or reply from their side.

OP here's what to do. Borrow a phone from someone that is able to download Steam Guard, and make sure you also transfer your sim.

Log into the steam guard and associate the app with your profile (you will get e-mail). Now that you have temporary access to steam guard and your account access back, best thing to do now would be to remove authentication service from your account so you will not be locked out again till you sort out your problem with your phone.
craftergurl
01/01/2016 7:52 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Princess
This is really good to know thanks for the info.
SensorialGlint6
01/01/2016 8:18 pm
No problem.
TLDRPost
01/01/2016 4:12 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Turn back on your phone and open the Steam mobile app. It gives a a code for you to use to access your account. If you had the mobile authenicator enabled then it should still show you it as long as you did not actually log out of steam on the phone. But if none of those work then you should send in a support ticket to the steam support.
CompositionC4
01/01/2016 7:51 pm
The phone is permanently dead xD Steam Support won't help me anyway.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome