New computer - Building my own one!

kyllingman2's Avatar kyllingman210/13/12 3:16 pm
10/13/2012 4:11 pm
kyllingman2's Avatar kyllingman2
So yeah, the topic tells a bit but I've found a few parts that I want to put together to make a new computer. I will essentially not use this much as I already have a computer but I think it would be fun to put one together from just parts and also learn how to do it. This won't be used to gaming and I've chosen cheap parts as I have no experience with putting computers together, so it could fail :/.... If I get it working I'll probably connect it to my TV and just use it to watch movies browse the web and such. So yeah, it's a small hard drive on only 320 GB but if I get it working I'll probably get 3-4TBs to movies, music and such things as that. So here's the parts I found:

HDD - Seagate Momentus® XT 7200.1 320GB -Demo
Cabinet - Cooler Master Elite 430 Midi Tower Black
Power supply - Cooler Master GX 550W PSU
Processor - AMD FX-4100 4-Core Processor
RAM - Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3, Socket-AM3+
Sound card - Creative SB Audigy SE
Graphics card - Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 512MB DDR3

That's all the parts I'm going to buy if I will buy it. Also the graphics card isn't good, but it cost like $40 so it's pretty much fine for me... I'll upgrade it later. So I need to know if these parts would fit good together or not, as I don't know myself! So I'd appreciate some help Thanks
kyllingman2
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner