Opinions and Suggestions on this Idea?

Vocashiny's Avatar Vocashiny9/21/14 1:46 pm
9/22/2014 10:46 am
Vocashiny's Avatar Vocashiny
Ok, so my other server flopped, so I've come up with a new idea, and I need your opinions on this! Sorry if this is in the wrong section, decided to play it safe and stick it here...

So basically it's an open world roleplay, with a difference. There would be areas and pre made themed towns you could visit, places to explore with rewards, awesome trading spots, and dungeons to loot. Players can travel around in parties together, and roleplay. If a large roleplay was going on, players would be notified with a broadcast saying something along the lines of, "A Roleplay Event is happening at xxxxx!"
But here's the twist. Players can interact with the environment by setting up their OWN towns, or surviving alone. These towns can grow to become huge roleplay spots, and more!
The last thing is minigames. There would be PvP arenas implemented, but disguised as medieval jousting or something! Events could also be held.

So that's my idea! It would be great if you could give me some feedback, or any suggestions (like town names, dungeon types, special areas, quests...)

Thanks!
Vocashiny
Level 20 : Expert Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/22/2014 9:33 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Skinner
polot38
Sounds like a great idea.
09/22/2014 9:19 am
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
That sounds like great fun! I am sure a ton of us would be willing to help setting up the towns I will have to join if you make this!

BTW classes sound great
09/22/2014 7:58 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Skinner
KingRex35
In Wynn craft I had to swim 500 blocks without a boat. No oceans.
09/22/2014 10:46 am
Vocashiny
Omg, yes. I remember buying four boats to get to an island incase I managed to crash all of them xD
09/22/2014 2:46 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
kitkat446
I love this idea! I would totes join this and sounds awesome, ive had about 3 years experience with towny and it would work perfectly, I would suggest less classes because i always find it hard to pick, also there should be a builder class!
If you end up sticking with this i can build haha! keep me updated!
09/22/2014 2:51 am
Vocashiny
Sure xD We'll need as many builders as we can get! Once I've got the temporary server up, I'll PM you the IP
09/22/2014 2:13 am
Vocashiny
Not sure if there should be a special custom class available for dedicated roleplayers... I'd just need a plugin that applies prefixes. So like somebody types /class warrior (or whatever) and they get a shiny prefix xS
09/21/2014 2:43 pm
Vocashiny
Ok, so I've come up with some classes:
Knight: Warrior, Dark knight or Gunner
Mage: Battle Magician, Elementalist or Necromancer
Rogue: Thief, Assassin or Scout
Priest: Battle priest or Caster
Ranger: Archer, Naturalist or Tamer
Minstrel: Bard, Dancer or Psychic
Alchemist
Engineer
09/21/2014 2:16 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
Derpsticle
seems like an awesome idea
it would hard to pick the theme of the towns i would think ><
09/21/2014 2:22 pm
Vocashiny
I'm thinking along the lines of environments... So like a snowy town, desert town, etc.
09/21/2014 2:02 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
Churff
i would definetly join! its basically what i wanted out of wynncraft! (You could go there for ideas, this seems a lot like it) Using signatureCraft or making a custom banner would definetly help it grow this time, don't be afraid to ask others to spread the word
09/21/2014 2:06 pm
Vocashiny
Yeah, I do really like Wynncraft, but I wanted to roleplay and build my own locations, so this was born xD Will probably make this, but I'm having problems with my hosting company (completely unresponsive D:) so it might take a while...
09/21/2014 1:54 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Fisherman
Dominos
Neat idea
09/21/2014 1:53 pm
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
This is awesome! you also need to add classes. (paladin, Cleric, Warrior. etc.)
09/21/2014 1:56 pm
Vocashiny
Yeah! Thanks! Although I've tried that before, and there aren't any decent class plugins... Maybe just something that just gives them a cool prefix and starter kit, unless I could get a custom coded one xD
09/21/2014 1:51 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Explorer
xPotatoFrys
I would definitely play this. Though, are you sure there are plugins for this, or is it custom coded?
09/21/2014 1:54 pm
Vocashiny
Well, I'd use world guard to protect the main cities, Towny for the player towns I guess, and Shopkeepers to make villager NPCs There're plenty of PvP plugins out there, so I hope it'd work
09/21/2014 1:48 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
Seems like a modified version of factions, but it's nice. I would join and play in that server.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome