PMC: The New Rule

Haydenjames's Avatar Haydenjames8/2/14 8:38 am
8/2/2014 4:28 pm
RageLokiCat's Avatar RageLokiCat
So I've noticed a (might be) new rule in PMC, I completely disagree with them. It says rants are not blogs. Blogs are text, they aren't certain things. You get to express yourself in PMC, not anymore, they banned rants. I say down with this new rule, I loved typing rants to get the anger out of myself, I want the old PMC back!
Haydenjames
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Haydenjames
08/02/2014 3:54 pm
In fact I have a idea to end all of this, make a section in the blogs called Rants
deadrecon98
08/02/2014 3:54 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Programmer
You can keep your anger to yourself, we don't want that.
Haydenjames
08/02/2014 3:55 pm
It's anger in a organized way, like suggesting to not do something
zoossrocks
08/02/2014 12:10 pm
Level 28 : Expert Toast
They are against rants as in "This [Insert Topic] sucks. I hate it!!!!1!1!!!". I don't think they are against "[Insert Topic] doesn't make much sense/isn't enjoyable because [Insert Reason]". That's what I think.
MayuriYandere
08/02/2014 11:29 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Prince
Killertoad
checkeredmineI want free speech I want rant so I agree with u

Freedom of speech doesn't pertain to us talking about other people, or ranting, or being rude. If you're being rude, you can get in trouble.

Freedom of speech is to protect us from the government, example, lets say we are voting for a new president? Well, you post fliers everywhere, saying "He's bad, he's a bad person, he's corrupt!" well, lets say he does become president, and he didn't like what you said? Well he could easily get you thrown in jail, or hanged, or stoned to death. (Like in other countries, with no freedom of speech)

Freedom of speech protects us from that, not from insulting others, and getting away with it. If you believe that, then you are entirely ignorant to our laws.

FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT

Like many other has stated, you can just rant in the forums like you're doing right now. Nothing has changed. It hasn't gotten increasingly harder to just copy what you wrote and then paste it on to the forums. I like the new rule, it's going to clean up the blogging section.
xXTheArcherXx
08/02/2014 11:15 am
Level 20 : Expert Skinner
I am a blogger. I mostly do not write rants, though when I did write one it got the most positive feedback. I consider rants to be blogs, but to an extent. I have seen some like: THE PMC STAFF ARE HORIBLE!1!!!1! Yeah. No. But there are some rants I do enjoy, mostly about quality of uploads etc.
StealingDaPenta
08/02/2014 10:54 am
Level 31 : Artisan Pony
There were too many rants
And rants of rants
and rants of rants of rants

and so on

No one cared about 'm anymore
moltenflamezz
08/02/2014 10:38 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Miner
luigi_vampaYou can rant still, it just needs to be in the proper format!

Nuff' said!
Midnight
08/02/2014 10:38 am
Level 46 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Rants are welcome on the forums. And its easy to make a rant without it being a rant. We mostly mean the type of rants where people only present the one sided fully opinionated blog about how much they hate (said subject).
PrototypeTheta
08/02/2014 10:26 am
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
Debates are best handled in threads (which you can still do btw). This should be pretty obvious.
Killertoad
08/02/2014 10:26 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
checkeredmineI want free speech I want rant so I agree with u

Freedom of speech doesn't pertain to us talking about other people, or ranting, or being rude. If you're being rude, you can get in trouble.

Freedom of speech is to protect us from the government, example, lets say we are voting for a new president? Well, you post fliers everywhere, saying "He's bad, he's a bad person, he's corrupt!" well, lets say he does become president, and he didn't like what you said? Well he could easily get you thrown in jail, or hanged, or stoned to death. (Like in other countries, with no freedom of speech)

Freedom of speech protects us from that, not from insulting others, and getting away with it. If you believe that, then you are entirely ignorant to our laws.
mr_craftalot
08/02/2014 9:48 am
Level 1 : New Network
Rants can be considered as debates. Debates are what keep the world questioning things, what is the world with no questions? Rants are needed to relieve situations of cause that people may be having problems with, debates are the best way to do so. So why get rid of rants when all they do is help people in the first place?
Ludicrous
08/02/2014 9:34 am
It/It • Level 68 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Ranting is basically telling to the public you hate this, hate that. One can easily make a rant with no effort at all, just type out "I hate [something] because of [some simple reason]! So down with [the something]!" And just add a few more sentances. It is always that, wether its long or short, it always leads to that.

Also, just saying, blogs aren't really affecting Minecraft, or is even a valid addable item/mode/etc. to Minecraft.
-Kali-
08/02/2014 11:28 am
Level 23 : Expert Network
Which is technically blacklisting which is bad
Haydenjames
08/02/2014 3:50 pm
I've NEVER blacklisted in any of my rants, you can just delete the poor ones, but please keep the good ones
RageLokiCat
08/02/2014 4:28 pm
Level 21 : Expert Pony
See, there's the problem. "Good" is subjective, most people don't think any rants are good; those of you that partake in them think some are good. Who gets to decide?
PrototypeTheta
08/02/2014 9:22 am
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
You can still express yourself, make a thread in the forums if you want to rant, but you don't get EXP for it.

Is this because you feel you can't express your opinions or that you are no longer rewarded for doing so?
luigi_vampa
08/02/2014 9:16 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Dragonborn
You can rant still, it just needs to be in the proper format!

Marissa_Frost
08/02/2014 9:13 am
Level 29 : Expert Dragonborn
I agrre with the new rule. Blogs arent ment to be an outpost were people complain about something. You can rant here in the fourms, instead of mskeing it a blog. Becuase most of the times, all of the million rants about the same topic, is just a way for another writter to say "Hey! They get diamonds off they, Ill make a quick and easy one amd level up!
Sort of like the teen skins you guys ranted about. You made another teen skin in a way. So I will be happy if this rule really DOSE happen. Instead the blogs would be a happy place for artist and writters once more.
Hunajameloni
08/02/2014 9:01 am
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Puncher
I don't want to read rants anymore.
Just write something interesting..
Haydenjames
08/02/2014 3:49 pm
Well some rants can help players what not to do or be, it helps players stop doing things.
checkeredmine
08/02/2014 9:18 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Scribe
rants r far often more interesting than any other thread in my opinion
checkeredmine
08/02/2014 8:57 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Scribe
hayden ha xD its the same with me I want free speech I want rant so I agree with u
quitefrank_ly
08/02/2014 8:51 am
Level 29 : Expert Chef
Haydenjamesto get the anger out of myself

[yt]xzpndHtdl9A[/yt]
Icey tree
08/02/2014 8:50 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Architect
I think most of the things what can act like an subject for an rant then you have to think about grief, age discrimination are already discussed. The subject is solid but the thing mostly written around it is your opinion, if you want to discuss your opinion go in the comment section of another old rant about the same subject
Irish
08/02/2014 8:48 am
Level 72 : Legendary Nerd
Blogging doesn't mean ranting. You can blog without ranting easily, wanna review a server? Sure! Want to make a quick survival guide? Why not! Want to rant about something we have heard countless times? No.
Halorules555
08/02/2014 8:47 am
Level 26 : Expert Zombie
I disagree with the rule too. Blogs are meant to be text. It's just going to make PMC feel a little more confined for bloggers.
Haydenjames
08/02/2014 8:54 am
Exactly! I feel confined when I'm writing blogs, I want to be free to write whatever I want
thebla100
08/02/2014 8:40 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
I'm not against free speech, but the rants are getting annoying. Especially since they aren't that long.
Haydenjames
08/02/2014 8:41 am
Well I make pretty long ones, I spent a long time working on one, AND IT GOT DELETED.
RageLokiCat
08/02/2014 8:39 am
Ya no, you can keep your poorly written anger-spats, thanks.
Aeternalis_
08/02/2014 11:22 am
Level 21 : Expert Nerd
Are you an -snip- to everyone?

I don't really care. as long as a blog is well written and isn't fallacy, I'll read it.
RageLokiCat
08/02/2014 11:39 am
Only to people who deserve it
Haydenjames
08/02/2014 8:40 am
they aren't 'poorly written'. Atleast make a miscellaneous tab!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome