PS4 Vs Xbox One

Cipherus's Avatar Cipherus6/16/13 3:37 pm
6/16/2013 8:47 pm
MadeBySix's Avatar MadeBySix
I just thought i'd start a poll to see what you guys thought
Cipherus
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/16/2013 8:41 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Derpilicious
PS4 or Xbox One, eh? How about... NEITHER? Honestly, PC is better. I've got a liquid cooled PC with a Generation 3 I5 Intel processor that can automatically overclock. Not to mention that I have a really high-power graphics card and a 1 Terabyte hard drive. Oh yeah, my computer can also run most games at the highest graphics settings and still have a high and steady FPS. Overall, I dumped about $1,500 dollars into the hardware (except for the graphics card which was from my old computer) and dumped some more money for the badass case (complete with blue and purple LED lights). I'm not letting some supposedly 'next-gen' consoles even try and overpower my PC (like any console ever even COULD).

TL;DR version: PC is better.

(Also, I plan on making a custom case myself for my next PC)
06/16/2013 8:47 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Modder
MadeBySix
I'm kind of surprised you have liquid cooling on that, it doesn't really seem necessary. What GPU are you using? I'm currently in the middle of building a new PC since my current one is about 5 years old now, and I'm waiting to play all of this years games until my build is done.

Anyway, I can't speak for everyone here, but at the very least a lot of them have already acknowledged PC's are better. I myself hardly ever turn on my old toyboxes, since I started PC gaming 6 years ago and PC gaming is obviously superior in every way. Plus, the "next-gen" consoles are worse by far than current gen PC's. That said, I do own both a PS3 and an Xbox 360 and as an external observer it's certainly interesting to note what the consoles are getting right and wrong. One can't help but notice that the Xbox is adopting all of the worst features of the PC without any of the huge benefits, whilst the PS4 is adopting a lot of what makes PC gaming great. In short, Xbox is digging itself deeper into console land, whilst the PS4 is actively improving itself as a gaming platform. It's certainly interesting to see what other people think too.
06/16/2013 8:33 pm
Level 28 : Expert Musician
Bottom
PS4 is the winner of the E3 battle for sure and will likely win the war as Xbox one is more of an entertainment system than a gaming system which costed microsoft dearly. Over all PS4 looks better and I will likely get it
06/16/2013 8:18 pm
MadeBySix
coolkevin867
I got the hardware statement from Nvidia, which was actually able to look at the hardware.
"If the PS4 ships in December, as Sony indicated it will only offer about half the performance of a GTX 680 GPU, which launched in March 2012, more than a year and a half ago."
That is a direct quote from Nvidia

I think you misunderstood what they were saying. I looked up the quote you mentioned, because it sounded interesting (and hey, always do your research, right?)

What they were saying was that they fully support PC gaming because consoles are closed, can't be upgraded, and are incredibly underpowered compared to PC's. They were talking about why they declined to produce the custom chips for the next-gen consoles, and that even the one with the more powerful GPU (The playstation 4) doesn't even come close to current generation graphics processing, despite being half a year from release.

TL;DR

They were saying the PS4 is crap compared to PC's (which PC gamers knew anyway), not that it was less powerful than the Xbox One. It is most definitely a bit more powerful than the Xbox One.
06/16/2013 7:38 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
FlyingFrie
If this was truly PS4 Vs Xbox One it wouldn't have a neither category.
06/16/2013 7:31 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
KevinClifford
Out of the two, PS4. out of them all for this gen, Wii U.
06/16/2013 7:31 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Skinner
Teddy
To the people above talking about PCs and what not - please keep on topic or else I may have to remove your posts.

DJ3I've never heard of Nvidia, but if it said that, it's clearly not a reliable site.

Nvidia are one of the largest and best video card manufacturers.
06/16/2013 7:30 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Baconator
coolkevin867
I've never heard of Nvidia, but if it said that, it's clearly not a reliable site.

Look them up. They are one of two leading companies for graphics cards (along with AMD).
06/16/2013 7:28 pm
Level 43 : Master Modder
HyJaffa
I am a die hard Xbox fan but the Xbox one is crap. It only works if you have internet, You can't play 360 games, You can't borrow games or lend them to your friends as you would with Xbox 360. And they have completely taken the Gaming aspect out of it and replaced it for those who want to watch TV. In my opinion it is an over-priced accessory for your TV so that you can say, Hey look.. I got this wire sticking out of my TV hooked up to this crappy box that isn't worth the money.

Now I used to hate PlayStation, But sony have gone in the complete opposite direction and focussed on Gaming which is what Microsoft should of done.

I mean Microsoft also worked on trying to Improve the kinect. Lets face it! The kinect is a failure which Many people hate.. Microsoft have gone right in a few areas such as the Blue-ray player, But that is frankly the only thing I can say is an improvement on the xbox. If they had focussed on improving the console for the majority market for it (Gamers) Then people might actually buy it. But if you ask me, A die hard 360 fan, I'm buying the PS4 instead of the Xbox one..
06/16/2013 6:52 pm
coolkevin867
MadeBySix
coolkevin867After watching literally days worth of content about both Xbox One and PS4, I will be buying an Xbox One. Many people have already made the decision to get a PS4, but most of them have not looked at many of the small specs, only the big stuff. Their hardware is much worse than the Xbox One (even if it looks nearly the same). This is one reason why it is cheaper. Although the PS4 has very cheap multiplayer, it is really bad and gets hacked virtually all the time. Also, the games (minus the fps) are much poorer quality than Xbox One's. For example, compare Forza 5 to DriveClub, there is literally no way DriveClub can compete. Also, although the Xbox One is more, it comes with a Kinect 2.0. Many people don't like the current Kinect, but the new one can track things like fingers, people of all races, and people in dimly lit conditions. Unfortunately, there are some cons to the Xbox One which many people look at and are immediately swayed toward Sony. These include needing an internet connection every 24 hours and there is no backwards compatibility. So, in final, I say to look at the Xbox One and PS4 in whole. PS4 will obviously rule the FPS games, but that's about it. If you don't agree with me, just wait and see what Sony actually comes out with because they have been very selective in which specs and questions they answer.

In short, get a PC. If not, Xbox One is much more, for lack of a better term, family oriented (meaning less focused on gaming and more focused on things like internet browsing, music playing, video watching, and social applications), while PS4 is about the shooters.

I'm not sure where you read that the PS4 hardware is actually worse than the Xbox One, but they're actually basically the same. There are two minor differences, the PS4 uses faster RAM and has a better GPU. The PS4 is actually the more powerful machine, even if it is EVER so slightly.

The other thing I wanted to mention - I don't know where you got the idea that PSN is much worse than Xbox Live and gets hacked "virtually all the time", but PSN is only marginally slower than Xbox Live because it's not currently a paid service, and got hacked ONCE. When it did, they spent the following three months giving out free games to everyone as an apology, and upgrading the infrastructure of the service so it wouldn't happen again. In terms of actual gaming, there are far more people hacking on multiplayer games on Xbox than on Playstation, because the code is far easier to crack on the Xbox 360.

I got the hardware statement from Nvidia, which was actually able to look at the hardware.
"If the PS4 ships in December, as Sony indicated it will only offer about half the performance of a GTX 680 GPU, which launched in March 2012, more than a year and a half ago."
06/16/2013 6:34 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
Parkeroids
I am a huge fan of the Xbox, always have been.
BUT, oh my god, did they screw up bad this time...I hate the new features they have for the Xbox One, with my 360 I only use it for playing games and watching tv, as in plugging in a usb and watching from there.
These new features they have for the next gen. are useless to me and I really couldn't be more disappointed. I have never been a fan of the Playstation, but this could easily change due to Microsofts newest blunder.
Like seriously, the controller, is it just me or does it look like a misshapen bagguette?
But anyway, most likely I'll just swallow my pride and buy the Xbox One like a complete wuss...

06/16/2013 6:25 pm
coolkevin867
EmbortonStudios
Many people don't like the current Kinect, but the new one can track things like fingers, people of all races, and people in dimly lit conditions.

Yeah. It can also see you ALL THE TIME. They literally monitor you.

They have already stated that it will be on all the time to listen for commands, but this is just a feature and can be turned off.
06/16/2013 6:23 pm
Level 47 : Master Architect
EmbortonStudios
Many people don't like the current Kinect, but the new one can track things like fingers, people of all races, and people in dimly lit conditions.

Yeah. It can also see you ALL THE TIME. They literally monitor you.
06/16/2013 6:21 pm
coolkevin867
After watching literally days worth of content about both Xbox One and PS4, I will be buying an Xbox One. Many people have already made the decision to get a PS4, but most of them have not looked at many of the small specs, only the big stuff. Their hardware is much worse than the Xbox One (even if it looks nearly the same). This is one reason why it is cheaper. Although the PS4 has very cheap multiplayer, it is really bad and gets hacked virtually all the time. Also, the games (minus the fps) are much poorer quality than Xbox One's. For example, compare Forza 5 to DriveClub, there is literally no way DriveClub can compete. Also, although the Xbox One is more, it comes with a Kinect 2.0. Many people don't like the current Kinect, but the new one can track things like fingers, people of all races, and people in dimly lit conditions. Unfortunately, there are some cons to the Xbox One which many people look at and are immediately swayed toward Sony. These include needing an internet connection every 24 hours and there is no backwards compatibility. So, in final, I say to look at the Xbox One and PS4 in whole. PS4 will obviously rule the FPS games, but that's about it. If you don't agree with me, just wait and see what Sony actually comes out with because they have been very selective in which specs and questions they answer.

In short, get a PC. If not, Xbox One is much more, for lack of a better term, family oriented (meaning less focused on gaming and more focused on things like internet browsing, music playing, video watching, and social applications), while PS4 is about the shooters.
06/16/2013 7:21 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
DJ3
Not really. If you look at it in a whole, the PS4 is geared towards gaming, casual or hardcore. The Xbox One is, like you said geared towards family stuff and surfing the internet, watching tv, etc. The PS4 specs are better if you compare them, because they need better specs and the Xbox One does not. Plus, you can't really compare Forza to Driveclub because DriveClub isn't out yet and the trailers don't tell you anything except that it looks amazing. I really hate the Xbox fanboys who say PSN gets hacked all the time, it got hacked once, ONCE in the past 5 years and MOST people didn't lose anything.

coolkevin867
MadeBySix
coolkevin867After watching literally days worth of content about both Xbox One and PS4, I will be buying an Xbox One. Many people have already made the decision to get a PS4, but most of them have not looked at many of the small specs, only the big stuff. Their hardware is much worse than the Xbox One (even if it looks nearly the same). This is one reason why it is cheaper. Although the PS4 has very cheap multiplayer, it is really bad and gets hacked virtually all the time. Also, the games (minus the fps) are much poorer quality than Xbox One's. For example, compare Forza 5 to DriveClub, there is literally no way DriveClub can compete. Also, although the Xbox One is more, it comes with a Kinect 2.0. Many people don't like the current Kinect, but the new one can track things like fingers, people of all races, and people in dimly lit conditions. Unfortunately, there are some cons to the Xbox One which many people look at and are immediately swayed toward Sony. These include needing an internet connection every 24 hours and there is no backwards compatibility. So, in final, I say to look at the Xbox One and PS4 in whole. PS4 will obviously rule the FPS games, but that's about it. If you don't agree with me, just wait and see what Sony actually comes out with because they have been very selective in which specs and questions they answer.

I'm not sure where you read that the PS4 hardware is actually worse than the Xbox One, but they're actually basically the same. There are two minor differences, the PS4 uses faster RAM and has a better GPU. The PS4 is actually the more powerful machine, even if it is EVER so slightly.

The other thing I wanted to mention - I don't know where you got the idea that PSN is much worse than Xbox Live and gets hacked "virtually all the time", but PSN is only marginally slower than Xbox Live because it's not currently a paid service, and got hacked ONCE. When it did, they spent the following three months giving out free games to everyone as an apology, and upgrading the infrastructure of the service so it wouldn't happen again. In terms of actual gaming, there are far more people hacking on multiplayer games on Xbox than on Playstation, because the code is far easier to crack on the Xbox 360.

I've never heard of Nvidia, but if it said that, it's clearly not a reliable site.
06/16/2013 6:36 pm
MadeBySix

Finally, there are actually very few worthwhile Xbox One exclusives that aren't going to be on PC as well, and for that matter there are quite a few PS4 exclusives that are on PC too. Most of the worthwhile console games are on both, with the exception of things like Quantum Break on the Xbox One (which will almost definitely make it to the PC after a year or so) and products from people like Naughty Dog on the PS4, which are some of the most impressive games of our generation.
06/16/2013 6:20 pm
EmbortonStudios
Listen. If you have the knowledge, time to gain the knowledge needed, and money, build your own PC. That's what I did. I hardly ever use my PS3 now. Also PC graphics are usually better and you get anti-aliasing options. Plus there won't be a bunch of seven-year-olds online because most seven-year-olds can't afford a good enough gaming PC to play decently...

My PC was a tad over $700 USD and I max out the BF3 graphics at 60+FPS.
06/16/2013 6:44 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
Hey! That's kinda what I did. I payed a little over 700, got a bunch of high-end ASUS crap in there, and it runs a lot of the newer games with a constant 60. My case is different, obviously. It's black:

Your case looks sweet, tho
06/16/2013 6:47 pm
Level 29 : Expert Network
Oni__
You all have such sexier cases then me, mines just flat and black and... Normal.... Awwww..... I spent godamn £1200 on that PC and I didn't think of buying a sexy case *facepalm*
06/16/2013 6:22 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
DarkStar4657
i'm actually building one,i got the case and the motherboard
06/16/2013 6:23 pm
EmbortonStudios
You. I like you. Let's have soft tacos together.
06/16/2013 6:34 pm
DarkStar4657
06/16/2013 6:10 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
Seivelath
Also, yes it was announced that a price under $5 a month shall be paid for PS+, and without it, no online play would be available. Though you still get all the features, and I think PS+ Is worth having on it's own, inter grading it onto the PS4's Internet connection system just means that they in a way are helping you, and your helping them get a better online service.
06/16/2013 6:06 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
Slenderpy
Ima get an Xbox 360, and that will make me happy. End of stort.
06/16/2013 6:01 pm
Level 29 : Expert Network
Oni__
06/16/2013 5:49 pm
DarkStar4657
Ps4 won,end of story.
06/16/2013 5:46 pm
Level 47 : Master Dragonborn
Diddo
I was an xbox fanboy but then the new one just kinda well sucks a lot im not saying I like ps4 either but the ps4 is definitely beating xbox one.
06/16/2013 5:42 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc166169
[deleted]
06/16/2013 5:35 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Necromancer
creeperinmyhouse
hmm xbox 1 or ps4, i choose..... the pc
06/16/2013 5:31 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
I've played Xbox for a long time and never dreamed of every getting a Playstation again.

Microsoft is scaring off their loyal players. I'll be getting a PS4.
06/16/2013 4:09 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Princess
FrozenTeam101
If I had to choose I'll go with PS4, but my computer is better than the Xbox 1 / PS4
06/16/2013 3:56 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
GCGamingChannel
I personally prefer the PS4 due to the Pros out waying the Cons.

PlayStation 4 Pros:

Cheaper than the Xbox One (£80 or $100 cheaper (This is a very big difference since you can put the £80/$100 towards games for it))

No used game fee AT ALL. Publishers cannot decide if they want a fee on used games nor can Sony make you pay one

No required Internet Connection, however benefits are gained with a connection.

Smaller and less heavy and chunky box.

PlayStation 4 Cons:

Charge for multiplayer

No TV other non gaming features on the Xbox One

No PlayStation Eye with Kinect 2 features (not that I'd use it anyway.

Xbox One Pros:

Has Minecraft

More entertainment features

Xbox One Cons:

Required Internet connection once every day

Only loan/giveaway your game to a friend once, whom has been on your friends list for 1 whole month

Controller has really been changed

More expensive (due to Kinect)

Publishers can decide if games have a used game fee

Un-organised way of settling the rumours from facts of the Xbox One causing more rumours and disappointment

"If you do not have internet, you can use a Xbox 360 instead" (Reworded quote from a Microsoft, Xbox One official) this basically means if you do not have internet, you cannot be part of the Next Generation of console gaming

But, if you want to buy a Xbox One/PlayStation 4. Way the Pros/Cons out for yourself. If you can buy it and you are happy to buy it. Go ahead. If you regret buying it, sell it for 1/3 of the original price.
06/16/2013 4:05 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Narwhal
dkjjr
Xbox charges for multiplayer, PlayStation does not.
06/16/2013 4:06 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
GCGamingChannel
Really? I swore someone told me that the PlayStation 4 charged for multiplayer. Can you show me a video or tweet or etc from a Sony official stating this is true?
06/16/2013 5:14 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
DJ3
No I can't because it isn't true. Whoever told you that didn't watch or read anything about it.
06/16/2013 3:59 pm
Cipherus
The Technology itself is on equal footing but Microsoft really messed up at E3
And that's why most are leaning towards PS3
06/16/2013 3:54 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Prince
Summertime
I am not getting a new xbox, and I will keep my PS2.
06/16/2013 5:43 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
Seivelath
PS2 Nostalgia FTW. correct, I still have an old PS2, and that's all the sony I need
06/16/2013 3:53 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
m4moggy1
im excited for both i dont know much so id say neither
06/16/2013 3:51 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
TheSchiffelman
The Xbox One has a lot of horrible things that Microsoft is doing, like getting rid of used games.

Neither system is out yet and not all details are released so this is too premature.
06/16/2013 3:58 pm
Cipherus
I agree but i will probably end up getting both like the impulsive buyer that i am
06/16/2013 3:46 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Narwhal
Dengara
Microsoft is digging the consoles grave all the time. With a Crane. The size of Canada.

Seriously, Sony should hire that guy, he's great at selling PS4's.
06/16/2013 3:43 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
Famousie0
well the newe xbox is kinda,... well... just NO
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome