Question on regards to Doxing and DDosing.

Vigri's Avatar Vigri8/19/15 3:45 pm
1 emeralds 253 5
8/19/2015 4:03 pm
Vigri's Avatar Vigri
A specific user has been targeting to me since last year. Has hacked my Enjin accounts, GMAIL accounts and so much more in the past that I had to beg to get them back sometimes. He has came back, well, has always been there, mostly harassing me on the internet. I've tried changing my online identity a few times and my uppermost (to my knowledge) reason why he keeps doing this is because I keep making servers.

On my server threads here, he has supplied DOX links showing some incorrect information, however is the same person who hacked me in the past. I was wondering if the PMC community could help me by providing solutions to this problem as I am getting sick of it purely.

Some people have mainly suggested to call the services, as in the police. I've decided not to because of all the drama I have to do about it with the police, I have somewhat of respect for them and think that hacking is not much of a problem to them, as a serious crime.

Other than calling the services, such as 999 or 911 (or any other police contact.) Can someone provide me something such as an Email address to guide me into shutting this harasser off?
Vigri
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/19/2015 4:03 pm
Vigri
Azie
SparkzyeApologies but I've never known much about safety on regards to the internet and verifying.

Most places offer it as an extra security measure now. I know for sure Gmail does and I'm almost certain Enjin does as well.

Seriously? I've never known about that on Enjin. Then again my browser is English and I understand everything better in French, could be a problem with the understanding issue.

Thank you for your help!

-Woody-4. Hacking, DDoSing, and Doxing are three completely different things. If someone doxes you, they're not a hacker. Same goes with DDoSing. Hacking is a large topic with many ways of doing so, but doxing and ddosing are not methods of it.

I said the same person Dox'd, and Dos'd me. Which just in one way is categorized as hacking. Thanks for your advice regardless to you both, I have done what you had said.

Thanks.

~Liam
08/19/2015 4:01 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
1. Doxing, in any form, is not illegal. Doing stuff with the information (e.g posting it online to public places, using your information to sign up for things, etc) is illegal. If he has done none of that, you can't do anything about it.

2. In your thread, you provided no evidence of him DDoSing you. And unless a person has access to multiple computers on multiple networks, there is no way for a single person to DDoS you. However, if he did DDoS you, then your internet would be flooded, and you would not be able to have your server up, nor would you be able to access the internet. A single person doing a denial of service attack is called a DoS, which is significantly less traumatic, and (unless you're PMC's servers... jk) will have little to no effect on your internet service.

3. If he somehow acquired your passwords, then you must have some sort of keylogger, or virus, or something, or you must've given it away to someone (voluntarily, or unknowingly), because DDoSing and Doxing are not ways to acquire one's password.

4. Hacking, DDoSing, and Doxing are three completely different things. If someone doxes you, they're not a hacker. Same goes with DDoSing. Hacking is a large topic with many ways of doing so, but doxing and ddosing are not methods of it.

Unless he has legitimately DDoSed you, or used information from his dox on you, then you cannot have any legal actions taken place on him. However, you said he has posted links to your information on your server posts (or something like that). That might be considered one of the illegal actions of using doxed information, however you might want to check the local laws. However, the best thing you can basically do is just block him. If you add him to your foes list on pmc (or you might be able to block users, but idk, I've never checked) then I don't think he's able to see your submissions, and therefore is unable to comment. And if you ban his IP on the server, then you should be fine and dandy, because then he'll realize that he is unable to continue his "reign of terror" and will just give up.

After writing this, I noticed your location is England. I am unsure if doxing is legal there, but it is legal in the United States. Probably the same there, as long as you don't use the information badly.

Edit:
tl;dr:
-Doxing isnt illegal in USA, might be different in England(Doing malicious stuff with it is, though)
-Unless he's in a team, he cant ddos you (if you were ddosed, your server would be down, and you would have no internet)
-Doing either of these two things won't get him your password, so unless he's a pro hacker, you might have a keylogger or virus (I'd advise a virus scan just to be safe)
-To solve your problem do as Azie said and contact the authorities, or just block his account and IP in any way possible
08/19/2015 4:00 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
SparkzyeApologies but I've never known much about safety on regards to the internet and verifying.

Most places offer it as an extra security measure now. I know for sure Gmail does and I'm almost certain Enjin does as well.
08/19/2015 3:51 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Seriously, just contact the authorities... Someone harassing you, hacking your online accounts, and generally trying to be malicious is totally something they can help you with...

If you have a cell-phone, put everything on a 2-step auth. process. Whenever someone trys to log into your account, they'll need your cell phone to actually get in, which you'd have with you and they definitely wouldn't have access to.
08/19/2015 3:55 pm
Vigri
Thanks for the advice. Apologies but I've never known much about safety on regards to the internet and verifying.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome