Technical difficulties I can't understand

De Taco King's Avatar De Taco King10/15/23 2:06 am history
2 emeralds 264 6
10/17/2023 7:28 pm
Sadako Kogo's Avatar Sadako Kogo
Hi there! The point of this is simple... I have no other social media place to ask for technical help from and there's a problem I can't seem to understand that is bothering me and might be possibly be causing me problems with my Minecraft in addition to just the glitch itself just being annoying.

Weird boxes (primarily black but on certain sites and places white) keep showing up on certain websites, YouTube and Roblox being the standouts. And when I hover my mouse over a YouTube video to watch it without opening a tab the subtitles glitch (not really an issue as much cause who actually does that on a regular basis but it's still probable related so I figured I'd mention it). I think it might also be related to my Minecraft crashing recently at random times when I'm doing anything from opening a chest to grab seeds to flying around in creative to look at a building I'm making. When it crashes the whole computer screen goes black as long as the Minecraft window is open, it then closes out and my Firefox, if it's open at the time, also glitches for some time making it almost impossible to use and access anything on it (I just wanna be able to change and/or turn off my music man D:).

I asked my Father and he tried updating the driver and there's been multiple updates on my computer so I don't think those are the issue, and I scanned my computer for viruses 50 times over the last week or two and I have no malware or anything so it can't be that. I am at my wits end and I can't even find the controls for java right now to check if my problem is somehow a java issue, so please, if you have any answers, let me know. I wanna get back to my castle project. :(
De Taco King
Level 30 : Artisan Taco

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Sadako Kogo
10/17/2023 7:28 pm
Level 22 : Expert Artist
Try restarting your device, try doing a hard reset which is similar to restarting but more effective, try clearing cookies, check data packet loss, and check your storage. Just some suggestions.
De Taco King
10/17/2023 7:09 pm
history
quick update that's actually kind of concerning to me...
for some reason I couldn't replicate the glitch in Roblox or yt for the screenshots but was able to do so for Monarch (that is the website I use for school)
I took a screenshot but when I went to look at it the glitch was absent, it just showed the page normally without the black square.

    I also tried to get a hold of the crash logs but I am starting to wonder as to weather or not it was the same glitch, but I will update the page soon.
A Lost Boy
10/16/2023 6:20 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Magical Boy
sounds like a GPU issue, I know you said your dad updated the drivers but double check the graphics driver specifically; last time I updated I actually had to do a rollback because it caused more problems. Are there any error messages that you've seen? Also check the Minecraft log files... can you show a screenshot of the "weird boxes?"
De Taco King
10/17/2023 1:37 am
history
Should be able to get the screenshots, and I will try and I will ask my father about the driver.
As for the crash logs I will update with screenshots when I can, so I'm gonna try and do that tomorrow since I don't have time as of right now.

           Thanks for the advice :)
ScotsMiser
10/16/2023 2:11 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Miner
I've had 'weird boxes' from time to time on various web sites, but they vanish quickly (and without action on my part).

I've attributed this to lag in my adblocker/anti malware set up and so have not investigated.

I've not seen that effect in Utube and my MC doesn't crash often [​crosses fingers AND toes] so I'm no help there…

If/When you find the cause (and hopefully) the cure, please post…
one hopes never to need the information, but better to have and not need than the reverse…

Good Luck
De Taco King
10/16/2023 5:04 pm
thanks, I'll be sure to let you know when I find the cause :)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome