The Minecraft Community Degrading

daniel32145's Avatar daniel321452/11/14 4:47 pm
1 emeralds 386 9
2/12/2014 4:44 am
akvarista11's Avatar akvarista11
Alright, I'm just going to put this out there because I want to know if it only happens to me and my server or if it happens to everyone out there. Lately the player base of our server seems to be a large mass of 12 year-olds who log on and say "Owner? How to be Admin?" or "Give me OP or I ddos" or some other random crap that makes no sense. I remember a time when Minecraft was actually fun to play. But as of late, it's becoming extremely difficult to find good staff. Now, has the Minecraft community degraded to a point that it mainly consists of annoying children who don't know a thing about how servers work? Or is this just a problem on my server? Do other server owners out there have such a problem with these noobs? It seems like all everyone wants these days is either staff or OP. I hate it.
daniel32145
Level 1 : New Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

akvarista11
02/12/2014 4:44 am
Level 43 : Master Modder
I'm 12 years old but I'm playing MC from 2 and a half years. Before Minecraft had REALLY enjoying server community but now....Find a RP server there is the good community acctualy

P.S: I'm Bulgarian Sorry for my english
eminemfan33
02/12/2014 4:14 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
Welcome to video games getting updates. After some point of time in a video game getting a lot of updates, all the kids come in and the game gets easier. *cough* cata *cough*

Minecraft started getting the army of children at around the time Factions was released a.k.a a month before the game got easier and much larger in Beta 1.8. (which may explain why most of the younger players are screwing around on Factions servers)
AngelaC333
02/12/2014 2:34 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
These noobs server hop until they find another fellow 10 year old owner and then they have kids. Then the kid grows up, realize he's adopted, and murder his parents for being stupid.
Neptonic
02/12/2014 2:47 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Heh. You achieved something tonight sir, you made me chuckle. Learning physics can drain a man of humor. Even if it is a Game Theory video.

As a game gets more popular, the fan base will widen, and their will be more minors mining in Minecraft. And many of them are
  • A) Casual gamers coming from playing the 'hardcore' consoles
  • B) Kids (or teens/adults) who are fans of Legos
  • C) Bandwagon joiners
  • or
  • D) Kids who have finally saved up the $27 for the game they've been watching on Youtube for 3 years

Okay the list is probably nothing like that. The diversity of players is growing, but the majority of new players are of a... younger... variety...
skylar57
02/12/2014 1:42 am
Level 25 : Expert Toast
I have administrated several servers in the past and, trust me, there are ways to get rid of them. If you really do dislike them being on your server, you can enforce a rule where asking for any of those privileges can get them banned, or whatever else you feel like doing. If that is the only player base, then your plan of action for advertisement is wrong. I suggest if you own the server, to consider about white-list and giving a quick informal, casual run down of the other persons interest in your server before you white list them. You can post that you're looking for applicants on the forum for a healthy, close knit server.
Pokemon8756
02/12/2014 1:06 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
I am 12 years old, and I never do that..not all 12 year olds are immature.
Schwerpunkt_
02/12/2014 1:33 am
Level 37 : Artisan Architect
"ma·ture
məˈCHo͝or,-ˈt(y)o͝or/
adjective
adjective: mature
fully developed
"she was now a mature woman" "
Sure... Ik what you mean but I personally hate when the word is used like this. Find the literal definition of words before you say something that would make no since if it didn't have such a big misconception of what it actually means
EDIT: I also so very love how many words have lost their meaning
Curse words especially have lost their meaning... so amazing what people do to the world
daniel32145
02/12/2014 1:00 am
Level 1 : New Engineer
Not just give me OP, its the fact that all people want these days is a position of authority, people want to know they are better than someone else. Less and less players these days are just content with playing Minecraft.
Pepijn
02/11/2014 4:53 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Cyborg
We have enough of those give me OP players (and not only 12 year olds...) coming on my server everyday. So we have made a tutorial to scare most of them away.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome