What is up with people?

QuadMonkey's Avatar QuadMonkey1/13/14 11:29 am
1/13/2014 3:42 pm
Poshtoffee's Avatar Poshtoffee
I'm starting to think that people can't read or they only see what they want to see.

I mean, when you advertise your server you ALWAYS get the noobs joining and within 30 secs they ask who the owner is and whether they can be staff.

This is further worsened by the fact that people start servers and then go on the forums asking for staff; meaning these server owners are quite happy to appoint players they do not know as staff and give the free reign over their server.

Perhaps someone could enlighten me here? lol
QuadMonkey
Level 9 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/13/2014 3:42 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Scribe
Poshtoffee
Damn it humanity, can't you get at least one thing right...
01/13/2014 3:35 pm
Level 48 : Master Architect
cirrus-mc
I've noticed a lot of the time that a lot of players feel entitled, or they really don't understand how servers work. I've had many a player join and ask instantly if they can be staff, or if they can be our plugin dev. Our server personally does not believe in looking on places like PMC or trying to recruit staff from anywhere. We promote based on trust. I also have to agree- why else would they keep going everywhere asking for OP? I wonder if it ever works out for them. I too have had little kids yell "F**k you" straight at me because I won't hand them the keys to the server. The way I look at it, there will always be players that behave in such a way. Where they either feel entitled to everything on the server, or like to pester everybody on the server to give them things, or to do things for them.
01/13/2014 2:14 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
TheGobstopper
Yeah, some people are ridiculous. I recommend telling people you either know in real life and letting them share it. Or just kick the weirdos haha
01/13/2014 12:45 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
Everytime I see forums posts like this, it makes me want to never join servers. xD
01/13/2014 12:43 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dolphin
notnobody
I stopped posting my server on this website as I'm tired of getting kids from it that lie about their age and then proceed to be nothing but a nuisance on my server.
01/13/2014 12:38 pm
QuadMonkey
Wow, this went crazy... lol.

Anyway, I just had another player join and start going crazy because he couldn't be staff. Seriously... typing 'F&*K THIS SERVER' and over again is not a type of staff application...
01/13/2014 12:26 pm
Level 74 : Legendary uwu
TheOfficialNano
VirtualRunnerI'm starting to think that people can't read or they only see what they want to see.

I mean, when you advertise your server you ALWAYS get the noobs joining and within 30 secs they ask who the owner is and whether they can be staff.

This is further worsened by the fact that people start servers and then go on the forums asking for staff; meaning these server owners are quite happy to appoint players they do not know as staff and give the free reign over their server.

Perhaps someone could enlighten me here? lol

^
01/13/2014 11:55 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Warrior
notfegel
*kid joins the game*
"hello will u build with me plleeasse im only 9?????????????????????????"
"no kid go build with ur momma"
"shut up"
"what?"
"i said shut up -no-"
"that's kinda harsh for your age"
"I SAID SHUT UP"
"whoooooooa that is some harsh language"
"and your a -nonono-"
"look why are you abusing me?"
"just -stopthat- man"
"if i -stop-, sir, chris hansen will be at my doorstep in 2.5 seconds"
"-no-"
"if i -nono-, sir, chris hansen would have me in handcuffs in about 3 seconds"
"yeah serves you right"
"what did I do?"
"-:I-"
"i never did such a thing..."
"IM GONNA REPORT U TO NOTCH, -no-"
"for what?"
"FOR -no-!"
*kid ragequits*
01/13/2014 11:45 am
QuadMonkey
It's not just me then!

I think it is funny that so many still do it. Which also means that there must be servers out there where the ops go 'Okay, sure I'll make you staff!' or else why would they constantly ask?

One sure fire way to NOT get staff position on my server.... is to ask for a staff position... lol.
01/13/2014 11:39 am
Level 39 : Artisan Cake
cakeface
This happens lots to me: someone joins: yello im 5 wil u bild wih me
I'm like "Poo, not another one!"

01/13/2014 11:33 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
Zacminer2000
Well the Noobs you cant really help, some a quite young (some too young infact)
But the owner and unknown staff, is a bit naff, I'd appoint my close friends first, then see who is accually worthy of Trial mod, then if their good, Mod and a new trial and so on
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome