Whats Wrong with Trolling?

Franksta's Avatar Franksta11/16/11 8:45 pm
11/18/2011 12:57 pm
Dimitri2012's Avatar Dimitri2012
OK
just to get things straight and clear whats wrong with trolling?
and what the worst kind of trolling?

and no hate please?
Franksta
Level 14 : Journeyman Pokemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/18/2011 12:57 pm
Level 42 : Master Cake
Dimitri2012
Trolling like this:

or like this:
I HATE UR LIFE!!11111
?
11/18/2011 12:19 pm
Level 26 : Expert Miner
Excision
Trolling is fun but don't go massive-insult-hate-ish.
11/18/2011 10:27 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
ZachShreds
"Have you read his latest post? And have you read all of Franksta's posts? Yeah, it's a troll."

I said that I thought it was, but what I am saying is that at first glance or when the post first went up you couldn't tell. I'm not that stupid I know it is but in the beginning you couldn't be for certain and that's why I posted because it happens all the time and is obnoxious how ignorant people are.

I know it is a troll though.;D
11/17/2011 9:05 pm
Level 24 : Expert Explorer
Pownage
I feel this whole thread is a troll thread, and I am also not too fond of the way Franksta is responding to all these posts... He is acting like he is the only smart one here and that only he is right...
11/17/2011 9:02 pm
Level 21 : Expert Spelunker
gogglebot
How could he have made his picture thing so well if he had dyslexia. My cousin has dyslexia, i know about this kinda stuff and personally when i was younger i was inches from being classed as having dyslexia. Even I troll occasionally, when its obvious its a joke because something is just too good to miss, like one of you said, or if i make a perfectly clear sentence and someone trolls, i own em with my superior knowledge of basic english language.

END OF THREAD
11/17/2011 8:30 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Narwhal
brandman
ZachShreds:!: Finally! someone understands! It's insane how some people are so ignorant and jump to conclusions like that. Well, to be honest, I think it is trolling, but to jump to that without thinking of other possibilities is very harsh. I mean there are TONS of different minor mental disorders (like dyslexia, Aspergers, and sometimes just stupidity like you said though I doubt it). I mean people get on the internet to escape their lives even if they have trouble socializing (like aspergers) it is sad and pathetic what extent some people go to just convince other people that "the whole thread is a major troll" so he doesn't get an answer because people because of that single reply to the thread. It is possible for it to be a troll but I would keep the other options in mind I don't want to upset a dyslexic, but actually really nice, kid just because he was confused.

Have you read his latest post? And have you read all of Franksta's posts? Yeah, it's a troll.
11/17/2011 4:20 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
ZachShreds
JustaFleshWound
brandmanWell, look back at your reply to Twebdude's post. You said it hurt you. That is what is wrong. It is ment to offend, hurt, and insult people in any way possible.

your answer hurts mah head (a.k.a makes you think ;D)
I don't understand how you need to think about this.

Twebdude trolled. It insulted you.
^
^
That is why trolling is wrong.

This whole thread is a major troll. He's trolling us by acting dumb, where as we jump through hoops to get him to understand what is obvious, so he can get teh lulz. Just leave this thread alone and let him lul, because it's all he wants to be good for in this community.

Ouch. How do you know that? How do you know that he is not some kid with screwed up morale due to bad parenting, and dyslexia which makes it hard for him to understand basic concepts? That or he is just a curious, but stupid, kid. Or he is trolling. Still though, you dont know anything for sure. At least, you don't know anything for sure over the internet.
Finally! someone understands! It's insane how some people are so ignorant and jump to conclusions like that. Well, to be honest, I think it is trolling, but to jump to that without thinking of other possibilities is very harsh. I mean there are TONS of different minor mental disorders (like dyslexia, Aspergers, and sometimes just stupidity like you said though I doubt it). I mean people get on the internet to escape their lives even if they have trouble socializing (like aspergers) it is sad and pathetic what extent some people go to just convince other people that "the whole thread is a major troll" so he doesn't get an answer because people because of that single reply to the thread. It is possible for it to be a troll but I would keep the other options in mind I don't want to upset a dyslexic, but actually really nice, kid just because he was confused.
11/17/2011 3:49 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Caveman
TwebDude
see when I said that thing it hurt your feelings that's trolling, that's even a minor troll there are much bigger trolls
11/17/2011 6:07 am
Level 82 : Elite Architect
lynchyinc
i think the point of trolling is you can hide behind your computer, if you said the typical things a troll says to someone in the street you'd end up getting knocked the f**k out
11/17/2011 6:04 am
brandman
JustaFleshWoundAnd so it becomes official. This thread is a troll, like I initially thought. I regret trying to take this seriously.

I told you this like 3 pages ago lol. I can understand you wanting to take your time with serious concern, but I could identify it way earlier, and kept on seeing signs of it later on in the thread, but oh well. At least we all tried, with what we though was a noble cause.
11/16/2011 10:38 pm
Level 23 : Expert Mage
Scotlockify
This thread is troll heaven. But yeah trolling isn't good.
11/16/2011 10:32 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist
Erik_waistintime
It's funny because majority of people on this topic are trolling.
You all obviously hate him for his question, therefore all of your responses will be filled with hate.

Now, for my opinion.
Trolling is only bad when you can't take a joke, or if the troll is mildly retarded. If you are a competent human being, and a troll, you probably will know when to stop the joke. On the other hand, many trolls are mildly retarded, so some jokes go too far.

Personally, I only troll those who do wrong to me or others, my good friends (that know I'm kidding), and when it's just too funny to pass up.
11/16/2011 10:29 pm
Level 27 : Expert Scribe
JustaFleshWound
Franksta
RandomPanda0
FrankstaMy name is Franksta and I'm in a quote! (4 embedded quotes unallowed.

umm... none of my posts make sense?
RandomPanda0
Then start making sense. You ask a big question, and just end up doing what the topic is about.

PS. If the KKK asked not to be hated on, they wouldn't be called people... bad things.

whats a kkk?

And so it becomes official. This thread is a troll, like I initially thought. I regret trying to take this seriously.
11/16/2011 10:24 pm
Franksta
YAY!!!1!
11/16/2011 10:21 pm
Level 26 : Expert Engineer
RandomPanda0
Franksta
RandomPanda0

RandomPanda0
Then start making sense. You ask a big question, and just end up doing what the topic is about.

PS. If the KKK asked not to be hated on, they wouldn't be called people... bad things.

whats a kkk?

This is where I stop responding to you.
11/16/2011 10:18 pm
RandomPanda0

umm... none of my posts make sense?[/quote]

11/16/2011 10:16 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Tunnelthunder
OK well sorry for the hate when you asked for no hate even though i hoped to just make a point and progress people to quit posting before you got hated on too much as that is where tons of post like this seem to go dont know what has gone wrong with forums but in short sorry
11/16/2011 10:18 pm
Franksta
Its okay bro I forgiven and forgets and stuff
11/16/2011 10:05 pm
Franksta
UGH what!? did i really say that? ^^^^
I think i need to go watch more mlp

i leave you with this
[attachment=0]<attachment unavailable>[/attachment]
11/16/2011 9:49 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Tunnelthunder
wait he said his question was answered on page 3 so why ppl keep on posting? just stop wait me posting f to get my message i have to put a message dont reply to this
11/16/2011 9:57 pm
Franksta
its been really depressing me all that i wanted to get across by starting this thread is that troll doesn't necessarily mean hurting people
it can be used to lighten a mood to boo another troll
etc ect whatever...

nothing worse than being called a troll?
wrong
worse is when you believe it

i have really lost my happy-go-lucky attitude
11/16/2011 10:10 pm
RandomPanda0
This post makes little to no sense.

-Firstly you ask a question 'What is wrong with trolling'
-Now you say you are attempting to get a point across saying nothing is wrong with it, that it can lighten the mood.

-Then, you say that nothing is worse than being called a troll. Especially when you believe it.

-You've lost your happy-go-lucky attitude probably because you don't understand what the answer is and now you have become confused and question what is means to troll.
11/16/2011 10:13 pm
Franksta
11/16/2011 10:20 pm
Franksta
RandomPanda0

whats a kkk?
11/16/2011 9:48 pm
Franksta
s15c
Frankstain a way your right
not that im agreeing with you

You, sir, have just managed to make zero sense.
"In a way you're right that 2+2=4, but that doesn't mean I agree with the statement."
"In a way you're right that puppies are cute, but that doesn't mean I agree that puppies are cute."

It doesn't work. Try again xD

after reading your first reply i decided not to read this one
~ sincerely troll
11/16/2011 9:47 pm
JustaFleshWound
s15c
Frankstain a way your right

"In a way you're right that 2+2=4, but that doesn't mean I agree with the statement."
"In a way you're right that puppies are cute, but that doesn't mean I agree that puppies are cute."

You beat me to it.
11/16/2011 9:46 pm
Franksta
s15cWhat I saw when I read this thread-
FrankstaWhy is upsetting people on purpose to gain attention or popularity bad?

EveryoneUse your brain, it's common sense.

FrankstaThat was mean.

Everyone while talking to everyone but FrankstaWell... I guess he's a troll or something...

FrankstaThat was mean.

Which leads into me agreeing with this-
JustaFleshWoundOuch. How do you know that? How do you know that he is not some kid with screwed up morale due to bad parenting, and dyslexia which makes it hard for him to understand basic concepts? That or he is just a curious, but stupid, kid. Or he is trolling. Still though, you dont know anything for sure. At least, you don't know anything for sure over the internet.

Dyslexia doesn't change understanding, it just makes reading things harder. But I pretty much agree with this, there's not really another option (well one... but I'm not going to say it).

LOL this is quite funny
i award you with one free internet
(but seriously... nice)
11/16/2011 9:44 pm
JustaFleshWound
s15c
Dyslexia doesn't change understanding, it just makes reading things harder.

That is the major effect, but my sister is dyslexic, and some very simple concepts will go right over her head. Although, I highly doubt that is the cause of his misunderstanding.
11/16/2011 9:42 pm
Level 45 : Master Enderdragon
s15c
What I saw when I read this thread-
FrankstaWhy is upsetting people on purpose to gain attention or popularity bad?

EveryoneUse your brain, it's common sense.

FrankstaThat was mean.

Everyone while talking to everyone but FrankstaWell... I guess he's a troll or something...

FrankstaThat was mean.

Which leads into me agreeing with this-
JustaFleshWoundOuch. How do you know that? How do you know that he is not some kid with screwed up morale due to bad parenting, and dyslexia which makes it hard for him to understand basic concepts? That or he is just a curious, but stupid, kid. Or he is trolling. Still though, you dont know anything for sure. At least, you don't know anything for sure over the internet.

Dyslexia doesn't change understanding, it just makes reading things harder. But I pretty much agree with this, there's not really another option (well one... but I'm not going to say it).
11/16/2011 9:40 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dolphin
notnobody
Frank... I read all your replies... and you seem as the troll asking why do you have so many haters on you.
._.
11/16/2011 9:43 pm
Franksta
in a way your right
11/16/2011 9:46 pm
Level 45 : Master Enderdragon
s15c

JustaFleshWoundThat is the major effect, but my sister is dyslexic, and some very simple concepts will go right over her head. Although, I highly doubt that is the cause of his misunderstanding.

Well I'll be d**ned.
11/16/2011 9:36 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Pixel Painter
creeper_in_a_bikinni
trolling is sad and childish moderates need to be strict because this forum might turn into 4chan (trolls are hertfulll and no one dose nothing about it
11/16/2011 9:33 pm
Franksta
JustaFleshWound
brandmanWell, look back at your reply to Twebdude's post. You said it hurt you. That is what is wrong. It is ment to offend, hurt, and insult people in any way possible.

^
^

This whole thread is a major troll. He's trolling us by acting dumb, where as we jump through hoops to get him to understand what is obvious, so he can get teh lulz. Just leave this thread alone and let him lul, because it's all he wants to be good for in this community.

Ouch. How do you know that? How do you know that he is not some kid with screwed up morale due to bad parenting, and dyslexia which makes it hard for him to understand basic concepts? That or he is just a curious, but stupid, kid. Or he is trolling. Still though, you dont know anything for sure. At least, you don't know anything for sure over the internet.

wow that stung a bit... but im fine
11/16/2011 9:31 pm
Franksta
Wet_Willy
brandmanwhere as we jump through hoops

That made me lol, because sonic jumps through hoops ;D

i lol'd too
11/16/2011 9:31 pm
JustaFleshWound

^
^

11/16/2011 9:28 pm
Level 29 : Expert Nerd
Wet_Willy
brandmanwhere as we jump through hoops

That made me lol, because sonic jumps through hoops ;D
11/16/2011 9:22 pm
Franksta
brandman
FrankstaWhat?

What do you mean what? Do you not understand? Do you disagree? What do you mean what???

why do you ask? did it hurt your feelings?
11/16/2011 9:21 pm
Wet_Willy
What's wrong with trolling, is that you're insulting others purposefully in front of the whole community to see.
You make the person mad, that's bad, therefore, trolling is bad.
Asking what's wrong with trolling is kind of a stupid question though (no trolling intended) but there's just too much. You shouldn't infuriate someone just because you can do it, and get away completely unscathed. It's a horrible, shady, immature thing to do. The troll himself is a very large jackass, because he would not act this way in front of others in the real world, but in the virtual world, he's/she's some buff man/woman that has nothing to be scared of.
And don't call trolling humorous or funny or whatever you think it is, even if its towards someone else. To say it's funny, motivates the troller, to troll even more.

Was this a satisfactory answer you lusted for?
11/16/2011 9:23 pm
Franksta
kinda :/
11/16/2011 9:26 pm
Wet_Willy
You are kinda welcome then ;D
11/16/2011 9:19 pm
brandman
FrankstaWhat?

What do you mean what? Do you not understand? Do you disagree? What do you mean what???
11/16/2011 9:17 pm
JustaFleshWound
SourC00kie
dabosstr0ll3rPMC SUCKZ MAH BAWLZ. IM LEAVIN ND EVERYBODY LOVES ME SO I HOPE U ALL CRY WHEN I LEVE

These are just SOME examples of trolling and why it's annoying and bad. Stay away from trolling, it will do you good.

I laughed at that last one. I'm fine with people announcing that they are leaving, but condecending the site and qq'ing to get sympathy is just pathetic and annoying. Made my day.
Franksta
brandman
Franksta
TwebDudeOmg I agree with Jacknoory, Justafleshwound, etc.
If you don't mean harm or even any kind of negative content but it hurts someones feelings isn't trolling it's just an "oops" accident

did i say i disagree with them... no no i didnt

But you troll so it would appear that you are against those members.

Frankstai dont get the second part...

He was agreeably hard to understand.

Franksta
TwebDudeWow Franksta you only think of yourself

that fricken hurts dude im just looking for an anwser
are you trying your best to insult me?
cause it worked

Why are you trying to look good here? ^^^ You offend people all the time, and ironically, you responded selfishly. How do you think people feel after you or someone else has trolled them?

What?
11/16/2011 9:16 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Pixel Painter
creeper_in_a_bikinni
1. it herts people
2.its so annoying
3. very immature and sad just don't do it.

And thats my answer to your question
11/16/2011 9:15 pm
Franksta
SourC00kie
IMaTrOLLERzI dun lik this. dislike!!111!

TrollerzAREfunUr a f***ing dipwad!!!!111one!

SP4MFERl1f3SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPM SPAMS SP4M I LIK SPAM

dabosstr0ll3rPMC SUCKZ MAH BAWLZ. IM LEAVIN ND EVERYBODY LOVES ME SO I HOPE U ALL CRY WHEN I LEVE

These are just SOME examples of trolling and why it's annoying and bad. Stay away from trolling, it will do you good.

Thank you for giving an answer
11/16/2011 9:15 pm
Level 49 : Master uwu
Jack
To put it simply franksta, EVERYTHING is wrong with trolling.
Franksta
I like this answer the best
11/16/2011 9:14 pm
brandman
Franksta
TwebDudeOmg I agree with Jacknoory, Justafleshwound, etc.
If you don't mean harm or even any kind of negative content but it hurts someones feelings isn't trolling it's just an "oops" accident

did i say i disagree with them... no no i didnt

But you troll so it would appear that you are against those members.

Frankstai dont get the second part...

He was agreeably hard to understand.

Franksta
TwebDudeWow Franksta you only think of yourself

that fricken hurts dude im just looking for an anwser
are you trying your best to insult me?
cause it worked

Why are you trying to look good here? ^^^ You offend people all the time, and ironically, you responded selfishly. How do you think people feel after you or someone else has trolled them?
11/16/2011 9:11 pm
Level 49 : Master uwu
Jack
and if you start abusing said person by calling them offensive names, you start going into flamer territory
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome