Where I've been...

Cipher_Punk's Avatar Cipher_Punk2/15/12 10:14 pm
2/16/2012 6:49 pm
Happybandaid's Avatar Happybandaid
Hey guys. Been a bit, I didn't leave you for good. 2012 has been trying very hard to make me believe in that Mayan doomsday prophecy. In the past month and a half, more crap has happened than even someone as pessimistic as me could have been ready for.

What started out as a minor pain around Christmas turned into a herniated disc in my cervical spine (where the neck meets the shoulders) that is now applying pressure to the main nerves in my right arm. I'm in physical therapy for that, but it ain't pretty. There has not been a moment I have not been in physical pain since the year started. If it doesn't get better, I'm going to need surgery, or I chance the nerves becoming so inflamed that my entire right arm becomes un-useable. The good news is that it is getting slightly better - the bad news is that the pain should have dissipated already, which my therapist does not sound very positive about.

On New Years, a neighbor decided to drive home drunk and slammed into my car. They didn't have insurance, and my insurance (as it turns out) doesn't cover what happens if I am not IN my vehicle, so I had to pay out of pocket for the damages. That set me back a bit.

About three weeks ago, a power surge killed my tower. My surge protector was apparently rather old, and when my PSU went out, it took my mobo, RAM, and GPU out with it. I had ordered parts to build a new one (and in fact had been saving up to do just that) but I apparently got shipped a bad processor - the board I was using (Asus P8P67 <3) lit up the processor failure light as soon as I connected power and the machine failed to reach post. I'm currently waiting for the return to process so I can afford a new one. Right now I'm borrowing a tower from a friend for school, but it's not exactly up to par with my standards and won't run even the adobe suite I need for my classes or work. Plus it feels weird - like crashing on a friend's sofa for an extended period of time or taking the bus while your car is in the shop.

My hours have been increased at work, which puts me at about 50 hours a week right now while pilot programs go on for the courses I helped develop (I work in the virtual campus office of my college). The hours should be reduced to normal in about two weeks.

One of my old clients convinced me to take over as his webadmin again, so I'm essentially working 2 full time jobs and even with all that, I'm still attending as a full-time student this semester (taking mostly online classes or hybrid with lecture), so I've been trying to stay on top of those while the rest of this all goes on.

So, here's my apology for not being around, I'll come back one day at least to help out a bit and chat, but right now I really just don't have the time or patience for anything, busy busy busy trying to fix everything and get on top of my schedule.

I <3 you all, here's a picture of some corgis in a bathtub to cheer everyone up (I know it's hard when I'm not around).

Cipher_Punk
Retired Moderator
Level 80 : Elite Grump

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/16/2012 6:49 pm
Level 44 : Master Scribe
Happybandaid
"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom."
- General George S. Patton

Best bet - become an alchemist, sacrifice your arm for a bunch of money, find a hot girlfriend who specializes in mechanical limb replacement. ;) Bingo.
02/16/2012 4:57 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Hunter
Ploopyandproud
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Hope your feeling better.... | |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
From Ploopy | |
| |
| |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
02/16/2012 4:57 pm
Level 45 : Master Blob
SourC00kie
Thought I would pop back in too. For the time being. Hi.

Btw, get well Studz. As Carole said, you are a tough bugger. Or booger.
02/16/2012 4:50 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
*gives Studs hugs*

You're a tough bugger, I'll give you that! thank you for letting us know you're still alive. I start to worry after a while.
02/16/2012 4:38 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Necromancer
Tairan
Why are you apologising? We all understand when people aren't on and you have a lot of problems so you should deal with what matters.
02/16/2012 4:42 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Mage
Knote7
exactly.
02/16/2012 4:31 pm
Cipher_Punk
Not really my thing but I appreciate the offer. I'm kinda big on working through things myself - you don't get better at the game by having your friends play for you, you know?

Also, tomorrow will be spent constructing my new tower, can't wait to get it online - so I'll at least be on skype and chat a bit more, until everything else calms down (and maybe around the forums while attempting to distract myself from schoolwork).
02/16/2012 4:27 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Mage
Knote7
dont be sorry bro! i'll pray for u, if u believe in stuff like that.
02/16/2012 4:23 pm
Cipher_Punk
I saw Paril's program after noticing WhtDragon's comments about the editor on her skins and went looking to see if there was a better toolkit out. Then I figured Paril was too awesome a guy to leave on MCF, so I did my best to bring him here, where it's better.
02/16/2012 2:40 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Blob
Nox Aeterna
Welcome back Stud! Hope you eventually get better
02/16/2012 2:23 pm
Level 41 : Master Dragonborn
Mr_DuDe2001
Haha, i googled the program. Very simple.
02/16/2012 2:19 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
Hope we get to see you more soon Stud - you were the first moderator I ever came in contact with, and I owe you everything for ever getting me started on this site. Glad things are working out better for you now!

-P
02/16/2012 2:21 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Hero
Sneeze7
Lol i think i remember, Stud was on the chat for what it seemed 24 hours xD pretty AFK though, He told all of us about your program, i didnt like it back then, but now that ive ACTUALLY tried it i love it :3

But Stud was the one who showed me your program too :3
02/16/2012 2:39 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
Actually it was before I even knew the site was here - if I remember correctly we contacted each other via Skype from MinecraftForums (it's been a long time so I can't remember exactly).

-P
02/16/2012 1:14 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Archer
JetWolf
Man! Yikes! That sounds horrible!

Dude, from the voices of the thousands on PMC, GET WELL SOON! I wanna see you back here! Good luck, mate, and as I said get well soon, good luck with your arm and pc and things like that, gl with everything really, try not to get too stressed out that never helps, as you probably knew, lol.

See you later, I hope, dude.

JetWolf
02/16/2012 12:41 pm
Level 42 : Master Lad
rageman96
Thats nasty man, i had a tumor on my cervical spine, i lost the use of my right arm, so i know what your going through, still, stay strong and fight on, and nice to see you back around here
02/16/2012 2:56 am
Level 40 : Master Pixel Puncher
stiggybird
Holy shit mate sorry to hear about all ur bad luck. Hope you pull thru everything and it all gets back to normal for u.
Stiggybird
02/16/2012 2:44 am
Level 36 : Artisan Network
Charlizard
Been wondering where you were, haven't seen you active in the contests.
Hope you pull through and everything gets better
02/16/2012 2:30 am
Level 32 : Artisan Pokemon
gangstahboy632
Man i hope you get fine soon
02/16/2012 2:29 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Hero
Sneeze7
We've all missed you! Welcome back, I hope to see you in chat :3
02/16/2012 2:34 am
Cipher_Punk
Not back yet, just popping in. It was one of those nights where I thought I had a lot of homework to do, so I chugged an energy drink... only to find that my assignments were much simpler this time, and now here I am all jacked up on caffeine unable to sleep. Trying to balance it with gratuitous amounts of whiskey and "The IT crowd" but I have to be careful because I have to be at work again in about six and a half hours.

I think this is called living the dream or something I dunno.
02/16/2012 12:42 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Taco
kacboy
<3

Hope you get to keep your arm!!!!! D:
02/16/2012 2:22 am
Cipher_Punk
Me too - or that I can volunteer for some sort of top-secret experimental bionic arm-replacement experimental program. I would be happy with that, too.

Ooh and girl trouble, too, but that's really the least of my worries right now and seems to have sorted itself out (for the most part). I'm back with my Heather, there was just a rather strange period of time when she was being weird and I started dating another girl and yeah the whole thing was just a mess.
02/16/2012 2:05 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Mage
Lycandar
Hope things go your way more from now on (Always go with couldn't get any worse, but i don't know if you'd be tempting fate xD)

Things can't be that bad if worst case scenario BIONIC ARM! ^^

But seriously hope to see you back soon
02/15/2012 11:08 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Toast
SoulStealer
I've been wondering why you haven't been on Skype and PMC much lately.

Hope you sort it all out! Remember through tough times the PMC Staff loves you <3

Best of luck
02/15/2012 11:06 pm
Level 21 : Expert Network
Evans
I'm really sorry to hear about all of this. Best wishes.
02/15/2012 11:02 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Palaeos
Sorry to hear you've been having IRL issues, can't wait til you are back once you have the chance.
02/15/2012 10:35 pm
Level 28 : Expert Elf
Antiqua
It sucks to hear about all the bad shoop happening to you, but it's absolutely FANTASTICALLY GREATLY WONDERFULLY AWESOMENESS to hear you're being the fighter we all know you are and getting through all your hard times.

We'll be here waiting for you when your life slows down a little bit, I for one know how hard it is.

We miss and love you and you better get well soon or else. >:{
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome