Don't know what to get

clionbear11's Avatar clionbear117/24/14 9:14 am
7/24/2014 12:40 pm
BoomTownMC's Avatar BoomTownMC
I want to make a server for me and 3 or 4 friends to play on, but when I followed the instructions online my computer didn't do what it was supposed to do. So, now I would like to buy a server from Beastnode but I don't know which one I should get. I would like for my server to be modded. website:https://www.beastnode.com/minecraft.html
clionbear11
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/24/2014 12:40 pm
Level 28 : Expert Architect
BoomTownMC
I cannot speak for BeastNode servers, but I have used ExodusHosting multiple times. I would highly recommend getting one from there.

Since these are hosted in a datacenter, on powerful servers and networks, you should not have many issues. The only thing you need to worry about is the ram, what mods you run, and that the company doesn't oversell/fill their physical servers. Balancing those things will give you great performance.

3-5 Players - Standard MC Jar - No Mods - 768Mb ram should do fine. (lower the servers visibility settings for best performance) - BeastNode Cow Plan

3-5 Players - CraftBukkit Jar - Few Plugins - 1Gb Minimum - Again, modify visibility if needed for performance - BeastNode Spider Plan

3-5 Players - Tekkit Jar /Unleash the beast / equivalent - 1.5Gb minimum - Again, modify visibility for performance. - BeastNode Zombie Plan

Personally, I have used all of the scenarios I depicted above with no issues or lag. Even with all 5 players, sometimes more, on at the same time. Bear in mind, this is the minimum I would recommend for each case. I am currently using the 768Mb package from ExodusHosting as a vanilla survival server with my friends. We have zero lag all the time.

Oh yeah, and if you just want vanilla/standard MC, I recommend using the spigot jar for a bit better performance.

Any other questions, or need a better explanation, just ask or PM me.
Anthony
Thegun2
BoomTownMC
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome