Heavens Wizardry (Need Name) WIP Game *Inexperienced GameDev

sippiboy's Avatar sippiboy2/28/15 12:15 pm
3/4/2015 6:08 pm
Jedi's Avatar Jedi
Hello I am Sippiboy!

I recently have had some inspiration for developing a game! This is one of my first major programming tasks so I am not looking to make a full blown game, but i do hope to create a nice game that maybe in the future can become a full blown game.
I am developing this game in YoYoGames GameMaker. I choose this engine for its simplicity and its easy use.
What i hope to create is a cool game with a nice terrain generation I want to incorporate magic as a main focus in the game, have towns that spawn with small questing NPC's and more!
Right now I have a cool randomly generating Floating island terrain with character movement and collisions. I also started adding in a block breaking system.
Any suggestions on what you wanted added to this forum, please put it in the comments, also i am taking name and feature suggestions!

Here are some spoilers:

Features currently being worked on
- Block breaking system
- Enemies (Movement, AI, Collisions, etc)
- Ore generation
- Maybe Start on Villages/Towns

Screenshots

Thanks for reading!
sippiboy
Level 26 : Expert Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/28/2015 11:09 pm
sippiboy
I am currently working on some features, but so far i made a simple breaking animation and now all i need to do is play around with the code for breaking the block because i can only break when the cursor is in the bottom right corner of a block. Also i ran into a bug where when i break a block, it has a chance of making a new one in its place so i am going to try to figure that out.
03/04/2015 6:08 pm
Level 29 : Expert Artist
Jedi
Make sure on the sprite the center is at 16x16.
02/28/2015 1:59 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Warrior
serdarminecraft
The graphics look JUST like the game called TheSandbox
02/28/2015 4:59 pm
sippiboy
Ill look at it, but i haven't really focused on the graphics , i have been focusing on the island generation and some other stuff. For example, the character is obviously not going to be a redbox, ill have to make one and add some animations
02/28/2015 1:23 pm
sippiboy
Thanks for the positive feedback and i totally did not know you could only have 20 objects! I will have to look into a paid version thanks! Also i fixed the Screenshots
02/28/2015 12:42 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Warrior
serdarminecraft
I thought this was a 3d game before i saw the screenshoots. Well still looks great
02/28/2015 1:16 pm
Jedi
I knew instantly it was 2D when he said gamemaker studio.
02/28/2015 12:28 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1820037
[deleted]
02/28/2015 12:28 pm
Jedi
sippiboyHello I am Sippiboy!

I recently have had some inspiration for developing a game! This is one of my first major programming tasks so I am not looking to make a full blown game, but i do hope to create a nice game that maybe in the future can become a full blown game.
I am developing this game in YoYoGames GameMaker. I choose this engine for its simplicity and its easy use.
What i hope to create is a cool game with a nice terrain generation I want to incorporate magic as a main focus in the game, have towns that spawn with small questing NPC's and more!
Right now I have a cool randomly generating Floating island terrain with character movement and collisions. I also started adding in a block breaking system.
Any suggestions on what you wanted added to this forum, please put it in the comments, also i am taking name and feature suggestions!

Here are some spoilers:

Features currently being worked on
- Block breaking system
- Enemies (Movement, AI, Collisions, etc)
- Ore generation
- Maybe Start on Villages/Towns

Screenshots

Thanks for reading!

I wonder where I've heard the term "Game development log".. Totally must be original.

But congrats! If you don't have the paid version of GMK your gonna need to upgrade. There can only be 20 objects in your game with Free.
02/28/2015 12:27 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Ranger
madmax3004
Use imgur for the pictures.
02/28/2015 12:23 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1820037
[deleted]
02/28/2015 12:24 pm
sippiboy
I think the website is being wonky, it keeps going offline for me if it is not fixed i'll fix it
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome