Good PC For Minecraft, Good FPS On Top Quality?

MCFlameCraft's Avatar MCFlameCraft12/3/13 1:28 pm
1 emeralds 333 8
12/3/2013 4:17 pm
Paril's Avatar Paril
Hello, today I wanted to get a brand new gaming pc, which would be just amazing at Minecraft. I want it too have good FPS, even when recording. Sometimes when I record, its fine then fall downs then goes back up etc, so basically I want it to be a stable, high FPS even when recording. I want it to have high FPS, on the highest or middle highest settings on Minecraft, im looking at around 150 - 200? My budget it quite low, maybe the max is £450 - £500. I also want it too be quite fast for other stuff, like doing general stuff on the computer, YouTube, Facebook etc. Thanks for helping

If you could help me out here and would like to, please link me below

Thank You!
MCFlameCraft
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/03/2013 4:17 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
Kaev
VeryMadCrafter
Fadeshot_NetworkThe computer doesn't matter as much. It's more about the graphics card. I got my computer for £550 and with the default crappy graphics card I get about 400-450 FPS. I'm hoping to get a new one soon!

CPU not the graphic card gives you fps.

Minecraft indeed uses CPU > GPU. But most of the time on other games, it would be GPU of course.

There is always going to be a bottleneck. You're all right & wrong in your own ways. If your CPU isn't good enough, operations like compiling VBOs won't be quick enough to send to the GPU. If your GPU isn't good enough, it won't be able to display the lists quickly enough and will pause the program while it finishes up the frame. If the RAM isn't good enough, read/write operations will be too slow to have the CPU keep up with it during the compile phase, which happens every frame.

Every piece has its own part.

-P
12/03/2013 3:41 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
AntAntJvery old screens are often 30Hz

60 Hz has been the standard since the first CRTs came out.
12/03/2013 3:34 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Architect
Fadeshot_Network
The computer doesn't matter as much. It's more about the graphics card. I got my computer for £550 and with the default crappy graphics card I get about 400-450 FPS. I'm hoping to get a new one soon!
12/03/2013 3:47 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme
VeryMadCrafter
CPU not the graphic card gives you fps.
12/03/2013 4:13 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
Kaev
Minecraft indeed uses CPU > GPU. But most of the time on other games, it would be GPU of course.

Back on topic. Like other people have said, 150 - 200 fps is useless. Sure, it's good to have a little more fps, to have fps to spare for recording, but 150 - 200 is over the top. But if this computer is for Minecraft, and Minecraft ONLY, invest it a really good CPU, Java uses a lot of it. If you are going to be playing other games though, it would be GPU > CPU.
12/03/2013 3:01 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme
VeryMadCrafter
Gaming computers usually cost more. Look around the local shops.
12/03/2013 2:59 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
AntAntJ
You really don't need to be running at 150-200 FPS, even if you get one of the best monitors out there, you will only need 120 FPS, if you want a laptop you will only need 60 FPS. This is all about the refresh rate on the monitor, very old screens are often 30Hz, , most monitors are 60Hz and some are 120Hz. If you have a higher FPS than your monitor's refresh rate, it won't render these extra frames to the monitor, it physically can't.
12/03/2013 2:47 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Apparently the Microsoft Surface Pro 2 can record Minecraft at a steady 60 FPS. I'm not sure about what the settings were for that, but if a tablet computer can record at 60 frames, most new computers out there should do what you want one to do. Look for a desktop computer with 8+ GB of RAM (which is not much by today's standards, but is actually more than enough for most things), and an i5 or i7 processor. If the computer doesn't have a dedicated graphics card, grab one for $100 to $250 from Newegg or Amazon, and you'll be set.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome