Good GPU Companies?

Find Them Creepers's Avatar Find Them Creepers7/28/14 2:18 pm
1 emeralds 351 8
7/28/2014 3:52 pm
DaRealMcCoy's Avatar DaRealMcCoy
I was wondering what some good GPU manufacturers are. I don't mean like AMD or Nvidia, I mean like XFX or Sapphire. My question is, which GPU manufacturer is good, and which is bad?
I've been wanting to get an R9 280X as a GPU

Slightly off-topic from my other question:
Also if you could tell me the pros and cons of The GeForce series GPUs and The R9 GPUs, that would be great. (No personal opinions on this one)
Find Them Creepers
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/28/2014 3:52 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Architect
DaRealMcCoy
For AMD cards i like Sapphire, i have a Sapphire R9 280x and they have great cooling and good customer support.
07/28/2014 3:21 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Ladybug
McJackson3180
If you're getting an NVIDIA card you should look into EVGA and Gigabyte, I loved my gigabyte and my current EVGA 770, the ACX cooling keeps my 770 at 60-67C on bf4 ultra
07/28/2014 3:35 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
DrStrad
Yes I also have an EVGA 770, but I got mine when litecoin miners were everywhere and AMD prices were inflated. Now that prices have returned to normal, AMD cards are cheaper for the same performance and sometimes cheaper for better performance.
07/28/2014 3:28 pm
Find Them Creepers
Nah, I'd prefer AMD, but that's just me.
07/28/2014 2:35 pm
DrStrad
There is nothing truly bad about any GPU manufacturer except for Visiontek but that's because I haven't seen much information about them. The only difference you'll find in manufacturers is their cooling ability, because that is the only thing they modify from the original design. In the more extreme cases, like the ROG Matrix GPUs from Asus, the Lightning from MSI, and the Classified/K|ngp|n edition from EVGA have a much higher overclock than factory. There is also no reason to not go with AMD GPUs as they have all the features nVidia does but cost much less.
07/28/2014 2:40 pm
Find Them Creepers
Alright, thanks for that information, but what would you say are manufacturers with the best cooling/quality? I know Sapphire has good cooling, XFX has excellent support, etc.,
07/28/2014 2:48 pm
DrStrad
Powercolours PCS+ is one of the best coolers for the money, but for quality and customer support I'd have to give it to EVGA. The type of cooling isn't really looked at unless you want to overclock your card to give it more performance, therefore generating more heat.
07/28/2014 3:14 pm
Find Them Creepers
Alright, cool. Might just go with the XFX R9 280X then.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome