[Skin Palette Contest] - Green and Cyan

koinu's Avatar koinu11/5/14 10:04 am
1 emeralds 4.3k 54
11/25/2014 2:16 am
koinu's Avatar koinu
Ended.
koinu
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/25/2014 2:16 am
koinu
FlaeonEnded.
11/25/2014 2:14 am
koinu
Oop, ended yesterday!
The two entries were:
Prototype Armor (Contest)
Fish Man - Flaeon's Green and Cyan Palette Skin Contest
I think we all agree that Prototype Armor (Contest) was the winner, but very nice skins from both of you, and thanks for participating!

To all those people who hate the palette, don't worry, it'll be different next time
11/17/2014 6:44 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
I might enter.

NotSoSarah2003Can we use our skin colors, or cyan/green for skin?

You can only use colors from the palette:
11/17/2014 6:20 pm
Level 23 : Expert Taco
NotSoSarah2003
Can we use our skin colors, or cyan/green for skin?
11/17/2014 2:31 am
koinu
I thank those who are on my behalf.
Please, everyone, stop complaining about the palette, I know it's 'horrible' but I've already had my fill of complaints and won't do so 'badly' next time.
I already love the entrants, also, the skins will be judged by me instead of rated by diamonds, so don't get on at me about the judging method, it won't be unfair and will be unbiased.
11/17/2014 12:32 am
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
Descripted
Zitzabis
-snipsies for lengthsies-

Here's the thing! These colors aren't challenging to make a skin out of, it's just not fun. There's no creative skin you could make with cyan and neon green. Both of these colors sort of look like they were chosen off the ms paint color palette, making them very unappealing. In my opinion, you should cancel this challenge and create a new one with more fun, and appealing colors.

It may not be a challenge for you, but I can personally say that it would be a challenge for me and quite possibly for others.

You can make something creative.
We learn from our past, even if they might be mistakes. Since entries have come in, the contest probably shouldn't be cancelled.
But to each their own in opinion.
11/16/2014 7:46 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Meme
Allergy_Man
Descripted
Click to reveal
Magicman88999
Finally, someone isn't complaining about the palette! I entirely support you, bro.

If the majority of you can't find something nice to say about the palette, look the other way. Other people have already stated what you said. OP has improved a great deal from the original palette he/she posted. It's a learning process and none of us here started from perfection. We all had to learn. Cut OP a bit of slack.

OP, keep going!

Here's the thing! These colors aren't challenging to make a skin out of, it's just not fun. There's no creative skin you could make with cyan and neon green. Both of these colors sort of look like they were chosen off the ms paint color palette, making them very unappealing. In my opinion, you should cancel this challenge and create a new one with more fun, and appealing colors.
Everyone gets it. Everyone is repeating this over and over. There's no point of saying this, it's just going to make the creator feel bad. I really like what Zabis said, if you haven't read his comment, read it.
11/16/2014 7:10 pm
Level 28 : Expert Network
Descripted
Click to reveal
Magicman88999
Finally, someone isn't complaining about the palette! I entirely support you, bro.

If the majority of you can't find something nice to say about the palette, look the other way. Other people have already stated what you said. OP has improved a great deal from the original palette he/she posted. It's a learning process and none of us here started from perfection. We all had to learn. Cut OP a bit of slack.

OP, keep going!

11/16/2014 10:16 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
Oh wow, how many more of you people are so creative as to say the same thing about the pallet? He gets it, he'll do something else next time. Also, it's a challenge. Not everything is supposed to be nice and perfect. It's supposed to be hard to make a skin with those colors. Thats. The. Point.
11/16/2014 6:51 pm
Zitzabis

OP, keep going!
11/16/2014 10:15 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Dragon
Skitto493
Well, we already know that a lot of people don't like the pallet so stop complaining!

There's 2 entries already and they look surprisingly good.
11/16/2014 10:04 am
Level 35 : Artisan System
xdthomasu
weird palette, no hues, just shiet ;-;
11/16/2014 8:58 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Meme
Allergy_Man
11/16/2014 8:26 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Batman
Paint_Bucket
I dunno about the palette
11/16/2014 2:16 am
Level 40 : Master Button Pusher
Meluii
The palette. Looks. Uh, pretty bad.
Just being honest.
11/15/2014 12:41 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Toast
TheFox_AndTheWolf
Ill enter, but ill need the hexadecimal codes for the colors.
(Example: #cacaff )
11/15/2014 12:35 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
11/15/2014 12:30 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
11/15/2014 9:16 am
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
Palette, imo, is waaaay too "Teen skin jacket" coloured. Try dulling it down a bit and hue shifting?
11/15/2014 8:43 am
Level 45 : Master Sheep
ToadDan
I'll enter.
11/15/2014 8:33 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Artist
DuskRaine
The cyan side of the palette is ok, i guess, but the green... wow... It starts off too light, then gets instantly gets too dark, and the colors dont match.
11/14/2014 8:28 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Taco
Slobodan
Try making a nice palette...
11/15/2014 6:19 am
koinu
Try not being rude to new skinners...
11/15/2014 6:49 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Taco
Slobodan
I'm not being rude.
Btw, Drazile said "That palette is pretty horrible" and you don't complain? (I'm not saying you should, but ya know...)
11/15/2014 9:00 am
Level 29 : Expert Explorer
TheHipster
He probably didn't complain because Drazile has a high level. Levels aren't everything though.
11/15/2014 6:41 am
Level 34 : Artisan Steve
starrynight
It's not rudeness. It's a suggestion. It's quite limited.
11/15/2014 6:23 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Scapegoat
Gab_Cab
It's a legitimate complaint. If you got a hotdog from a stand, and it was terrible, would you not complain because they're "new"?
11/10/2014 6:12 am
koinu
Oh and thank you all for the information, I will strive to be wiser about the next (if I post another one) contest's palette.
11/10/2014 6:10 am
koinu
FlaeonThe contest starts on the 10 November 2014 and ends on the 24 November 2014.

Please note that the contest has begun!
11/09/2014 7:16 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Ludicrous
Eh, palette isn't for my taste.

I'll just join another time.
11/08/2014 10:25 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Dolphin
Patchpen
Dear everyone:
Obnoxious colors are hard to use.
Hard to use colors are a challenge.
A challenge is fun and interesting.

I think it'll be interesting to see what comes out of this.
11/08/2014 10:05 am
Level 26 : Expert Artist
VertziForte
With those colors, they can burn through an industrial table with that intensity.
They look like the two colors you'd go for when you're making your first youtube banner or some diagonal gradient behind a minecraft render or just plain text to make an icon out of.

In general; can you ever see any good skins using those highlighter colors go close to each other?
Although there are no rules and etiquette of creating a palette, is this really pleasing to the eye? Try looking at those colors when you're really tired or if it's 3:00 AM in the morning.
It really hurts to look at those 100% saturated colors and have a clear mind about it.
Especially if the selection is merely just a lighter or dimmer version of those toxic colors.

^Are there any natural colors between it?
Other than the green and teal green colors, it's pretty hard to pick out how to make of the skin.

Look at some palettes that I found online and blended them together:

General feeling: A warm sunset by water

General feeling: Quirky (These colors remind me of a certain book.)

General feeling: Sepia/ natural dull colors

General feeling: A mature setting

All pretty pleasing to the eye and they have the usual thing from bright to dull, general temperatures, or some pretty nice complements to each other.

If you're still lost, here's a color tutorial I pulled out just for ya if you never had any art lessons/ lectures from a middle school art teacher yet.
Link 1 and Link 2.
11/08/2014 8:20 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
Insanity
my eyes are melting
11/07/2014 10:41 am
koinu
That's the point
11/07/2014 10:50 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Batman
PureNerd
Thats a terrible point seeing as the reason for a palette contest is to give skinners a fun challenge that could work in many ways and is up to the imagination of the skinner, not make a bold neon palette that will look bad no matter how good you are at skinning because the whole base of the skin (the colors) aren't pleasing to the human eye
11/08/2014 8:06 am
koinu
I don't find those not pleasing to the human eye.
It won't look bad no matter how good you are at skinning.
The point for THIS challenge is to challenge skinners. It's not based on other challenges...
11/08/2014 8:44 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Batman
PureNerd
You may like it, yes.
But whether people like it or not is a matter of opinion, but for alot of people this palette will be way to strainful, even if I could make a good design with the palette, it will look bad no matter what I do, the colors don't mix at all. I'm not trying to be mean, but I am asking you to make another palette because barely anyone will enter this contest and I love palette challenge, and want you too succeed, but this palette won't get you anywhere with alot of people.
11/07/2014 12:06 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
You should listen to purenerd, Green and blue go very badly together and there is not even that much you can do with them. Maybe you should look at a few other contests before posting you own, it may give you a few ideas.

AND NO, that is NOT me saying that you should just copy/paste their palette's.
11/07/2014 7:25 am
Level 27 : Expert Toast
zoossrocks
It's a very bright, pallet. Most skinners don't use colors that bright.
11/07/2014 7:24 am
koinu
Alright, two participators!
11/07/2014 6:49 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Artist
MomoiroKohi
I'll see what I can do
11/07/2014 6:03 am
Gab_Cab
It's too bold for my taste.
11/07/2014 2:28 am
koinu
Mhm, that's the point.
11/06/2014 10:59 am
Level 1 : New Network
Halloween_Hype
I'll join. However, thats some palette
11/06/2014 10:40 am
koinu
Okay, it'll be the first!
11/06/2014 6:42 am
koinu
Hmm...
Alright then, I'll change the palette.
What do you all think the winner should be chosen by?
11/06/2014 8:27 am
Zitzabis
The usual way is to work on a judging system. You pick out the top 3 entries. Or you award scores to each skin in certain areas and then the skin with the most points, wins.
11/06/2014 5:54 am
Zitzabis
Two comments I entirely agree with and my added comments.

kawaiitoastSounds like a fun contest, but I don't think the system for choosing winners is fair... for example people with lower levels and less subs would probably get less diamonds, no matter how good/bad the content is.

Exactly, if Paril was to join this, he would pretty much win without doing anything.

Drazile12That palette is pretty horrible.

Again, exactly. OP, a lot of the shades are too similar and there isn't enough contrast between them. All I can see is creeper skins being made from this palette. The point of a palette contest is to only have a few shades and colours and that's what the contestants work with.
11/06/2014 5:20 am
Gab_Cab
Palette is arranged terribly.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome