Bukkit Server [Need Help]

HarryEscoto's Avatar HarryEscoto5/7/15 10:47 pm
5/7/2015 11:23 pm
anonpmc1452645's Avatar anonpmc1452645
I already started a new Bukkit server and I´m on my way on making the settings. However the server is not for people to join except me. My purpose is to use the commands from the plugins to make maps, by learning how to use them first of course. I already installed some plugins like “VoxelSniper” and “WorldEdit.” But I realized I couldn´t use the commands from the plugins because I need to have “permission” first. So I installed “PermissionsEx” and I´m using “Notepad++” to edit the “permission .yml” file.

I know Internet has a many answers, but I’m too lazy to read a whole article, I need someone to tell me what to correct if there is any mistake or if there’s something I need to add.

I followed this structure to have the permissions:
Click to reveal

I hope it’s correct and if there’s something I’m missing please tell me and explain what I have to write.

I have some questions too, that I would like to make and receive an answer from someone who knows how to manipulate this stuff. Please don’t hate me or make fun of this, I’m new with these things.

So as I have read you need to add in the .YML file the “permission nodes” from each plugin you have, so you are able to make use of the commands you want.

Do you need to write every node that you want to use? For example, I want to use 3 commands from WorldEdit and 4 from VoxelSniper, I have to put the seven different nodes to make use of each one? Or is there a specific node that will let me use any command?

What I have written is correct, or do I need to change something?

The number that I have written in the rank is correct? Or is it another number what I have to write? Since it’s only me who will join, I’m the Owner, but I don’t know if the rank is correct.

Ok, now that I have some permissions, and made myself owner of the server, it kicks me out for being AFK, I asume is AwayFromKeyboard, but I don´t know why is this happening. Is there something wrong in the settings? or is it other reason why this happens?

For now that’s everything I would like to ask, soon I might update this blog with more questions. If someone could help me, that would be great.
HarryEscoto
Level 20 : Expert Unicorn