Calling All Datapackers!

Amazing Zane's Avatar Amazing Zane5/14/24 12:51 pm
4 emeralds 148 5
5/15/2024 4:38 pm
SakuraSharkie's Avatar SakuraSharkie
Recently, I have been trying to make a datapack using the new NBT crafting mechanics coming to Minecraft 1.21. This data pack crafts new Sushi items, as well as some others from the data pack this was based off of. Please note that these were kept in for research, as this is my first time making a datapack.

The new recipes and items work as they should, however the texttures meant for them are not applied. Again, this is my first time making a data pack, so can somebody please leave a comment to help me debug this.

Here is a link to the pack I am talking about.
https://www.planetminecraft.com/data-pack/sushi-crafting-please-help-debug/

Thank you very much!
Amazing Zane
Level 4 : Apprentice Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

SmellyFishHead
05/15/2024 7:41 am
Level 47 : Master Fish
Hi Zane, I fixed your data pack. Is there a way to send it to you?
MaximusPrime23
05/15/2024 6:53 am
Level 37 : Artisan Wisp
If you did the resources right then check the zip file of the textures
MaximusPrime23
05/15/2024 6:51 am
Level 37 : Artisan Wisp
You need to put resources in "resourcepacks" folder and not the other folders.
A data pack does not load its own textures by itself, mods do that but data packs don't
SakuraSharkie
05/15/2024 4:38 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
history
Hiya! I just learned how to do this yesterday. I took a quick look at your code and Mysticat's as well. First off I want to point out your recipe for a Tuna Roll and Tuna Nigiri won't work. Even though you changed how the 'cod' item looks, it still is referred to as minecraft:cod under the hood and not minecraft:tuna. If you look at Mysticat's recipes for ruby items, she used minecraft:disc_fragment_5 since that was the base for their rubies.

I see that you've deleted Mysticat's files that set the textures. If you plan on keeping their emerald pickaxe, then you need to put the diamond_pickaxe.json back in models/item. Additionally, you will need to put cooked_beef.json back as well. In that file notice how custom_model_data: 1 refers to cheese and custom_model_data: 2 refers to cheese. This is where you will need to state the custom_model_data for your sushi rolls. You will also need to make a cooked_porkchop.json file to for your Nigiri items. PS You have a typo in tuna_nigiri.json that calls it a Salmon Nigiri.

Finally as sniffercraft34 points out, the custom textures and models should be put into a separate folder like mysticat. (For example assets/mysticat/models/item and assets/mysticat/textures/item)

Here is the guide I used to learn all this:
https://github.com/Simplexity-Development/Custom_Model_Data_Guide
sniffercraft34
05/14/2024 1:14 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Cookie
It's because in the resource pack, you put the textures in the minecraft folder, not in the mysticat folder.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome