I can't connect to server; my friend can.

CaptainMalone's Avatar CaptainMalone7/21/12 9:35 pm
8/6/2012 12:04 pm
rhinten's Avatar rhinten
My friend and I are both using MacBooks. We both updated Minecraft to the most current version. We are both attempting to connect to a server. We double-checked that we had typed in the same server information. His computer connects almost instantly, unless the server is full (in which case, of course, it gives a "server full" error.) My computer says that it can't reach the server and times out if I try to connect anyways. I am able to connect to other servers just fine. Does anyone have any ideas?
CaptainMalone
Level 59 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

rhinten
08/06/2012 12:04 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Farmer
i have the same problem.....
i can tell you that it isnt the firewall because mine is turned off
shinestar177
07/24/2012 9:13 am
Level 26 : Expert Dragonborn
Okay, it may be connection issues with your computer, I'm not on a mac, and i have had those problems before. It is sometimes to do with connection issues. [Will be your mac not getting good reception from the server] Try Restarting your Connection, or post your problem on the servers website.[/b]
Dydgus07
07/24/2012 8:55 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
CaptainMaloneMy friend and I are both using MacBooks. We both updated Minecraft to the most current version. We are both attempting to connect to a server. We double-checked that we had typed in the same server information. His computer connects almost instantly, unless the server is full (in which case, of course, it gives a "server full" error.) My computer says that it can't reach the server and times out if I try to connect anyways. I am able to connect to other servers just fine. Does anyone have any ideas?

Jeb will probably fix that in the 1.3 update IM sure i promise you THAT in august 1
he will fix that i know it. so Be happy and tell your friend.
BattlingApollo
07/24/2012 4:15 am
Level 29 : Expert Fisherman
I would suggest shutting down your computer, wait for a few minutes, then turn it back on. If that doesn't work, check your Internet connection.
CaptainMalone
07/23/2012 10:22 pm
Doesn't anyone have any ideas at all?
CaptainMalone
07/22/2012 11:02 pm
After spending quite some time researching port forwarding, I have found that it would only help me if I were attempting to create a server using my private LAN. This is not what I am trying to do. I am trying to connect to someone's server.

Can someone who has read my original post please offer a word of help? I am getting quite frustrated.
TykenFan
07/22/2012 6:59 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Warrior
mine did the same thing. Try port forwarding
CaptainMalone
07/22/2012 7:08 pm
Isn't port forwarding only for when you create a server? I am not trying to create a server, I am trying to connect to someone else's.
sordxyx
07/22/2012 6:54 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Enderdragon
i tryed it wudent work for me also so its not with u its with the serve
CaptainMalone
07/22/2012 7:02 pm
I can connect using my friend's computer. My friend can connect using his computer. I can connect using my girlfriend's computer. When I connect, the server is usually one or two people short of being full. It is apparently a problem with both of our computers.
CaptainMalone
07/22/2012 6:48 pm
The server is SkyBlock.net. I am fairly certain that it is not a Hamachi server; I have not found any information anywhere saying that it is. I am able to connect to other servers, but want to join my friend in doing the work he has already started on the server. I have restarted my computer. "We both updated Minecraft to the most current version," meaning that I reinstalled it before trying to connect. However, I have also tried reinstalling Minecraft twice since. "We double-checked that we had typed in the same server information," and I have checked it every time I tried.

"...do evrything right..."
I went through the exact same process on his computer and was able to connect. I am NOT doing something wrong, there is an error with my computer. I am looking for someone who has had the same problem to tell me what I need to change about my computer's settings in order to connect.
sordxyx
07/22/2012 6:37 pm
is the server hamachi
sordxyx
07/22/2012 6:36 pm
ok then do this Find another server or Restart your computer reinstall minecraft check ip do evrything right login
sordxyx
07/22/2012 6:30 pm
Hey can i join the server and do this

Ip localhost
Works for evry computer IF ITS YOUR SERVER
CaptainMalone
07/22/2012 6:34 pm
It is not my server. I do not have permission to add people to the server. I am trying to connect to someone else's server. My friend can and I cannot. I really appreciate all the answers I am getting but it would be nice if people would read my problem before suggesting solutions.
CaptainMalone
07/22/2012 6:27 pm
I'm not sure what you mean by "hopefully they will fix that." The issue clearly isn't caused by the fact that I'm on a MacBook, since my friend and I have exactly the same computer. Thank you for your response, though. It's good to at least know that someone is seeing this post.
Dydgus07
07/22/2012 6:06 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Same too im on a macbook and i can't either. but hopefully they will fix that.
CaptainMalone
07/22/2012 2:29 pm
Bumping again. I don't want to be a nuisance, but I really would like some help.
CaptainMalone
07/22/2012 12:02 pm
For further clarification, we tried switching computers- he logged in on mine and I on his. I could access the server from his computer and he could not access it from mine. Therefore, it is definitely a problem with my computer; I am not blacklisted from the server or anything like that.

I tried again this morning, and things are still the same. I had half a hope that waiting would change something, but no luck.
CaptainMalone
07/21/2012 10:20 pm
Bumping maybe?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome