I cant

anikin414's Avatar anikin4149/17/13 10:06 pm
1 emeralds 135 5
9/19/2013 9:54 pm
anikin414's Avatar anikin414
so, server owners, can YOU walk me through on how to make a minecraft server? dont send me any links please!
anikin414
Level 9 : Apprentice Ranger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/19/2013 9:54 pm
anikin414
yes...
09/18/2013 9:32 pm
anikin414
But with the minecraft server .exe how do i do it with that?
09/18/2013 9:37 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Dragon
jayman9696_
Are you home hosting?
09/18/2013 9:00 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Dragon
jayman9696_
Does a youtube video count as a link?
Anyways here we go,
step 1: pick a hosting company. I personally use EnviousHost but you can google "minecraft hosts" and you will get a bunch.

Step 2: Purchase the package you want. Most hosts have a different packages depending on how much RAM you want and how much you want to pay. I would recommend about 1.5 GB of RAM for you since its obviously your first time.

Step 3: Download Filezilla: It helps you connect with your server a bit more efficiently then Multicraft.

Step 4: Replace the default Minecraft.jar with Craftbukkit in your server. (Using FileZilla)

Step 5: Add plugins. Drop the plugins into your plugins folder (should be created automatically)
*RECOMMENDED PLUGINS:
-essentials
-essentials groupmanager
-multiverse
-world guard
-world edit
-towny/factions

Step 6: Finally turn your server on: This will create folders that you can edit in your plugins folder. It lets you customize each plugin.

Step 7: Customize the plugins: You can set them up to work well for you. The hardest part will be making the permissions.

Step 8: Get a spawn: you can either create one or download one. Google or search on PMC "spawns"

Step 9: Post your server on PMC and minecraft forums: This is the most efficient way to get new players

Step 10: Go back on PMC whenever you have another question or are confused. We can help you.

There are a lot of good resources to help you set up a server. Without putting in a link I recommend youtubing "setting up a server with envioushost" a player name Spitfire made an excellent guide to help. Obviously it is made for EnviousHost, but from my experiences it is exactly the same no matter who you have host.

Good Luck.

Also anyone can edit this/add to it in order to help him.
09/18/2013 12:29 am
Level 34 : Artisan Pokemon
DtigerCSK
If not ALL of what makes administrating minecraft great is this learning process you are about to embark upon. Your success, or your failure, lies in your googlefu ability. If your question took less than the words in this paragraph to ask, it's likely been asked before. Use the search feature.

You're not the first person who wants to make a server. There are a lot of great tutorials, and not everyone has the time to walk you through everything. If you want to make a server, or learn something new, you will have to search up things, and you will not always have someone to hold your hand 24/7. As you requested, I will not provide links to creating a server, as simple Google search will get you everything you need.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome