ComputerCraft Help

Drakonslof's Avatar Drakonslof3/3/13 2:10 pm
3/11/2013 7:08 am
RevolutionalRedStone's Avatar RevolutionalRedStone
So I made a program on a turtle in creative as an experiment, and I have been trying to copy it to a disk so that I can use it on other turtles as well, but I got stuck. Nothing I search on the internet is helpful! Please help Me!!!!
Drakonslof
Level 42 : Master Electrician

Create an account or sign in to comment.

RevolutionalRedStone
03/11/2013 7:08 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Pirate
Hmm, sounds like you are close.

Try making a weirdly named program in CC and then search your whole computer for a file with that name.

Be sure to send any further questions you have about this mod my-way.
Drakonslof
03/08/2013 12:05 pm
The world save is not there, nor can I find any folder called mods (except FTBBETA and Direwolfpack which neither of them do I use). I use the Mindcrack pack and I can't find a single folder with that name. Maybe I'm just ignorant but I'm completely lost. Though I did succeed in copying the file to another turtle and to a disk which I now cherish with pride.
RevolutionalRedStone
03/08/2013 2:22 am
ftb... Feed the beast ?

The world is saved in %appdata%/.Minecraft/Saves

The text file ( assuming you mean the .lua file ) is stored inside the mods sub-directory post-fixed with the computer terminals unique id... the file names and folder hierarchys are the same as in the computer-craft OS.

Good luck.
Drakonslof
03/10/2013 5:32 am
I have found the world save as well as the mods folder. In it there is a compressed computercraft file, in it I searched for any saves or something like that but all I find is the default programs.
Drakonslof
03/07/2013 12:31 pm
So I have succeeded in copying and pasting the program, but I am using ftb, so where is the world save/text file?
RevolutionalRedStone
03/06/2013 7:45 pm
To copy a file or folder from disk simply type copy 'disk/file name' 'file name'

The Lua file is stored as ASCII text within the folder Mods under .Minecraft in %appdata%.

Can't wait to see it : )
RevolutionalRedStone
03/06/2013 1:32 am
It's quite simple.

When a disk drive is next-to or behind a comutter terminal or turtle; a new root directory 'disk' becomes available.

To copy a file or folder to disk simply type copy 'file name' 'disk/file name'

Is it an interesting program you wrote ?
Drakonslof
03/06/2013 11:55 am
(noob alert) I got that far, but how do I install the program into another turtle? Yeah, I hope it is, I will be uploading it actually if all goes well. And also I have another question, is there any way of copying the text in the program into a notepad or word form, I just want to be sure I have it saved.
katiebug586
03/04/2013 12:37 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Warrior
just forget compter craft and just stick with the turtele u have
Drakonslof
03/06/2013 1:06 am
The turtles are in computercraft, so how can i forget it? And also this program is 139 lines long, so its important to me!
Drakonslof
03/03/2013 2:41 pm
Thank you that really helped!
Knightsundere
03/03/2013 2:38 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Oh woops looked over your second question. Try reversing the command I gave you; paste Farm [insertturtlename]/Farm. I am not the best with turtles, as it is, but I'm a lot better with actual programs.
Drakonslof
03/04/2013 12:35 pm
Its not working
Knightsundere
03/03/2013 2:35 pm
Hmm. I think the command is "copy Farm disk/Farm". BTW, I watched your redstone videos, really impressive. I liked the Calculator one the best. If you want some more info on ComputerCraft, heres the link for the official wiki; http://computercraft.info/wiki/Main_Page
Knightsundere
03/03/2013 2:13 pm
How did you get stuck? I've been working with ComputerCraft for a while. To make a file on a turtle copy to something, put a disk drive next to the turtle, and then copy/paste.
Drakonslof
03/03/2013 2:24 pm
I made a program named Farm, then I put a disk drive on top of the turtle and inserted a red Floppy disk. Then what do I do? Write "copy Farm disk" or what? And how do I paste it into another turtle?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome