How do I enable a plugin?

wordsbytoosht's Avatar wordsbytoosht11/2/21 9:03 pm
11/3/2021 8:43 pm
wordsbytoosht's Avatar wordsbytoosht
Hello, I've been working on a server, this server needs loads of plugins, I wanted to manage the plugin ChestCommands. At the start, it was all fine, no issues found or anything similar, I wanted to add a new plugin Its called Wild-Tp, and then I wanted to /reload the server so I did, I checked /plugins to see if its already in the server. All the plugin names were green but one isnt! It was ChestCommands. How do I enable the plugin?
wordsbytoosht
Level 1 : New Collective

Create an account or sign in to comment.

lloyddominic26
11/02/2021 9:31 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Birb
Hello! First things first, make sure that the plugin is compatible with the version of your server. There are some instances wherein the plugin is only compatible to versions 1.13 and up, which means it won't load in 1.12 below.
Second, check your Console for errors. You will see in the logs why the plugin didn't load.
wordsbytoosht
11/02/2021 9:39 pm
Yes, the plugin is compatible with the version I'm using, and on the log there were some errors, which I do not know how to fix, I am new at server making and plugins.

Log Errors:

There were 1 detected problems:

The plugin 'ChestCommands' cannot execute the command '/cc'.
It asks me to install another version of that plugin or to delete it.

Heres The Log if you want to check it out:

https://mclo.gs/T8ahXAq
lloyddominic26
11/02/2021 10:12 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Birb
Oh, thanks for sharing the logs! That really helps in determining the problem.

I see the problem now. Since you've used the "/reload" command, the plugin failed to load again since the reload command is not advised as it could break plugins. It would be better to just issue the reload command embedded in the plugin itself (for instance, "/cc reload"), or by stopping the server and starting it again. I know the second option seems tedious, but it's the only way to safely enable all the plugins. Also, you don't need to issue "/reload", unless you are replacing or updating the plugin's JAR itself.

The plugin actually loaded before you do "/reload". It just has 1 error related to the menu files:

1) Two menus ("plugins/ChestCommands/menu/compass.yml" and "plugins/ChestCommands/menu/example.yml") have the same command "menu". Only one will be opened when the command is executed.
This means that there are 2 commands named "menu", and the plugin won't know which "menu" command to execute. Try deleting "example.yml" (make sure to backup it first!!!) and see if the problem goes away and the plugin now loads.

Also by the way (and just as a recommendation), I have noticed through your logs that you are using CraftBukkit as your server software. CraftBukkit alone, I would say, is deprecated and there exists better, faster, and popular alternatives like Spigot and Paper. I recommend using Paper as it is faster than CraftBukkit or even Spigot.
wordsbytoosht
11/03/2021 8:43 pm
Thanks! It finally works now!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome