How to give linger potions with commands?

Jnaejnae's Avatar Jnaejnae8/15/15 3:52 pm
1 emeralds 6.9k 6
8/26/2015 9:44 pm
SkunkyD's Avatar SkunkyD
I want to make a command block that gives certain linger potions, the new type of potions in the newest snapshot. I can only figure out how to give myself a default one with no effect. Can someone give me the command for poison, slowness, and water breathing linger potions? If not can someone tell me how to see the nbt tags of an item in a snapshot minecraft version, so I can figure out how to give players those specific linger potions. Thanks.
Jnaejnae
Level 38 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

SkunkyD
08/26/2015 9:44 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
I think I found the answer!

/give @p minecraft:lingering_potion 1 0 {Potion:"minecraft:long_invisibility"}
will give you lingering potion of invisibility and the effect lasts for 2 minutes.

The potion effects you are looking for is...
/give @p minecraft:lingering_potion 1 0 {Potion:"minecraft:poison"}
/give @p minecraft:lingering_potion 1 0 {Potion:"minecraft:slowness"}
/give @p minecraft:lingering_potion 1 0 {Potion:"minecraft:water_breathing"}

If you want to increase the duration, add "long_" to the beginning of the name
an example:
/give @p minecraft:lingering_potion 1 0 {Potion:"minecraft:long_water_breathing"}

Hope this helps
MrDoctorH
08/15/2015 8:10 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Jnaejnae
08/16/2015 8:52 pm
Sorry for the late response but that didnt really help me, the only commands I saw him use were scoreboard commands, if I missed the command Id be grateful if you can point it out or just give me it in plain text. For future people it would be more helpful to just give me the command, and not direct me to a site or tutorial, but any help is still great.
ArtifactHunter
08/15/2015 4:35 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist
I know exactly how! Go to the minecraft wiki, and type in:

"Potion command names"

Now, if you'd do ME a favor...I don't have any replies either...please check this out...I REALLY need this answered... http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/twitch-library-not-loading-t507403.html
Jnaejnae
08/15/2015 7:52 pm
oh btw i replied to your thread, dont know if you seen it yet.
Jnaejnae
08/15/2015 5:16 pm
I did that, on both wikis. The best I got was :minecraft.gamepedia.com/Potion
There it tells me the potion number like regen =8257 and such, but I dont know how to implement that number in the command, I also dont know how to make it apply to lingering potions, not regular or splash. Thanks for the suggestion but if you really know how I would really appreciate if you could be more specific or just flat out write the command for me,
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome