How to host a server?

porkhellpvp's Avatar porkhellpvp1/16/15 12:30 pm
1 emeralds 194 5
1/21/2015 10:09 am
Samistine's Avatar Samistine
Hey I just started playing minecraft again after a couple of months and I used to host a bukkit server now I just tried and bukkit was removed for legal reasons, that is partly why I'm here how do I host a server that allows plugins like bukkit? For example hypixel how does he host his server?
porkhellpvp
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/21/2015 10:09 am
Level 24 : Expert Engineer
Samistine
Hypixel is not hosted on the same machines that other severs hosted on mcprohosting are running on. It is more of an advertising deal that Hypixel and mcprohosting worked out. From what I have heard, mcprohosting seems to be oversold, althoght they seem to have people that will help you through most problems, compared to other hosts.

If you just want to be able to connect with a few friends, then hosting it yourself is a great way to do so. But please remember that you must be running the server for others to be able to connect, and must be able to portforward, etc.

*EDIT*
I just reread what the OP said, and he already was hosting a server himself and just needed to know where to get the jar from. From my understanding, he already knows how to do most of everything needed to run a server
01/20/2015 1:39 pm
Level 29 : Expert Taco
-Stuffy-
U can use McProHosting which is what I and Hypixel use.
I think it's the best server hoster and offers full access to files and if u can have and plugins installed in a click of a button (if u have a bukkit server) it's really good and encourage you to give it a try.
https://mcprohosting.com/
01/16/2015 9:10 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc272963
[deleted]
01/16/2015 12:45 pm
Level 27 : Expert Explorer
alistairw
Use a server host, I currently own one. If you message me on skype we can talk about prices.

: ToxicLemonYT
01/16/2015 12:51 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
porkhellpvp
What are you using to host the server? For example vanilla, bukkit ect.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome