How do I make my server Run 24/7 Like other servers?

BigmannyB's Avatar BigmannyB9/9/13 7:09 am
1 emeralds 152 4
9/9/2013 11:12 pm
Hotdogmoe's Avatar Hotdogmoe
I have a server but It on runs when I open the server log. I've been seeing other server without the owner even there and his server was still running all day. Also I've searched it up a couple of times and Most of them was say I needed to pay.. So How do I make it run 24/7 for free?
BigmannyB
Level 10 : Journeyman Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Hotdogmoe
09/09/2013 11:12 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
BigmannyB
RashneishHowdy friend

The way I see it, you have a few options. None of them are particularly straightforward.

The first of these is to get yourself a reasonable desktop computer with a reliable cooling system and talk your parents into paying your steadily increasing electricity bill. You then proceed to run the server off that, in the same manner you have previously.

The second option is to somehow procure a sponsorship from one of the many hosting companies available.

This will involve either talking to them directly, and explaining why you deserve the opportunity and what is in it for them or making a post with similar information.
This is possible (I have seen it done successfully on at least one occasions) but you will need lots of luck and patience.

The third and final option is to join a smallish server that you like, and slowly but surely work your way up the ranks until you are give console access at which point you might as well own the damn thing.

This is my personal favorite, since you get most of the benefits of ownership, without any of the bullshit responsibility.

Oh thanks I did the last Option and Now I have console access thanks for the advice.

DID U FU***** GREIF ME
BigmannyB
09/09/2013 4:07 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Warrior
RashneishHowdy friend

The way I see it, you have a few options. None of them are particularly straightforward.

The first of these is to get yourself a reasonable desktop computer with a reliable cooling system and talk your parents into paying your steadily increasing electricity bill. You then proceed to run the server off that, in the same manner you have previously.

The second option is to somehow procure a sponsorship from one of the many hosting companies available.

This will involve either talking to them directly, and explaining why you deserve the opportunity and what is in it for them or making a post with similar information.
This is possible (I have seen it done successfully on at least one occasions) but you will need lots of luck and patience.

The third and final option is to join a smallish server that you like, and slowly but surely work your way up the ranks until you are give console access at which point you might as well own the damn thing.

This is my personal favorite, since you get most of the benefits of ownership, without any of the bullshit responsibility.

Oh thanks I did the last Option and Now I have console access thanks for the advice.
Rashneish
09/09/2013 1:17 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Engineer
Howdy friend

The third and final option is to join a smallish server that you like, and slowly but surely work your way up the ranks until you are given console access. At this point you might as well own the damn thing.

sticman112
09/09/2013 11:22 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Warrior
You can run it off of your Computer for 24 hours a day... (Which I don't recommend) or you can pay. There is pretty much no other way to host a server 24/7. Sorry if I didn't answer your question.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome