Low FPS on Minecraft

elleo_88's Avatar elleo_886/25/18 1:10 pm
1 emeralds 335 3
6/26/2018 9:56 pm
carbonawk's Avatar carbonawk
I know that fps depend on the specs of your PC, but in my case i get between 20 and 30 fps (frames per second) with max settings but i think i should get more.

My specs:
Processor: AMD A10 8700p 1.80 GHz
RAM: 12 GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon R6 2 GB VRAM
1 TB HDD

In the information that appears when you press the key F3, i notice that minecraft only use 10% of the potential of the graphic card, and 5% of the RAM, i don´t know if is a bottleneck but i want to know if there is a way to force minecraft to use the 100% of the graphics card and RAM to increase the fps

elleo_88
Level 20 : Expert Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

SnickerToodles
06/25/2018 8:34 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
history
Your processor isn't good enough. Minecraft needs a processor with a speed of about 3.0 to run effectively, though about 2.5 will do it for most people. Sub-2.0, though, I wouldn't expect a consistent 20 FPS, much less 30.

It isn't using as much power from your RAM and graphics card because it doesn't need to. Forcing it to wouldn't... do anything. It's already using as much graphics card/RAM as that program requires. What it needs is more processing power.

Edit: Your processor has a turbo speed function which might not be being used for some reason. Look it up and see if you can find any settings to fix. But it may simply not be registering Minecraft as "demanding", causing it to simply run at its lowest clock speed. Nothing you can do but use a graphics card that runs at a higher clock speed by default.

Also i realized your graphics is integrated. I thought it was a real card. That isn't helping, and everything I said might be wrong, it might just be that you have a low-end integrated card.
elleo_88
06/26/2018 9:38 pm
Level 20 : Expert Miner
Is a dedicated graphic, on the panel appears like 2 graphics card, i don´t know why, maybe is a crossfire between the dedicated card and the integrated:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8z5oosj091q8lz8/view_of_graphics.png?dl=0
i still think i should get more fps
Once when i was playing multiplayer i get 60fps, here is the screenshot (i put links to dropbox, i don´t know how to put images here)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qz2ybjlfv998p4n/60fps.png?dl=0
Also in an ocassion when i was playing an adventure map, even with a texture pack, i get 100 fps
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7glw45onctrtie/100%20fps%20minecraft.jpg?dl=0

But notice that in the second picture says that is using 68% of the graphics card.
carbonawk
06/26/2018 9:56 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Cake
You are sending links to images where almost NOTHING is happening. Of course, fps is much higher.
You have an APU, these are known to be low-performance with efficiency in mind. Unless you have a seconds graphics chip, which is not unheard of with these machines. Don't expect much change.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome